Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Legend
Legend
I think part of this Lebron vs. Kevin is all contrived. Maybe there's something there that's causing friction, but the fact that it's in the media tells me they're both talking about it to prove a point (and ultimately get closer and better). See Phil Jackson and the way he'd talk to the media to get his players on the same page.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
I wish Love played like he did yday in every single game. We just went crazy. Yet another fun game watching our Cavs bully around people!

Dellabadova(sp) is getting very comfortable with those threes now. And I'm loving the unselfish ball movement. *best* friends or not, LBJ was finding Love and Kevin was rewarding with putting points up!

Go Cavs!!!

The third quarter was just a thing of beauty. We went on something like a 20-2 run. I think just about all of those points were assisted. Guys were zipping passes everywhere, passing up decent shots for great ones. I think we had three or so alley-oops and a bunch of wide open 3's. K.Love was getting tons of good looks and nailing his shots. And then on the defensive end, Memphis just resorted to shot-chucking because they couldn't break us down. Closest to "Spurs"-ball that we've looked all season and it was against the 2nd best team in the West.

Legend
Legend
We've got 3 weak teams coming up (I think we will whoop Miami at home to send them a message).

Legend
Legend
Our remaining games are:

27th: @Brooklyn
29th: Philly
2nd: Miami
5th Chicago
8th: @Milwaukee
12th: @Boston
13th: Detroit
15th: Washington

Remember when people (and pundits) were talking about how tough a stretch the Cavaliers had after the All Star break, with all of those tough road games? Well, we have 8 games left at this point, and 5 are at home. Chicago looks to be our toughest challenges, and the Wizards game could be completely meaningless by the time it rolls around.

I seriously believe that we will win 6-7 of our last 8 games, and the ones we don't win will be because we rest our starters.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
most likely we will be the 2nd seed, dunno if we can catch atlanta for the top spot.

that being said, i don't want us playing miami in the first round, as they are currently 7th.

i want us to see either boston or milwaukee, so i hope they play a musical chairs game and miami gets bumped one spot higher or lower.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Kind of a dumb question, but if the playoffs started right now, what seed would Chicago be? They'd be 5th correct? I ask because of the division rules.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Kind of a dumb question, but if the playoffs started right now, what seed would Chicago be? They'd be 5th correct? I ask because of the division rules.

3rd.

The 3 division winners are only garunteed at least a top 4 spot..

Last edited by ThatGuy; 03/26/15 12:51 PM.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend

3rd.

NBA.com Standings

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

3rd.

The 3 division winners are only garunteed at least a top 4 spot..

Which is how the NFL should seed their teams too (well, with the same high level theory). Winning your division should guarantee you a spot in the playoffs, but not a home playoff game IMO.

Ultimately, I think the NFL will do the right thing when they add the 7th wildcard team to each conference. You'll have the best team in the conference with a first round bye and all others have to play on wildcard weekend (2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, & 4 vs. 5). Each division winner will only have a guaranteed spot in the playoffs, not a home game.

Back on topic, while it would be nice to not have to face a healthy Wade, the Cavs will eventually have to beat four teams to win the title anyway, so why not the Heat as their first victim? And anyway, if you want to face the worst team, get the #1 seed.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: jaybird
Kevin love obviously doesn't fit in with the cavs....

notallthere

I know it was sarcasm, but I don't think that's true, and I don't think you can use one game to support or not support that position.

In general, Love just doesn't seem very happy trying to figure out where he fits in. Even his post game locker room interview, he seemed somewhat unhappy. I don't think Blatt or LeBron do him any favors either trying to make him feel comfortable and figuring out how he best fits with the team.

Yesterday was a great example of what they could be. I hope Love remembers games like this when making his decision. I also hope the Cavs at least reach the Finals. If they do that, I think it will go a long way to keeping Love.

I think the Cavs are much better with him than without him. His rebounding and passing cannot be understated to how much value that provides the team. But I will say he doesn't seem to be all that happy. On the court, in interviews, etc.

I'm crossing my fingers it all works out.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
S
Legend
Legend
S
I wouldn't put too much into Love's tone, demeanor, body language, or any of that.. He's just a different guy. Go back to his Minnesota days, or even in his interviews after arriving in Cleveland. He has never seemed all that comfortable in front of a camera.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
I wouldn't put too much into Love's tone, demeanor, body language, or any of that.. He's just a different guy. Go back to his Minnesota days, or even in his interviews after arriving in Cleveland. He has never seemed all that comfortable in front of a camera.

For some who doesn't like to be in front of the camera, he sure is in front of the camera a lot.

S
Legend
Legend
S
What about being interviewed? When you're not having fun and goofing off.

Go watch his Cavs intro presser. He seemed incredibly nervous.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I have never got that vibe from Love. I think you are reading into things.

Legend
Legend
Ugh. I did not see tonight's game, but what in the world happened? crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA/Cavs Discussion III

Link Copied to Clipboard