Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#941425 03/28/15 10:15 AM
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
Just this week went to Fioptic TV and got rid of Directv.
So no Sunday Ticket.
Fioptic has NFL Redzone but I want to use my antennae for the games that are not being broadcast in Cincinnati.
I know I can watch them on internet but wanted to get away from that.

I wanted to know what channels(OTA)will be carrying the 2015 Browns' Games? I can easily get Dayton, OH, Columbus, OH and Louisville, KY.

Early I know but I want to get the equipment dialed in.

Any help will be appreciated.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Columbus will be your best bet, but they will show the Bengals over the Browns quite often since we stink. If we ever get better the Columbus market will show the Browns as that, IMO, is the largest fan base in central ohio.

#gmstrong
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
Thanks that was my thought also.
Louisville, KY used to carry the games years ago, back in the analog days.... lol!
In fact that's why I have my current antennae.
(I'm researching newer HDTV antennas now.)

Do you happen to know what channel in Columbus carries them?

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Channel 10 is the CBS affiliate, which would carry them the most often. When we play NFC teams at home it would likely be on Fox, channel 28 though the broadcast rules changed last year to make who shows what in regards to conferences more relaxed.

#gmstrong
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
Thank You VERY much!

I'll be able to search how strong an antennae I'll need.
I should be able to pull them in easily from my location east of Cincy.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I studied the heck out of this stuff a couple years ago. Below is a synopsis of what I'd found...

All over-the-air television in the United States is broadcast using digital signals. There's no difference between a regular TV signal and a high-definition TV signal, or between a regular TV antenna and an HDTV antenna. Antennas may provide features, however, such as the ability to amplify a signal or point directly at a signal, and these antennas are commonly marketed as HDTV antennas. Choose an antenna that receives the HD channels you want to watch. Like all things digital, HDTV reception is an either-or proposition – you receive an HD channel in high definition or you don't receive it at all.

link

Here's a pretty good guide to selecting an antenna from the FCC.gov. A lot of good information as well as tips for good reception. It's all on one page but is a good starting point in your search.

FCC.gov

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It is harder now to pull in distant signals, because you need a line of sight. The old TV broadcast signals moved in a wave fashion, and covered areas in an up and down manner. They could fill in valleys and dips in terrain easily.

The new digital signals are line of sight. You can pull in distant channels, but you better not be blocked by terrain and such.

http://www.antennaweb.org/ will tell you what channels ou are likely to receive, and at what strength. I had hopes of putting an antenna on top of my house and pulling in Cleveland channels for Browns games ..... but I can't do that from here. Even with a super long distance antenna, it doesn't matter. I can get one channel, I believe, from Indiana, or something. Other than that, I can get my locals and that's it. I am in the Mahoning Valley, and even in a relatively high area, I am still in a valley, and that does not bode well for HDTV, digital signals.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
Thanks for the Links!!

My old Channel Master is 20+ years old and seen MUCH better days.
But the mast piping is still good so I'll save a bunch of time (and money)there.

I'm going amplified and rotating.

I've been looking into a Channel Master DVR+
http://www.channelmaster.com/TV_Freedom_s/314.htm#no-fees
for recording games (and local TV)

B
Legend
Legend
B
Seems like you are spending a lot of money on a system you might get to watch 1 of every 4 games.

I think I would seek another option if the goal is to actually watch Browns games.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
That's just one of the goals.
We also will be recording OTA prime time shows and college football games.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Browns on OTA Channels?

Link Copied to Clipboard