V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Quote:
Report: Sam Bradford wouldn't sign extension with Browns
Originally written on Waiting For Next Year | Last updated 3/31/15

The Browns reportedly wanted to acquire Sam Bradford from the Rams but the QB reportedly was unwilling to sign an extension with the team. Scott Halleran/Getty Images

By Scott Sargent

Another day, another member of the media confirming that it was in fact the Cleveland Browns who offered a first-round draft pick for former St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford.

Bradford was ultimately sent to the Philadelphia Eagles in a deal for quarterback Nick Foles. According to Sports Illustrated’s Peter King, however, the machinations of the failed deal run a lot deeper than just the Browns being one-upped by the Chip Kelly.

I think I can now say with certainty that The Other Team in the chase for Sam Bradford—as many have inferred—was Cleveland. The Browns would have been willing to part with a first-round pick in either 2015 or 2016 (I do not know which year) for Bradford, but there were two problems: One, the Browns didn’t have a quarterback to give in return, and Philadelphia was willing to fork over Nick Foles. Two, Bradford would not have been willing to sign a new contract this off-season if he were traded to Cleveland, and he is willing to consider an extension in Philadelphia. So the Philly deal was really the only one that made sense for the Rams and for Bradford, in the end.

So, let’s take this step by step:

Apparently none of the three quarterbacks on the Browns—Johnny Manziel, Josh McCown, or Connor Shaw—counted as actual quarterbacks. Splendid. While Browns fans could play the “grumble grumble national media narrative bias grumble” card, fewer individuals are more plugged in to the Rams than King. If he’s reporting it, it’s true.

Then there’s the contract situation. Bradford was not willing to sign a contract extension with the Browns. Entering the final year of his gigantic six-year, $78 million deal, Bradford is set to be a free agent in 2016. This report insinuates that not only was Bradford willing to sign with the Eagles, but he will most definitely sign an extension with them, effectively washing away the hope that Cleveland could still acquire him on Draft Day. While it’s not worth ever counting out Kelly and his potential to make a head-scratching move, it appears that the former Sooner will be in the City of Brotherly Love for the next several well-compensated seasons. Not bad considering he was pondering retirement as recent as a few months ago.

Meanwhile, the Browns are still without a quarterback. They have plenty of ammunition in the way of draft picks, but even those are up for debate as the NFL is expected to take at least one of them this week. Teams with quality quarterbacks are not willing to trade them and free agency is never the answer. It’s looking more and more like the Browns will be picking another QB come draft time. It is also looking more and more like we’ll be having these exact same discussions a year from now.

Someone asked for a link. Here it is. More negative news for the Browns under Farmer and Haslam.

Here is the link:

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2015/03/sam-bradford-cleveland-browns-trade-rumors/

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 03/31/15 11:27 PM.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Someone asked for a link. Here it is. More negative news for the Browns under Farmer and Haslam.

Not doubting that there is a link, but where is it in your post?

On topic; Good, not a fan of Bradford coming here for big cash. While a good QB he hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy for an entire year, and while a substantial upgrade on our current QB's if he doesn't play an entire season (and hopefully into the post-season) then I'd prefer someone who could.

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I didn't want us to go after Bradford either.

However, it certainly appears that we were willing to give up a first round pick for him. Was that smart?

We did not get him for two reasons:

1. None of our QBs are good enough to be trade worthy.

2. Bradford wanted no part of the Browns.

I posted the article to show how bad our situation is and to counter the stupid arguments of those who say that guys like me are just whiners and complainers. I say there is ample reason to have concerns and the insults of posters who don't agree are invalid.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

C
Legend
Legend
C
Bradford, smartly, used the only leverage he had to help move himself to a better situation. Nothing wrong with that.

My bet is that we are not the only team in the NFL that he would be unwilling to sign an extension with.

I am glad we weren't able to trade for Bradford. It also doesn't leave me thinking that Farmer is all that smart; in that he was willing to give up a first round pick for Bradford.

In the end, the Rams took the better deal. Foles and a 2nd round pick is a better deal than just a first round pick. I wonder if we would have traded for Bradford even with him not wanting to sign an extension. We could have franchise tagged him (at a very high rate) for the 2016 season.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Obviously, he didn't want to come here and if we landed him with a trade, franchise tagging him in 2016 would have just irritated him more. If he doesn't want to be here, I don't want him or blame him for that matter.

L
2nd String
2nd String
L
That whole article sounds like mere speculation to me...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Lairdawg
That whole article sounds like mere speculation to me...

I think a lot of it is... but King is usually a fair dealer so I could see that he would not want to come here.

Of course his reasons are not known ...my guess is he made his money now wants a chance to win... and Phillie is better equipped for that.

Nonetheless it will be espoused ad naseum that he wouldn't come here because of farmer and Haslam.. again with no concrete proof, but it fits the line of thinking of some.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:
Nonetheless it will be espoused ad naseum that he wouldn't come here because of farmer and Haslam.. again with no concrete proof, but it fits the line of thinking of some.

There are those that look at what has happened minus the kool ade and they aren't happy with what they see. One could easily without the use of any imagination what so ever, look and say wow this team is profoundly dysfunctional. The only hope is, is that they turn the page on the dysfunctional and get their acts together.

If we are to change the perception and garner respect we have to be steady so far we are not, and from the outside looking in they don't appear to have learned much if anything at all about why the perception is what it is. And I include a great many of the fans. We need a steady hand in the form of an owner but we are far from seeing that yet.

In conclusion if I were a player this would be the last place I would want to come unless I just wanted a pay check which is indicative of the players we have been able to attract and retain for that matter.

Pretend for a moment your not a fan but are just someone on the outside looking in and it will come to you.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Has he signed an extension with the Eagles? I read somewhere that it was told to the Eagles that it was a Definite MAYBE, I think the word used was "CONSIDER" If he told us the same thing. I wouldn't have wanted us to make the deal.

I loved Bradford - I thought he was THE BEST QB PROSPECT, shame with all the injuries we might never know that. But coming off of 2 ACL on the same knee. 4 starts in two seasons??? One year left on his original Contract. I would want to sit him a year maybe wait till we knew he was fully rehabbed.

But he made it known to the RAMS he wasn't going to extend his contract with them. I don't know if he has a favorite childhood team. I thought the proximity to Dallas from OKLA he might want to finish his career there?

But lets face it - we might show Continuity on the O in the near future but right now there has been none! In that regard for a QB to decide to end his career here we would not be the first in line that is for sure. 2, 3 years from now I hope he wishes he did. But unfortunately just the wrong time for us with Bradford...Unfortunately Mangini won the last 4 games in 2009 to put us out of the Suck for Sam race.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I think I can now say with certainty that The Other Team in the chase for Sam Bradford—as many have inferred—was Cleveland.

Where is his proof? I mean he can now "SAY" with certainty that the other team was the Browns. Great. In what way was he able to confirm this.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
To be blunt, who cares? This dude's destiny is riding the sidelines for some various injury.

Yes, he's better than any qb we have. But so what, he's pointless to us, and any team, cause of his fragility.

Legend
Legend
I said it before, i would've been pissed if we gave up a 1st for a QB that tears something getting out of bed in the morning.

We can say all we want about his potential, the dude is a bum. if he somehow makes it as an Eagles QB without getting injured, then hey, good for him.

But his history says otherwise.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Bradford would have instantly made us a better team, I'm still a little disappointed we didn't land him. People argue about him being an injury risk, and while I certainly don't disagree, I think the risk/reward tilts higher in the reward column with him. Plus, we're Cleveland and our QB situation has been an absolute punch line for 15 years now, to me it was worth taking the gamble. The Rams never gave Bradford much of an offensive line nor did they provide him with any good wide receivers and still he managed to look fairly good when he was healthy.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he didn't want to come to Cleveland, until we're winners and show some stability in the front office we'll continue to be purgatory for good NFL players.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
D
Legend
Legend
D
Our franchise QB will have to come from the draft. The only way we get an established starter is if his team is trading him in his jump year (FA), and we can't risk that without the player being willing to sign an extension.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You're right Dave.

The question now is, are there any franchise QB's in this draft class, and if so how do we get one?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MrKelso
...he didn't want to come to Cleveland, until we're winners ...

There are players who want to go to winners, and then there are the true "heros" who want to go to a team to turn them into winners. I trust the subtle difference is obvious...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Two things stand out about Bradford, one from his career: HE'S NEVER HEALTHY.

And the second is from the article:

Quote:
Not bad considering he was pondering retirement as recent as a few months ago.

That's a big, "No thank you," for me.

Do I like that the article makes it look like we somehow got chumped by Bradford/Kelly? I don't really care. Press is mostly about $#!% stirring and controversy creation with the occasional bit of relevant information. This article is simply about the first two with none of the last.

Do I like it that we went after him in the first place? Not really, but not surprised either. Just thankful that we didn't get him.

Do I give a crap what happens to Bradford next? Not a bit.

Do I think there is some draft day deal for him in the works? No, and I pray to God there is not.

Do I think this somehow makes the Browns, Farmer & the FO look foolish? Not a bit, it's their job to try to turn over suitable stones to improve the team. Sometimes luck and circumstances just work in your favor, as I think they have in this case.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
Quote:

There are those that look at what has happened minus the kool ade and they aren't happy with what they see. One could easily without the use of any imagination what so ever, look and say wow this team is profoundly dysfunctional. The only hope is, is that they turn the page on the dysfunctional and get their acts together.

If we are to change the perception and garner respect we have to be steady so far we are not, and from the outside looking in they don't appear to have learned much if anything at all about why the perception is what it is. And I include a great many of the fans. We need a steady hand in the form of an owner but we are far from seeing that yet.

In conclusion if I were a player this would be the last place I would want to come unless I just wanted a pay check which is indicative of the players we have been able to attract and retain for that matter.

Pretend for a moment your not a fan but are just someone on the outside looking in and it will come to you.

agree with the premise and certainly we have areas to improve on... but my contention is that to say with certainty the sole reason a player chooses not to come here is dysfunction and nothing else, without those words being spoken by said player begs the antecedent and by nature is an argument based in fallacy.

There are other reasons for a player to want to go to another place and those should not necessarily be dismissed out of hand

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
I said it before, i would've been pissed if we gave up a 1st for a QB that tears something getting out of bed in the morning.

We can say all we want about his potential, the dude is a bum. if he somehow makes it as an Eagles QB without getting injured, then hey, good for him.

But his history says otherwise.

He's VERY FAR from a Bum Swish. He's a damn good QB when healthy. The problem is, and I can't find a way to blame him for it, he can't stay healthy. That does not make him a bum.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
This is slightly off topic but applicable to this situation. One thing that drove me nuts about our team's previous FOs & staffs that seems to have slowed a bit with the current FO & staff is the loose lips of the Browns & many NFL teams.

Whether I like the Sam Bradford situation or not, I find it amazing that franchise owners have no issues with their inside information being leaked to the press.
I like the fact that going into the draft the Browns were difficult to predict their pick because Farmer & Pettine play it close to the vest and many of the suppositions of area writers turn out to be wrong.

I hope that is because Browns FO people are keeping their thoughts in house.

Sorry to have hijacked this topic a bit.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN
This is slightly off topic but applicable to this situation. One thing that drove me nuts about our team's previous FOs & staffs that seems to have slowed a bit with the current FO & staff is the loose lips of the Browns & many NFL teams.

Whether I like the Sam Bradford situation or not, I find it amazing that franchise owners have no issues with their inside information being leaked to the press.
I like the fact that going into the draft the Browns were difficult to predict their pick because Farmer & Pettine play it close to the vest and many of the suppositions of area writers turn out to be wrong.

We've had worse hijackings LOL

Anyway, I've yet to see where that writer got his info. He's not saying that he has an inside source or that he spoke to someone that wanted to remain anonymous or anything like that.

What I'm saying is that there is nothing that says with any certainty, that anyone working for the Browns leaked anything.

to me, this is another in a long line of bogus stories.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
j/k

Maybe that's the reason the Browns pulled the plug on the trade. Which sounds bad, but Bradford didn't sign an extension with Philly either. So maybe the Browns didn't want to risk trading a first rounder for a 1-year rental (and maybe one franchise year). And maybe it's more about Bradford thinking he can set the league on fire this year and explode with a $150m guaranteed contract in Philly, Cleveland, or somewhere else. Who really knows?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Anyway, I've yet to see where that writer got his info. He's not saying that he has an inside source or that he spoke to someone that wanted to remain anonymous or anything like that.

What I'm saying is that there is nothing that says with any certainty, that anyone working for the Browns leaked anything.

That was kind of my point. I used to get tired of reading what the Browns were doing but lately it seems info is harder to come by. I like the secrecy as I see no good coming from people outside the organization knowing your true thoughts. For al their true and alleged faults, that to me is a real strong point of this administration.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Punch I think you are right in that when we inquired about a trade and he didnt want to sign an extension that likely pulled our offer from the table. I think we did inquire with the Rams about his availability but reports from the Rams were that we had offered a 2nd. Which noone is gonna give up a 2nd without an extension.

I think the first round stuff was straight from Chip Kelly trying to defend his trade. We dont have a good relationship with chip to begin with so I have serious doubts we would have offered a first. Hell what was that story we offered 19 but wouldnt go up to 12. Hell if u think a guy is worth the 19 pick you think he is worth the 12th pick. This was Chip Kelly starting it and Lacanfora running with it.

Personally I just think Kelly got hosed and tried to prop up the feel for the trade through the media and their rumor factory.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F

That was kind of my point. I used to get tired of reading what the Browns were doing but lately it seems info is harder to come by. I like the secrecy as I see no good coming from people outside the organization knowing your true thoughts. For all their real and/or alleged faults, that to me is a real strong point of this administration.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like the secrecy ... that to me is a real strong point of this administration.

I wouldn't call it "secrecy" so much as ensuring that confidential information is kept in-house. For those who are keeping score ( rofl), that is the second dysfunctional hat hook knocked down this morning... thumbsup

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Maybe it's best we couldn't make the trade. Iv'e said it before SB is talented no doubt but his injury history is troubling. If he comes here I'm afraid it will be more of the same. JMO

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Sometimes things are so obvious it doesn't need to be said. Players don't do those things, nor do coaches its the unspoken contractual agreement between players, coaches and the NFL. A player won't say hey they are unstable for many reasons mainly at some point they may one day need to cross that bridge again and players just don't say bad things about organizations in general. That however doesn't mean privately they hold that organization to a low opinion.

It's not some huge leap of faith to look at this organization and realize they are not a well respected organization.

1- Haslam fires the entire staff and installs his people.

2 1 year later he fires them ALL, and starts over but just as importantly he said he was going to bring continuity to the franchise. From there its tough as hell to even get a HC to come here. The word is out and in PRIVATE, Chud and company have damaged Haslam to the point of having trouble landing coaches.

3 Haslam pulls rank on his GM and orders Farmer to move up in the draft and take JF.

4 Haslam via Farmer instigates textgate. Sure Farmer took the fall but all but the most naive among us knows to a reasonable certainty that Haslam was the trigger man. Oh sure we can fain ignorance in some misguided attempt to defend their actions but we know don't we?

5 they say that the reason for firing Chud was player accountability then the following season we watch as player after player thumbs their noses at accountability. In the end I think they actually realized the error of their ways in that regard because come week 16 they handed out suspensions left and right. But what about the other 15 weeks of the season when this was going on.

Can you say with evidence that Haslam was the ring leader, yah based on the preponderance of the evidence he is the culprit and he is the reason why players are leaving they want to keep, and he is the reason we can't get top flight players and coaches to come here. You can add Bradford to the list. If your waiting for a player to come out and say it you'll never hear it but their actions and in this case Skrine, Jordan, and Bradford all passed up the opportunity to come to Cleveland and we all know why.

The only real question is can we admit the obvious to ourselves?

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Whether it's Bradford or any other player in the league, I can't imagine that Cleveland would not be last on their list of places to play. Oakland, as a close second, at least has nice weather.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
Legend
Legend
I love it, you repeat all the same negative things and omit the positives..

To name a few:

Picking up two good RB's

Picking up a Oline guy that may turn out to be a stud

Winning 7 games for the first time since what, 2007?

It's really easy to name the bad (or supposed bad) things, but it seems that when an agenda is involved, the Good just slips by.

If they have more turmoil next year and win 10 games, I'm going to laugh at those that only talk about the negatives.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
I think I can now say with certainty that The Other Team in the chase for Sam Bradford—as many have inferred—was Cleveland.

Where is his proof? I mean he can now "SAY" with certainty that the other team was the Browns. Great. In what way was he able to confirm this.

St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher said Wednesday that no players were involved when the Cleveland Browns made their pitch to acquire quarterback Sam Bradford.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_...-johnny-manziel

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I love it, you repeat all the same negative things and omit the positives..

To name a few:

Picking up two good RB's

Picking up a Oline guy that may turn out to be a stud

Winning 7 games for the first time since what, 2007?

It's really easy to name the bad (or supposed bad) things, but it seems that when an agenda is involved, the Good just slips by.

If they have more turmoil next year and win 10 games, I'm going to laugh at those that only talk about the negatives.

Winning cures any and all ales' when it comes to sports, and especially when it comes to Cleveland.

You make a good point though, we took a step in the right direction in 2014. We won 7 games, while losing 4 games by 4-points or less (which shows competitiveness). Mike Pettine while making some mistakes appears to be THE GUY whose going to stabilize the head coaching spot, and Ray Farmer found us five very solid free agents (Whitner, Dray, Austin, Dansby and Hawkins) and drafted/signed six VERY GOOD rookies (Bitonio, West, Kirksey, Crowell, K'Williams, Gabriel) and that number could bump up to as many as ten rookies if Manziel, Desir, Gilbert and Shaw stick with the team and pan out. Finding six good rookies in your very first draft is impressive even if the guy missed in the 1st round.

Other than Haslam making Ray Farmer take the fall for the texting thing, and Johnny Manziel being an absolute bone head, things in Cleveland are slowly starting to look up.

As soon as we stabilize our QB position the wins will keep coming.

Keeping Pettine/Farmer was the first step in building a stable culture and I think will pay off big time in the next few years.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
Quote:

Sometimes things are so obvious it doesn't need to be said. Players don't do those things, nor do coaches its the unspoken contractual agreement between players, coaches and the NFL. A player won't say hey they are unstable for many reasons mainly at some point they may one day need to cross that bridge again and players just don't say bad things about organizations in general. That however doesn't mean privately they hold that organization to a low opinion.

It's not some huge leap of faith to look at this organization and realize they are not a well respected organization.

1- Haslam fires the entire staff and installs his people.

2 1 year later he fires them ALL, and starts over but just as importantly he said he was going to bring continuity to the franchise. From there its tough as hell to even get a HC to come here. The word is out and in PRIVATE, Chud and company have damaged Haslam to the point of having trouble landing coaches.

3 Haslam pulls rank on his GM and orders Farmer to move up in the draft and take JF.

4 Haslam via Farmer instigates textgate. Sure Farmer took the fall but all but the most naive among us knows to a reasonable certainty that Haslam was the trigger man. Oh sure we can fain ignorance in some misguided attempt to defend their actions but we know don't we?

5 they say that the reason for firing Chud was player accountability then the following season we watch as player after player thumbs their noses at accountability. In the end I think they actually realized the error of their ways in that regard because come week 16 they handed out suspensions left and right. But what about the other 15 weeks of the season when this was going on.

Can you say with evidence that Haslam was the ring leader, yah based on the preponderance of the evidence he is the culprit and he is the reason why players are leaving they want to keep, and he is the reason we can't get top flight players and coaches to come here. You can add Bradford to the list. If your waiting for a player to come out and say it you'll never hear it but their actions and in this case Skrine, Jordan, and Bradford all passed up the opportunity to come to Cleveland and we all know why.

The only real question is can we admit the obvious to ourselves?

1) New owner new people... I see nothing unusual about that

2)Agree this problematic... but if one can look at the positive side ( I know, I know, not allowed) to me this was more admitting the first hire was wrong and needed upgraded... Pet over Chud - I will take it... you can keep Chud if you like.

3)So that is a given even tough Farmer said that did not occur as will as Pet and Haslam... I get it... they are all liars and only the select know the real truth... I am not in the inner loop.. so I assume you are.... Ok this has shown to be a bad pick so far.

4)Again all parties say it was farmer.. you say it was Haslam... I have seen no proof either way you can connect the dots as you wish...

5)Agree completely on this... Pet did not administer as I would have liked on Gilbert and JM.. he did with others.. West was benched, Crowe was benched... I will give Pet credit for not force feeding Gilbert onto the field as it was obvious he was not ready... but yeah the two problem children were not punished enough IMO

Yu are correct there was no spoken word on our dysfunction by Bradford... so as I stated while that may have been the reason there are other reasons why a player chooses to leave, stay go or not go to a team....you can say dysfunction is the sole reason here... I will stay with my feelings that it could be that but it could be other reasons as well... without proof you can again connect the dots that best fit your argument.

Some can see with crystal clarity and all in black or white... I tend to see greys and in the absence of substantiated proof will connect my dots into a big question mark.

#gmstrong

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Where are you guys getting "the Browns are keeping things in house" thing from? Seems to me that there is all kinds of stories going around about the inner workings of the Browns.

E
Legend
Legend
E
There is just one thing we are forgetting.

It never got to the point of Sam Bradford turning down our request for an extension or not. We were not in the deal cause the RAMS wanted a QB in return with a pick. The Rams not Bradford nixed our participation cause all we had to offer was #19 they wanted a QB...
jmhrecollection

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Quote:

St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher said Wednesday that no players were involved when the Cleveland Browns made their pitch to acquire quarterback Sam Bradford.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_...-johnny-manziel

yeah that would be any easy call by the Rams ...IMO...why would they want to end up in our pickle? two first round picks and no direct shot at a QB ... not a hard ground to negotiate.

#gmstrong

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
tex, where are you getting this "not allowed to be positive" crap from? The positive posters continually make fun of anyone who has any doubts about some of the Brown's moves.

It's the positive posters who are trying to control what is said on here. Oh, and those same positive posters wanted Banner fired last year. They kept calling the FO The Three Stooges. They griped about everything and nothing.

Now, all of a sudden........they are positive and belittle anyone who doesn't think every move the Browns make is golden. The hypocrisy is beyond old. thumbsdown

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: eotab

It never got to the point of Sam Bradford turning down our request for an extension or not. We were not in the deal cause the RAMS wanted a QB in return with a pick. The Rams not Bradford nixed our participation cause all we had to offer was #19 they wanted a QB...
jmhrecollection

Yeah, I recall reading that Jeff Fisher required a QB to make the deal work. Something we couldn't provide.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: eotab

jmhrecollection

Yeah, I recall reading that Jeff Fisher required a QB to make the deal work. Something we couldn't provide.

Connor Shaw? Duh.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Bradford Would Not Sign Extension w/Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard