Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
So, a bunch of writer's that aren't even writers (Chat Sports & DawgsByNature???) are speculating that this could happen.

Great ... it's a "breaking story" smirk

The title does not identify it as a "breaking story"... the title identifies it as a "rumor". Evidently the alleged source is an agent to one of the players involved...

We shall see.

actually it's not an agent it is someone close to an agent.

Quote:
Ferguson's information comes from a source "very close to an agent involved in the trade talks."
smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
So, someone overheard the agent's 3rd cousin talking about something.

Why on Earth would anyone trade for Manziel at this point?
Why on Earth would anyone in Berea consider trading for a player that reportedly refused to sign an extension with us... do they REALLY think that he'd want to play well for us now?
Why on Earth would anyone trade for Bradford, period, unless they have also invested heavily in Bubble Wrap stocks?

I mean, ObamaCare passed, so in the long run we'd be covered if we acquired Bradford, but that won't help things on the field all that much.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
Sorry Dub I seen no Byner in JF.

Big difference here Byner gave his all, JF gave NOTHING.

I was not comparing the two people. I was comparing the two issues of how Byner felt, and JF must feel, over letting down the organization and fans.

The rest is irrelevant to the point I was making.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
Why on Earth would anyone trade for Manziel at this point?

for Johnny to be successful you would have to basically run a college offense. It wouldn't shock me to see someone like Kelly try that.

i dont think it will happen for anything less than the #19 pick,

Quote:
Why on Earth would anyone in Berea consider trading for a player that reportedly refused to sign an extension with us... do they REALLY think that he'd want to play well for us now?

farmer lost the locker room. he has to do something to prove to the players that things are going to improve. if its a one year rental on a QB that he will have to also prove that this is the place to be.... well whats one more player.

Quote:
I mean, ObamaCare passed, so in the long run we'd be covered if we acquired Bradford, but that won't help things on the field all that much.

well its pretty clear farmer is not scared to take risks. right?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
B
Legend
Legend
B
It isn't about risks with Farmer. Who is going to risk going with manziel?

If any of this Bradford noise is true, Manziel doesn't need to be a part of the mix. The Eagles want picks.

I say screw Sam Bradford, keep our picks and give Manziel one more look. If we really want Sam Bradford, wait until next year when he is a free agent and make the best offer.....it won't have to go all that high.

It seems crazy so many people just want to toss Manziel away after 1 season.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

slow guy that can not escape sacks that is a drug addict. i wonder why?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Quote:

All he's brought is shame, disappointment and negative attention to this organization. I'm not advocating him getting axed, but I would say I would not lose a bit of sleep if he did. If he got traded, I'd sleep better. If he stays on the teams and becomes the great QB and dedicates himself, I'll eat some crow - but i'll still sleep good laugh

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Quote:

All he's brought is shame, disappointment and negative attention to this organization. I'm not advocating him getting axed, but I would say I would not lose a bit of sleep if he did. If he got traded, I'd sleep better. If he stays on the teams and becomes the great QB and dedicates himself, I'll eat some crow - but i'll still sleep good laugh

for how long? will be like gordon. great for one year but just a bust overall.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
So, a bunch of writer's that aren't even writers (Chat Sports & DawgsByNature???) are speculating that this could happen.

Great ... it's a "breaking story" smirk

Best post award. Your other one about why would the Eagles want... and why would the Browns want...combined w/this one sums everything up very well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would give Philly number 19 and throw in Manziel for Bradford and a Philly draft pick. That is "if" Bradford will sign a new lower extension with us.
As brittle as Bradford is, I would still be pumped about our QB situation. I think our OL could protect him.
Call me crazy. I'm used to it.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
I would give Philly number 19 and throw in Manziel for Bradford and a Philly draft pick. That is "if" Bradford will sign a new lower extension with us.
As brittle as Bradford is, I would still be pumped about our QB situation. I think our OL could protect him.
Call me crazy. I'm used to it.

If Bradford could stay healthy, it would be worth it.

...But with our luck...

E
Legend
Legend
E
I must say it does intrigue me...I'd be scared the whole time - as in please don't get hurt. The other part of me wants to keep Manziel and see him through his development.

Of course he would have to Sign him long term - and of course he would have to pass a physical.

Pat Kirwan made some prediction I heard on NFL Network...but can't see it in print for a link maybe Sirius Radio. He stated a trade for our First round pick for Bradford on draft day and we would get Bradford and their 2nd rounder. Is this all creative imagination off of the same rumor that for all we know is from the guy who in the poop stall next to an agent who mentioned something on his cell phone while doing his business. Well what do we have 3 weeks...and we'll find out for sure.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If this comes down to a draft day thing Tab and its contingent on getting Bradford signed to a long term deal, it just won't happen IMO.

I have mentally moved on from Bradford, and am now totally on board with starting JF and seeing if he can turn it around ( I view him turning it around unlikely at best), then I trade out of both 1st round picks this year for picks in next years draft. I want to see how some of the young talent progresses (Gilbert and JF) then set my draft to go after everything we need next year.

If JF progresses then we use the picks to surround him with more weapons and to bolster the defense. If he falters which is what I expect then we are at the top of next years draft with our pick and we have 2 more 1sts to walk away with some great new talent including our franchise QB. In this way JF either becomes the guy or he helps us get our guy.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Rumors rarely do happen...I would be happy but more fearful if we made the trade than not...fearful cause Bradford is soooo good but he could also be done with in his career? Meanwhile Manziel is only 22 and who knows what he will be... the horror if he becomes a pro-Bowler and another story we will commiserate on - We use to have Manziel and traded him!

Just scary.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: eotab
Rumors rarely do happen...I would be happy but more fearful if we made the trade than not...fearful cause Bradford is soooo good but he could also be done with in his career? Meanwhile Manziel is only 22 and who knows what he will be... the horror if he becomes a pro-Bowler and another story we will commiserate on - We use to have Manziel and traded him!

Just scary.

Bradford I concur I would always worry but when do you NOT worry about your starter going down? I hear ya that element gets kicked up a notch with Bradford to be sure. I like Bradford I love his potential and I think if you put him on this team we go from pretenders to contenders.

I know what I don't know but I would bet good money JF never is and never will be, but I would give him this season to find out if I'm wrong. That is IF he can manage to make the effort. That's the thing with him I don't know factually if his problem stems from lack of effort or if to a dead certainty he just sucks. Right now I say he sucks and I have no fear of letting him go. My view is, if the people that have heavily invested in him are willing to walk then he probably just sucks. But worry about him being great at this juncture based on what I did see and his baggage no way, Bradford is a the surer bet IMO.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I'm not following:

Why would the Eagles trade for Bradford and then trade him away before he ever plays a game for them?

I am not being sarcastic like I usually am. I just don't get that logic.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Eagles' team-owned stores not carrying Sam Bradford

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...-170733818.html

If you believe that the Philadelphia Eagles are planning on flipping quarterback Sam Bradford in Chip Kelly's plot to land Marcus Mariota, the Eagles are providing the conspiracy theorists some fuel.

NJ.com surveyed the three Eagles Pro Shops in the Philadelphia area. They had DeMarco Murray and Byron Maxwell jerseys, two of the three biggest acquisitions this offseason. But none of them had a jersey of Bradford, the quarterback the Eagles acquired from the St. Louis Rams in a trade. Bradford was acquired before Murray or Maxwell.

The Eagles stores, owned and operated by the team and located in Cherry Hill, Philadelphia and Lancaster, had zero No. 7 Bradford jerseys in stock and employees told NJ.com they didn't have information on any Bradford shipments coming in.

Maybe that means nothing, but it is a little bit interesting.

Kelly, since taking over the personnel reigns this offseason, has quickly grown a reputation as either an active mastermind or a compulsive shopper, depending on your thoughts on him. There have been rumors seemingly since Kelly left Oregon that he'd want to position himself to draft Mariota, the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback from the Ducks. No matter that Kelly said he wouldn't and painted himself into a corner by saying that paying a tremendous price to get Mariota would be bad for the franchise. Or that Kelly expressed how much he likes Bradford. People won't let go the idea that Mariota is coming to Philly and Bradford is just a trade chip in that process.

The Eagles not selling any Bradford jerseys doesn't exactly stop that line of thinking. Even online, as the NJ.com report points out, only one version of the Bradford jersey is available on the Eagles' site. It's a men's jersey. Murray's jersey is available in men's, women's and youth sizes. Hmm.

The Philadelphia Daily News had already pointed out that sporting goods stores in the Philadelphia area didn't want to stock up on the jerseys of any new Eagles, especially Bradford, because they're doubling down on the "compulsive shopper" reputation for Kelly.

It seems like the Eagles themselves aren't too sure what will happen either.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Alright, I still don't get it. Why would the Eagles trade for Bradford and then trade him for the rights to Mariotta? Why not just move up w/a team to get Mariotta and leave the Rams out of it?

Before anyone gets to cocky.......remember that they gave away a young and talented Foles to make the Bradford deal.

I had to look this up. Here is the deal:

Quote:
Rams get: QB Nick Foles, Eagles' 2015 NFL Draft 4th-round pick, Eagles' 2016 NFL Draft 2nd-round pick

Eagles get: QB Sam Bradford, Rams' 2015 NFL Draft 5th-round pick, conditional 2016 NFL Draft pick

The Rams won that trade. So again, why would the Eagles make a losing trade to get Bradford only to trade him away w/another team?

Doesn't make sense to me.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Alright, I still don't get it. Why would the Eagles trade for Bradford and then trade him for the rights to Mariotta? Why not just move up w/a team to get Mariotta and leave the Rams out of it?

Before anyone gets to cocky.......remember that they gave away a young and talented Foles to make the Bradford deal.

Quote:
Rams get: QB Nick Foles, Eagles' 2015 NFL Draft 4th-round pick, Eagles' 2016 NFL Draft 2nd-round pick

Eagles get: QB Sam Bradford, Rams' 2015 NFL Draft 5th-round pick, conditional 2016 NFL Draft pick

The Rams won that trade. So again, why would the Eagles make a losing trade to get Bradford only to trade him away w/another team?

well they know for a fact they can get a first round pick off the browns for him. so is foles, a second and a fourth worth the # 19th this year?

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Hmmmm...........good question.

A
Legend
Legend
A

Quote:

well they know for a fact they can get a first round pick off the browns for him. so is foles, a second and a fourth worth the # 19th this year?

Kinda what I was "guessing" at. They knew the Browns were interested in Bradford.......they may have had their sights set on Mariota.......they make a trade to get Bradford thinking/hoping they could deal him to the Browns for a first......sets them up much better to get Mariota.

That's all I can come up with.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yeah, that is interesting and it actually makes some sense. It's cool when we can actually converse and help each other learn.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It is the silly season of football.

Someone figured out that Chip Kelly recruited Manziel.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Yeah, that is interesting and it actually makes some sense. It's cool when we can actually converse and help each other learn.

maybe Tennessee wants bradford? maybe him and a third round pick might be enough to swap first round picks? i think kelly did a good job setting himself up for the draft by getting rid of a QB who he clearly does not think is the answer and at the real cost of a second NEXT year and a fourth this year.

he has a real chance of getting the QB he really wants. jmo

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I don't agree. I think the Rams got the best of that trade, but that is just my opinion.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I don't agree. I think the Rams got the best of that trade, but that is just my opinion.

not saying your wrong. just think kelly opened up alot of options on draft day for a QB he did not want and a second and fourth round pick. was kelly wrong throwing away foles is a discussion in its self. but setting himself up for the draft.....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
maybe haslam got even with Chip for leaving him at the altar. He told Chip hey trade for Bradford and we will give u both firsts. He makes the trade oo let me get back to you on that trade lol.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
maybe haslam got even with Chip for leaving him at the altar. He told Chip hey trade for Bradford and we will give u both firsts. He makes the trade oo let me get back to you on that trade lol.

That would be funny smile

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
Not my rumor Vers...actually I think you made the thread stating he turned down our offer before the Eagles trade. I thought it had nothing to do with that as the Rams kept saying it was because they wanted a viable QB in return.

As for Why the Eagles would make the trade. Well you have more than one source saying this. Forget me what do I know. I am not suggesting we do this. Actually if I made anything clear its I'm sort of afraid of it. I love Bradford healthy he is GREAT and can be THE GUY. Will he remain healthy most of the rest of his career?

I like the prospects of a Sound and stable Manziel - do we give up on that?

Maybe Manziel is somebody Kelly covets - a 22 year old QB with some skills he could convert to his system? I don't know - I don't see why he made the move for Bradford either cause of the same fears I would have him here...except intensified cause the OL of the Eagles well they Suck!

I am expounding on my thoughts of this rumor that is in a thread created for discussion regarding Bradford and a possible trade to the Browns.

I am not making trade rumors...they are out there. From 2 that normally don't make such Rumors without corroboration from actual sources. That is the only reason why I'm thinking - is it Possible?

Preparing myself mentally. We would get THE BEST QB we have had point blank. of course you don't get somebody like that this young without major RISKS.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree that Bradford had a poor OL. But that last ACL? He basically fell down without being touched and tore it. That one had nothing to do with the OL. That one was simply him being fragile.

So I certainly accept your point but wanted to add that. Bringing him here as your #1 QB is a scary proposition.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'm not following:

Why would the Eagles trade for Bradford and then trade him away before he ever plays a game for them?

I am not being sarcastic like I usually am. I just don't get that logic.

Because the end game is Mariotta. They got rid of Foles and will have acquired a 5th this year, a conditional pick next year, and a first rounder from the Browns this year, in addition to what they already own (which is the #20 and #52 picks in the first couple rounds).... that is the only reason to do what they are doing (if they trade Bradford)...

The only other options are highly implausible and that is that Chip thinks Barkley is the answer.. or that he has a later round QB that he thinks is the answer and is just amassing draft picks... or that he thinks Manziel is the answer..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I just don't see how anyone is valuing Bradford at a 1st rounder.. Let alone 2 1st and a player..

Philly just gave up Foles and a 2016 2nd rounder for him, and now he's worth multiple 1sts?

Seems crazy to me. And stinks of Chip Kelly trying to cover for his trade..

I would maybe give up a condition 2nd or 3rd for him.. If he comes in and leads us to glory within the next few years you can have all the picks you want..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chip got dipped on that trade lol

R
Legend
Legend
R
The thing that I don't understand is why Chip would supposedly want Mariotta and we wouldn't. Why would we give him the ammunition to get a QB that Farmer is reportedly high on while taking on a high injury risk QB in return?

Of everything, this is what makes the least sense.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
Legend
Us talking to St Louis about getting Bradford. Makes sense.

Them saying no, because they wanted a QB in return. Makes sense.

Pretty much everything after that. Doesn't make sense.

Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Doesn't make sense.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Doesn't make sense.

(In Elmer Fudd voice) that joke was tewwible, that is something a wookie would tell.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I agree that Bradford had a poor OL. But that last ACL? He basically fell down without being touched and tore it. That one had nothing to do with the OL. That one was simply him being fragile.

I know in the past I have said Bradford could be damaged goods due (mostly about his wins and losses and success) that his OL w/Rams sucked.

What I did say in recent posts above was state the Eagles OL Sucks...which my reference to that is We all Think Bradford is an injury RISK...imaging the EAGLES whose OL is much worse than ours. That was my point. I know he just went don't...possible cleat got caught? but nothing noticeable...definitely was not ready to go. He has over a month rehab more this time??? I would give him at least half the season.

But to answer Vers...I have no clue why the Eagles did what they did. He is so so good but his odd are great there than here to get injured. Risk is there.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
As soon as I typed out "Doesn't make sense" I had The Chewbacca Defense stuck in my head..

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I believe Chip did the trade because he feels that Bradford is more a chance someone would give up a 1st for than foles. I dont know, i am just speculating.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: eotab

I know in the past I have said Bradford could be damaged goods due (mostly about his wins and losses and success) that his OL w/Rams sucked.

What I did say in recent posts above was state the Eagles OL Sucks...which my reference to that is We all Think Bradford is an injury RISK...imaging the EAGLES whose OL is much worse than ours. That was my point. I know he just went don't...possible cleat got caught? but nothing noticeable...definitely was not ready to go. He has over a month rehab more this time??? I would give him at least half the season.

But to answer Vers...I have no clue why the Eagles did what they did. He is so so good but his odd are great there than here to get injured. Risk is there.

jmho

Take a look at Bradford's first ACL on the left knee, Oct. 20, 2013.

Bradford, Oct 20, 2013

That was not a hard hit...

I'm going to say it again, Bradford is brittle and nothing is going to change that.

His genetic makeup makes him highly susceptible to season ending injuries. Bradford's future in the NFL might be as a spot backup

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Bradford Would Not Sign Extension w/Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard