Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:

"Bradford's agent (Tom Condon) has told Cleveland he won't even listen on a contract extension,'' the person said. "He won't even listen, period. And I don't think Cleveland will make a deal without the extension."

I wonder if Damanshot and others are still thinking if my original post is BS? tongue

I wonder if 32 and other homers can still spin this in a positive way?

It won't make any sense, but I bet they'll try.

What the hell is the difference. Let's face it, the ONLY reason you posted it in the first place was to attempt to shine a bad light on the FO and Ownership. That's your agenda. NO way people around here can't see it. Feel free to deny it all you want.

Tell me this, did they say WHY he wouldn't sign an extension with us?

And did you read what you posted,, WHAT person said that Tom Condon said he wouldn't sign an extension with the Browns.

YES, until I hear why he wouldn't want to be here, and proof Condon said it in the first place, then it's BS

Ah, Daman! You just had to bite on that, eh? Vers was just fishin', you know, trying to keep the board lively...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
Legend
Legend
P

What the hell is the difference. Let's face it, the ONLY reason you posted it in the first place was to attempt to shine a bad light on the FO and Ownership. That's your agenda. NO way people around here can't see it. Feel free to deny it all you want.

And did you read what you posted,, WHAT person said that Tom Condon said he wouldn't sign an extension with the Browns.

YES, until I hear why he wouldn't want to be here, and proof Condon said it in the first place, then it's BS

As much as you may dislike it, Condon is his agent and plainly stated he would not sign an extension with the Browns.

As much as you may dislike it, this owner and FO with textgate looks very dysfunctional on the national stage. I know Vers gets on your nerves, but at least in this case, overall he's pretty accurate.

I won't debate the actuality of these perceptions but they are very real and they do exist.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
He sure signed that extension with Philly right away..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Quote:

"Bradford's agent (Tom Condon) has told Cleveland he won't even listen on a contract extension,'' the person said. "He won't even listen, period. And I don't think Cleveland will make a deal without the extension."

I wonder if Damanshot and others are still thinking if my original post is BS? tongue

I wonder if 32 and other homers can still spin this in a positive way?

It won't make any sense, but I bet they'll try.

Yip, Yip, Yip. You bark like that little dog you have. You're biting at my ankles and annoying the neighborhood w/your high pitched, irritating barking.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

As much as you may dislike it, Condon is his agent and plainly stated he would not sign an extension with the Browns.

As much as you may dislike it, this owner and FO with textgate looks very dysfunctional on the national stage. I know Vers gets on your nerves, but at least in this case, overall he's pretty accurate.

I won't debate the actuality of these perceptions but they are very real and they do exist.

I don't know Pit, he didn't want to sign here,, That's fine, But why is it a big deal. Do you want him here? Do/did you want to give up a 1st or a couple of 1sts to get Bradford here?

I didn't care but SOMEONE will take whatever pot shot at the Browns he can to further his own agenda.

If this was Tom Brady we were talking about, then that's something else. But it's Bradford, a guy that can't stay healthy.

Who Cares!

And yes, there is dysfunction in this organization. But look around, there are lots of teams that are dysfunctional. It's the nature of the beast to be a bit that way.

This isn't Walmart or Kmart or Home Depot.. the product isn't something that's made in a factory. It's human beings being human. Mistake will happen..

To constantly harp on them with meaningless stuff like a QB that may never make it in the NFL not wanting to sign with us makes little sense unless he's trying to push an agenda.

It gets old very fast. I've listened to it now for 4 months and frankly, I could not keep quiet about it any longer.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Mistake will happen..

Until that changes, the Browns image will not change.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I would think it has more to do with a chance at winning then anything else with regards to him signing IMO.

He has played for a poor team his entire career why would he want to sign an extension with a team that is constantly loosing?

Winning cures everything. Winning cures text-gate. Winning cures FA wanting to come here. Winning cures all the "perceived" dysfunctions with the ownership and FO. Winning ladies and gentlemen, WINNING. Do you think PAT fans care about the Deflate-gate? Heck, get me to a superbowl with a chance to win, ill put NERF balls ont he field if its gonna give us a title.

Last edited by 1day; 04/16/15 08:44 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P

I don't know Pit, he didn't want to sign here,, That's fine, But why is it a big deal. Do you want him here? Do/did you want to give up a 1st or a couple of 1sts to get Bradford here?

No I certainly didn't. I believe his history has shown him to be a glass man and I believe history should be a guideline in his case.

Quote:
I didn't care but SOMEONE will take whatever pot shot at the Browns he can to further his own agenda.

If this was Tom Brady we were talking about, then that's something else. But it's Bradford, a guy that can't stay healthy.

Who Cares!

And yes, there is dysfunction in this organization. But look around, there are lots of teams that are dysfunctional. It's the nature of the beast to be a bit that way.

But as Browns fans, do most really care about the dysfunction elsewhere?

There has been a pattern of dysfunction for a long time. Some people are simply frustrated with it and I really don't understand what's so hard to understand about that.

What this shows, is no matter our own opinion of Bradford, it appears he was a QB this FO made an attempt to land who refused to sign an extension with the Browns. He made a statement through his agent that ended any hope of our FO landing a guy they wanted. Let's hope that's an isolated incident and not a bigger problem.

Quote:
This isn't Walmart or Kmart or Home Depot.. the product isn't something that's made in a factory. It's human beings being human. Mistake will happen..

It also isn't diesel fuel that is a product equal in every way to your competitor where the best marketing guy has an edge. But I have stated that from the very beginning and took grief for it.

Quote:
To constantly harp on them with meaningless stuff like a QB that may never make it in the NFL not wanting to sign with us makes little sense unless he's trying to push an agenda.

It gets old very fast. I've listened to it now for 4 months and frankly, I could not keep quiet about it any longer.

And that's fine. But once again, Bradford was someone that this FO was trying to land via trade. He was a target of this team no matter our opinion of him. And an experienced NFL QB that our team had targeted made it clear he wasn't coming here by refusing to even consider signing an extension here.

Now in the case of Bradford I don't care because I didn't want him. But it does make me wonder if this is a single issue with a single player, or a much bigger issue moving forward. I believe it's realistic to wonder about that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
serious questions.
Won't consider signing here and Condon said they wouldn't even look at our offer.
1. Does that sound personal to you? In business even if you have no concern you look anyway it might give you an edge to other avenues.

2. How come we heard reports that we were far apart in negotiations as in we were offering around 6 mil per year and they wanted twice as much? Are we only to believe Some of the rumors.

Not a question but an observation. I see most of this INTERPRETATION of the goings on as Dysfunctional or whatever is simply due to the accumulation of sad sack years we have had.

We win and all this goes away.
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted By: eotab
serious questions.
Won't consider signing here and Condon said they wouldn't even look at our offer.
1. Does that sound personal to you? In business even if you have no concern you look anyway it might give you an edge to other avenues.

2. How come we heard reports that we were far apart in negotiations as in we were offering around 6 mil per year and they wanted twice as much? Are we only to believe Some of the rumors.

Not a question but an observation. I see most of this INTERPRETATION of the goings on as Dysfunctional or whatever is simply due to the accumulation of sad sack years we have had.

jmho

You come up with these questions because you aren't one of the sheep being led around by the ear...

For one resounding point I need to clarify..

It was NOT Condon who stated their client wouldn't consider the Browns...

It was a "source" from a reporter who then stated it as fact..

There were other reports not long ago that said his camp wouldn't look at any offers, because they didn't feel Bradford was in the best position to negotiate after back to back surgeries and felt better about playing out the season to enter free agency after a healthy productive season behind him.

THOSE reports were discarded and replaced by the "shunning to the Browns"

I am so sick of the woe is me fans. Pick your head up and move on. We have a draft 14 days from now that will hopefully produce pieces to improve this team from a 7-9 squad a year ago. The most important piece imho is this coaching staff staying together more than 1-2 years. Shanahan aside, I think Pettine is more comfortable with DeFillipo and I believe it will remove the negative aura Shanahan brought with him into the building.

Build this defense and let's run the ball down opponents throats...

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
1. Does that sound personal to you?

EO...IMO, it sounds like an agent who is growing tired of the Browns inquiries.

That's ok, because we want a front office that is persistent.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
2. How come we heard reports that we were far apart in negotiations as in we were offering around 6 mil per year and they wanted twice as much?

never read or heard that except from you lol. sure your not talking about our TE that went to the fish?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: IrishDawg42
You come up with these questions because you aren't one of the sheep being led around by the ear...

You mean like the sheep who promote anything the FO does without question? You see, using the sheep analogy is a double edged sword that means nothing really.

Quote:

There were other reports not long ago that said his camp wouldn't look at any offers, because they didn't feel Bradford was in the best position to negotiate after back to back surgeries and felt better about playing out the season to enter free agency after a healthy productive season behind him.

No they are two different reports made at two different times by two different sources.

Quote:
I am so sick of the woe is me fans. Pick your head up and move on.

And some are tired of the apologists who make excuses for every mistake made and act like people have no cause for concern. Once again your catch phrases ring pretty empty.

Quote:
We have a draft 14 days from now that will hopefully produce pieces to improve this team from a 7-9 squad a year ago. The most important piece imho is this coaching staff staying together more than 1-2 years. Shanahan aside, I think Pettine is more comfortable with DeFillipo and I believe it will remove the negative aura Shanahan brought with him into the building.

Do you mean like the last 15 drafts since 1999? Ran by the same crew that got us Johnny "Money" Manziel and Justin Gilbert in round 1 last year. You mean as long as "part of the coaching staff stays together"? I mean minus the three top figures on the O side of the ball and the QB who got us to that 7=9 record last year?

Quote:

Isn't that really the only hope we have left at this juncture?

You may be sick of it, but some decide to look at what this FO has done, what they haven't done and discuss it. Not everyone is so rah rah they make excuses for everything that happens. And for the most part, I doubt that many really give a damn that you're sick of hearing it.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
serious questions.

I think that's pretty obvious actually. A number was thrown out by the Browns and Condon saw the offer. Refused the offer and at that point said they wouldn't negotiate with them. I don't see them as exclusive of each other. I never heard the "negotiations" part. Simply that the Browns threw out a number and the reply is we won't negotiate with you.

Quote:

jmho

I do believe that when you are losing that it does magnify other things. I believe the huge turnover in coaches and FO's looks very dysfunctional and is quite sound logic since you can never achieve success without continuity. I believe the huge turnover at the QB position also appears as dysfunction since everyone knows you won't achieve success without an established QB.

So yes, I believe winning would cure a lot of that. But along with winning, you will need to have continuity in the FO, at the coaching positions and an established QB which is part of what looks so dysfunctional now.

So to secure the winning aspect, the other parts will have to be sorted out too. Thus the dysfunction label is greatly dimished.

jmho

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
But as Browns fans, do most really care about the dysfunction elsewhere?

Of course we don't. But when you start laying your frustration (not you necessarily) out on the current regime because of the sins of prior regimes, it gets flat out silly.

Quote:
There has been a pattern of dysfunction for a long time. Some people are simply frustrated with it and I really don't understand what's so hard to understand about that.

See what I mean. A pattern of dysfunction for this regime spans only 2 years and I think it's safe to say that after only 2 years, you gotta expect some learning curve. But because the organization has been pretty dysfunctional since 1999, all the frustration gets rolled up into the Here and Now.

Frankly I find that just wrong.

Quote:
What this shows, is no matter our own opinion of Bradford, it appears he was a QB this FO made an attempt to land who refused to sign an extension with the Browns. He made a statement through his agent that ended any hope of our FO landing a guy they wanted. Let's hope that's an isolated incident and not a bigger problem.

I think it's incorrect to say that this came from his agent. I believe the quote was (and I'd have to go back and check) that a source SAID that Condon SAID that Bradford SAID that he didn't want to sign with us. It's funny how that's been distorted thus causing a different meaning.

Anytime I see source, I get a little skeptical. When it's source that said that someone else said that someone else said it, I'm down right not gonna believe it until something else happens that lends cred.

They did indeed target him. Fisher said it as well. so I believe without a doubt that they had a target on him. That saddens me because I think Bradford would be a waste of money and time.

I wouldn't have liked that move at all.

But I would have kept an open mind and here's why. The last time the Browns had a chance to get a QB with pretty darn good skills who was coming off an injury was Drew Brees. There was talk back then that we were trying to lure him to Cleveland. I was madder than hell over that because of the type of injury he had and I felt it was too damn big a risk.

Man was I ever wrong wrong wrong. I wasn't alone but it doesn't matter how many felt that way, we were all WRONG.

I think without a doubt, we all know that a Healthy Bradford could be just what we have needed here for a long long time. But a Broken Bradford isn't worth diddly.

So yeah, I was and remain pretty disappointed in this FO for even considering giving up a 1st round pick for him. But I'm not the least bit disappointed in this front office because of the Tim Couch Pick in 1999 or the Brandon Weeden pick a few years ago.

JMO, but I'm sticking to it.

Bradford not wanting to sign with us is NO BIG DEAL because it's Bradford.

This FO going after Bradford was, IMO, stupid.

Last edited by Damanshot; 04/16/15 04:29 PM.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
I really don't have an issue with us seeing things a little differently. The only time I really have an issue with people having a different view than mine is when someone acts as if their view is the only logical one to be had and they label anyone who has a different view than their own.

Sort of like when people "label" some posters as "haters, piling on, etc...", I'll return the favor by labeling them "apologists and making rationalizations".

I certainly have no animosity with or for people who have different views than myself though.

I would have stuck with my guns and considered paying big for Bradford as a bad move, and then hoped I was wrong about it. No matter what the FO would have done, it wouldn't have changed my view of paying that much to acquire Bradford.

We really aren't any different in our view of Bradford, just on how we would have reacted about it.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: mac
Quote:
1. Does that sound personal to you?

EO...IMO, it sounds like an agent who is growing tired of the Browns inquiries.

That's ok, because we want a front office that is persistent.

Well that is rather odd. What Agent in their right mind would grow tired of Inquiries??? Sorry Mac He's and agent for crying out loud. Never heard of one that is not willing to view an offer...he can always use it as leverage for other teams negotiations...you know like its happened to us many times before.

Now there are other possibilities - the poster before mentioned that was a twist of facts that put us in a bad light.

But also what makes sense is that Bradford and Condon do not wish to make ANY LONG TERM CONTRACT right now cause of the last 2 seasons. He wishes to play his one year out...he stays healthy...he is in the Eagle offense (I will be shocked if he stays healthy in that offense) he will put up a ton of numbers. He will have a gold mine next season.

We will not trade for him without a Long term contract.

I don't see us chasing him...we made a possible offer but only if it came with a long term contract. Bradford is unwilling to make any long term contract with anyone. Haven't heard about any extensions with the Eagles?

But for some reason we have to be portrayed as bumbling.

We inquired and we have moved on.

The only thing that bothers me we have looked/worked out every QB but the one guy I think is worth spit...I don't like being wrong!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: IrishDawg42
serious questions.

jmho

I am so sick of the woe is me fans. Pick your head up and move on. We have a draft 14 days from now that will hopefully produce pieces to improve this team from a 7-9 squad a year ago. The most important piece imho is this coaching staff staying together more than 1-2 years. Shanahan aside, I think Pettine is more comfortable with DeFillipo and I believe it will remove the negative aura Shanahan brought with him into the building.

I absolutely despise posts such as this one.

Sheep? There are far more people defending the FO than those of us who are questioning it.

You are a sheep. You just buy anything the Browns say and follow along. "Baaaa.........Baaaaa.........Baaaa."

The Browns have been in the news for all the wrong reasons and you admonish those of us who are questioning them? Seriously? I think we have been kind.

Meanwhile, sheep like you and Daman keep saying "baaaaaa, baaaaaaa, baaaaaa...."

Legend
Legend
Why does anyone have to be a sheep? On either side?

Man, can't people just choose to believe or questions things without being "mindless followers or doubters"? crazy banghead

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
The innate human nature of tribalism says no.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
The innate human nature of tribalism says no.

Then down with innate human nature of tribalism LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't remember Irish Dawg posting on the subject before? Or maybe I didn't notice.

I was curious of the facts he presented...it actually dispelled the anti-Brown theory I had on Condon.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Why didn't you say that to the guy who said it FIRST?

Do you REALLY not get my intent? Seriously?

When someone says something that ignorant, I turn it around a present an equally ignorant argument to show how absurd it is.

I am not saying anyone is a sheep. Irish did. Yet, you choose to pick on me.

Perception > Reality.

Legend
Legend
Why didn't you say that to the guy who said it FIRST?

Do you REALLY not get my intent? Seriously?

When someone says something that ignorant, I turn it around a present an equally ignorant argument to show how absurd it is.

I am not saying anyone is a sheep. Irish did. Yet, you choose to pick on me.

Perception > Reality.

I "picked you", because your post happened to be the last one before I replied, and I didn't feel like digging through crap to find the 1st one. I simply did not have the energy, nor the patience to do so. If a different poster had made a comment of the same type, after yours, I would have replied to them instead.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Report: Sam Bradford believes the #Eagles might trade him.

Even Sam Bradford seems to think the Eagles have a chance at Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota.

With trade rumors flying as the 2015 NFL Draft inches closer, a report from Jason Cole of Bleacher Report states that Bradford believes there is a chance he could be moved during the draft.

Bradford doesn't know where he's going to be. Yes, he believes the Eagles are going to keep him at this point in time, trust them, but only so far because the [2015 NFL Draft] has not played out. So he believes there is still a possibility that he could be traded somewhere else. And if that's the case, he wants to wait to see whether that's a team he ultimately wants to stay with long-term.

Bradford's lack of certainty about his future is apparently why he has yet to sign an extension with the team — that and the Eagles aren't knocking down his door to do so.

Per Cole:

In talking to sources around the league and close to Bradford, basically what's happened is Bradford is not willing to accept a substandard deal based on the injuries that he's suffered the past two years and have kept him off the field.

So what does this all mean?

Bradford thinking he might get traded, and the fact that he hasn't signed an extension with the team, only adds more fuel to the fire that the Eagles do infact intend on trading him.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/04/2015_nfl_draft_rumors_sam_bradford_thinks_the_eagl.html

To be fair, this is Jason Cole, the master of double-talk.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I may be in the minority, but I hope we trade number 19 to the Eagles for Bradford.

Legend
Legend
So what exactly is Bradford basing his salary expectations on?

The dude got 50 million guaranteed... And has only finished two seasons.. Was apparently considering retirement.. But thinks he's gods gift to QBs...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With 2 bad ACL's he would be better than any QB that has been on this joke of a roster since the REAL Browns in 1995.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
With 2 bad ACL's he would be better than any QB that has been on this joke of a roster since the REAL Browns in 1995.

I don't understand when people make this comment. Yes, he's better than what we have. But he's more of a health risk than heck, all of our qbs combined. Are we really in a better situation then?

Leave Bradford alone, see what/if you can get JF going, if not you baby the season out with Josh until the draft. Maybe you add another project Qb via the later rounds of the draft.

IMO, that gives us the best route to take with the least amount of risk.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I may be in the minority, but I hope we trade number 19 to the Eagles for Bradford.

Report: Rumor Of Three-Team Trade For Eagles To Attain Marcus Mariota

Mark Eckel of NJ.com passed along a rumor that a three-way trade could be in the works between the Eagles, Browns, and Titans, which would allow the Eagles to move up to the No. 2 overall pick to attain Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.

Eckel notes that rumor is swirling within NFL personnel meetings that the initial trade would send the Browns’ No. 19 overall pick to the Eagles in exchange for QB Sam Bradford. The Eagles would then send DT Fletcher Cox, LB Mychal Kendricks, and the No. 19 and No. 20 draft picks to the Titans for the No. 2 slot in the draft.

Another scenario being discussed by NFL executives is the Eagles sending Bradford, Cox, Kendricks, their No. 20 pick, and possibly another pick to the Titans for the No. 2 spot.

Eckel goes on to mention how Titans HC Ken Whisenhunt is said to be “high” on Bradford, so there could be genuine interest in acquiring him to run Tennessee’s offense.

Cox and Kendricks are both entering the final year of their contract, so it isn’t outlandish to believe the Eagles could be open to trading them, especially when it is in regards to the formerly Chip Kelly coached Mariota.

Philadelphia has until May 3 to enact Cox’s fifth-year option that would pay him $8 million, while Kendricks has yet to attend the team’s voluntary workout program.

We will provide more information regarding this rumor as it becomes available.

http://nfltraderumors.co/report-rumor-of-three-team-trade-for-eagles-to-attain-marcus-mariota/

Take it for what it's worth.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
The Top 5 Things I'd Rather Do Than Trade For Bradford With The 19th Overall Pick

5. Give it back to Buffalo
4. Trade it for Trent Richardson
3. Trade back to #22 and draft another Baseball Player
2. Trade it to Arizona for the rights to Kurt Warner (even if they don't own them)

And the Number 1 Thing I'd rather do with the 19th Overall Pick instead of Trade for Sam Bradford...

Give it to The Denver Nuggets to complete the deal for Timofey Mosgov (just to hear leadtheway's reaction)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks for the article Memphis. Something is definitely cooking at number 2.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Something is definitely cooking at number 2.

I don't doubt it. Whether it's us or someone else, I think something could very easily go down.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Thanks for the article Memphis. Something is definitely cooking at number 2.

i think Mariota will be gone. he will be #1 off the board. wonder if we will take the rapist when he falls to #12?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:
Something is definitely cooking at number 2.

I don't doubt it. Whether it's us or someone else, I think something could very easily go down.

It's hilarious that the Titans just don't take Mariota themselves. Ruston Webster and Ken Whisenhunt are in job preservation mode (even though both will probably be fired anyway). Rolling with Mettenberger and sucking probably buys them one more year.

Whisenhunt only knows one way and Mariota does not fit in that way.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Unless they get Rivers through some sort of trade with San Diego.

C
Legend
Legend
C
From my perspective, I wouldn't do that trade if I was the Titans or us. It only makes sense for the Eagles, and they are still gutting their defense.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Any scenario where we're only giving up the #19 overall pick for Bradford I am 100% for.

We get a starting QB that's 5x better than McCown or Manziel, and we'll still have 9 draft picks to work with.

The difference between Cleveland and St. Louis is that we'll be able to provide Bradford with an offensive line, a running game and a veteran group of receivers. He literally had NONE of that in St. Louis a majority of the time.

If we have a successful season, and then throw $25 to $30 million in guaranteed money in his face, he might change his mind and sign here. You never know...

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Legend
Legend
Quote:
If we have a successful season, and then throw $25 to $30 million in guaranteed money in his face, he might change his mind and sign here. You never know...

If he comes here and finishes the season, that would something new for him... and us. He might stay for that reason alone. The guy has started 34 games in the last 4 years.

Heck if he comes here and plays well and stays healthy, Joe Thomas might write him a personal check to stay.

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
Legend
D
Not that I'm advocating to do the deed to get Bradford, but if Mack were to stay - he'd likely not be traded (or signed by a QB needy team) to anywhere with such protection and run-game ability as he'd be given here over the next years to come. Plus, and let's be real, if he were to come and first and foremost, stay healthy and etc - and perform for us, this city would put him in the realm of a God. I would think it'd be difficult to want to pass unless the cold makes his multiple-time-repaired knee hurt.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Bradford Would Not Sign Extension w/Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard