Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
E
Legend
Legend
E
There is a reason why its called a Rumor and the site is even called RUMOR.

Yeah I understand the adage where there is smoke there is fire...but what I would like to know is all this wheeling and dealing - just who is blabbing this and why to a Web site named rumors and not the Al Schefters and Rapaports of the industry. Guys who are digging around.

Me I loved Bradford but I don't like the timing and I don't want him if he doesn't want us. He was thinking of retiring we and some others can make a move for him and he retires rather than play.

I would LOVE LOVE to have Rivers on our team....we would be instant contenders. And they guy is tough as nails!
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c

Can people quit talking about Bradford? Please?

His career stats suck. His ability to stay health sucks.

For his career, he's completed 58.6% of his passes.
He's at 6.3 yards per attempt, and 10.7 yards per completion.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

He's not worth a 4th round pick let alone a first round.

If he was/is so great, why are the eagles attempting to trade him?

Let's please stop with the Bradford stuff. Dude not only isn't all that - he ain't half that.

Sign him and watch him be like LeCharles Bentley.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
The Top 5 Things I'd Rather Do Than Trade For Bradford With The 19th Overall Pick

5. Give it back to Buffalo
4. Trade it for Trent Richardson
3. Trade back to #22 and draft another Baseball Player
2. Trade it to Arizona for the rights to Kurt Warner (even if they don't own them)

And the Number 1 Thing I'd rather do with the 19th Overall Pick instead of Trade for Sam Bradford...

Give it to The Denver Nuggets to complete the deal for Timofey Mosgov (just to hear leadtheway's reaction)

I don't agree with any of it, but dude!, that is as good as any Letterman "Top 10".

rofl

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Sign him and watch him be like LeCharles Bentley.

Man, that was horrible. Poor Iggy alum- Dude wanted SO BAD to come home and be the man. Guess the same could be said for Hoyer, just not injury related.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't remember if the conversations was in this thread or the Browns Image thread but there were people criticizing the Browns because Bradford wasn't willing to negotiate a long term contract with us. But from this report it looks like if he gets traded from Philly that he isn't willing to negotiate a new contract with any team.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells Profootballtalk the Eagles have engaged in "no meaningful talks" regarding Sam Bradford's contract.

Bradford, of course, is entering a contract year. At very least, it suggests the Eagles want to keep their options open at quarterback. ESPN's Adam Schefter and CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora have both recently stated they believe the Eagles remain in the hunt for Marcus Mariota. A source told PFT that Bradford would be unwilling to do an extension with a team other than Philadelphia, were he used as a trade chip. He is willing to sign long term with the Eagles.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yeah, that really was funny. rofl

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Let someone else deal with SB.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So Bradford comes to the Browns .. Odds on favorite to get hurt , and we just threw away the #19 pick in the first ???

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
So Bradford comes to the Browns .. Odds on favorite to get hurt , and we just threw away the #19 pick in the first ???

not much worse than the 22nd and a third. rofl rofl

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
C
Legend
Legend
C
Why would the Eagles talk about an extension? He hasn't played a game in nearly two years!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Rest my case !

P
Legend
Legend
P
How about this trade scenario from Bleacher/Report ... RGIII to Cleveland for DT Phil Taylor and The Browns 2015 3rd rd. pick ... willynilly superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
How about this trade scenario from Bleacher/Report ... RGIII to Cleveland for DT Phil Taylor and The Browns 2015 3rd rd. pick ... willynilly superconfused

I'd do that in a second. It makes no sense and will never happen, but I would do it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Bleacher/Report had 5 different scenarios for the Browns 2 picks in rd. one, another was trading down from 12 to 15 with SF and from 19 to 25 with the Texans for a total of 3 mid rd. picks 1 #3 and 2 # 4's ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I don't believe in RGIII, but I would make that move in a heartbeat.

No way would the Skins make that trade. Freaking Phil Taylor sucks. And a 3rd rounder? No way!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Why would the Eagles talk about an extension? He hasn't played a game in nearly two years!

That wasn't the point of my posting. The point was that Bradford is unwilling to sign an extension with any team not just the BRowns.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Jester
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

That wasn't the point of my posting. The point was that Bradford is unwilling to sign an extension with any team not just the BRowns.

Is the lack of talks coming from the Eagles side or Bradford's side? I would assume the Eagles.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

No way would the Skins make that trade. Freaking Phil Taylor sucks. And a 3rd rounder? No way!

RGII annoys the crap out of me. The way he talks and my perception of his attitude ...ugh

But for that price? Yes I would make that trade. I cannot see any way Washington considers it but maybe they just want RGIII out of there.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Jester
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

RGII annoys the crap out of me. The way he talks and my perception of his attitude ...ugh

But for that price? Yes I would make that trade. I cannot see any way Washington considers it but maybe they just want RGIII out of there.

Kirk Cousins and Colt McCoy!!!

(That would be one of the only QB situations worse than our current situation.)

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yeah...........I see it the same way. Almost exactly.

RGIII is a coach killer, but there is a chance he turns it around. We would be giving up next to nothing for him. It would be worth a shot.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not trying to start (or continue) an argument, but I am on the fence about acquiring Bradford. First, I'm not at all sure this is even a possibility. The Browns sought Bradford before the trade, and apparently inquired after. I got the feeling that inquiry went nowhere, but it's still being talked about by folks like us. I also have the feeling that while the talks went nowhere, the door was never closed.

FOR: We need a QB who knows how to play in the NFL. JFF was not ready when we last saw him, and it seems unlikely he will be by the start of the season, if ever. Bradford is more talented the other choices (McCown, Lewis, & Shaw.) A drafted QB will need to sit and learn for a year or two. Bradford has the knowledge and talent to lead this team now, and the team is good enough to win with him now. This would allow a drafted QB (JFF, from 2015, or beyond) time to learn without having to shoulder the responsibility right away.

AGAINST: Health! He has been injured a lot, and while there is an argument that was from lack of protection, there is also an argument that he is just plain frail and easily injured. He is also unwilling to sign an extension. The stated reason is a good one, he wants a good season fresh in everyone's mind to negotiate a better deal than to sign one now. But that puts a big crimp on a potential trade. If the Browns are talking about giving up a 1st round pick, they want more than 1 year of service. It's possible, even likely, that if he stays healthy and does fit well with the team, signing him will be a lot easier. But giving up a 1st round pick is a huge gamble.

I'm really not sure which way to go. Some days I think it's worth the risk, other days I don't.

Last edited by W84NxtYrAgain; 04/25/15 12:05 PM. Reason: correct spelling, thanks TG

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
His name is McCown by the way.

If they actually do end up trading for Bradford. I will try to be optimistic.

You are right that he is talented. And if he actually stayed healthy for the whole season I'd envision us winning more than we lose..

I just feel that giving up 19 for a guy who hasn't been able to consistently stay healthy is too much..

I am confident that McCown can lead us in the same style that Hoyer did, if not better. That doesn't mean more wins overall, just more consistency for the whole season.

But I don't really want to trade for Bradford, and have him get hurt in the 3rd preseason game, and then have to go to someone else who then hadn't gotten as many reps with the 1st team as they could have..

It's an interesting situation, of which I can't wait until after next week so we actually know what's going to happen..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
So is this saying he wouldn't sign long terms with the Eagles either?

This thing about not wanting to sign a lower contract based on his injury history is funny in that what else are you supposed to base a new contract on.

I don't know many people that don't like Bradfords upside. He could really be a great QB. He has to stay on the field to do that however. His words are confusing to me.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My thought was that they haven't offered one yet ! Anyone ? anyone ?

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Not sure how anyone could see your post as argumentative. You presented both sides.

I personally don't think it will happen. His agent made it clear that Bradford would not extend his contract w/us. Furthermore, as just about everyone has pointed out--his injury history is too concerning to give up a first round pick.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
My thought was that they haven't offered one yet ! Anyone ? anyone ?

I honestly don't know if they offered one or not.

But he (bradford) according to this article said he wouldn't take a lower amount due to his injury history. The Eagles may have offered a lesser contract and he said no. Or, maybe they didn't offer anything and maybe a trade really is in the offing.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Here is how I structure a deal to get Bradford.. Oh BTW I want him here Bradford that is...

I give Philly both our number 1 picks in exchange for Bradford, there 2016 1st round pick and their 3rd or 4th this year. We get Bradford they get MM we go on to win multiple SB with Bradford and Chippy is back coaching college ball after 2017....

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The only way I would trade for SB if it was for a 4th and 5th rd pick and CS. That way when he's on the bench injured at least we can say we didn't give up much for him. He's got talent and I like him but he can't help us win games from the bench.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
Here is how I structure a deal to get Bradford.. Oh BTW I want him here Bradford that is...

I give Philly both our number 1 picks in exchange for Bradford, there 2016 1st round pick and their 3rd or 4th this year. We get Bradford they get MM we go on to win multiple SB with Bradford and Chippy is back coaching college ball after 2017....

LOL,, Shouldn't this be in Purple?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As much as I like Bradford, even I wouldn't come close to that trade... willynilly

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
As much as I like Bradford, even I wouldn't come close to that trade... willynilly

IJMHO but is it better to watch the season go down the tubes or overpay for a QB at the top of the draft that will take a season or 2 just to be ready to play or to take a risk with the potential for a great reward?

That's the question here it is:

Bradford when health is a top flight QB, so he is a risk but weigh it out against your other options

1- Move up in the draft and take MM, but that requires both 1st this year and next years #1 as well. MM will take a season more like 2 just to be ready to play. And if he doesn't work out your out a huge amount of talent in other areas of the team and for sure he is a developmental QB. He will take time to acclimate to the NFL. So this may be an upgrade but it will take time to get results.

2- Bradford who comes in ready to go with a team that is ready to go. He has a lengthy injury history, but when healthy he is franchise QB good.

3- Stay with what we have and watch this season and next go down the tubes because we got nothing.

Bradford will sign with us if we win and with him here and healthy we will win we bank a 1st for insurance in case he becomes injured again and his 12 million deal for this year is easy for us to handle, Will have the money to pay him if he does stay healthy and we aren't on the hook for signing bonus's or guaranteed money until he proves he can stay healthy.

If it comes to pass that he becomes injured we still have the #1 we banked from this year next year in combo with our 1st round pick next year should we need to make a move in next years draft, which BTW has a much better QB class coming out.

The worst we come out of this is down a 1st and thats it we have thrown away much more then that on QBs and not a one of them was worth the risk Bradford is, so while some of you poo poo the deal think about what a healthy Bradford would mean to this team this year and hopefully for years to come this IMO is our way out of our current situation (losing) and onto bigger and better things (winning).

So while it may be crazy it really is our best option, with the best possible upside.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend
I just disagree with the way you say that "when healthy Bradford is a Top Flight QB"

Im not saying he's not, but I dont think he's shown enough to be considered such a guarantee..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
missed senior year of college due to injury in 2009. 2011 missed almost half the year. missed over half the year in 2013, all of 2014. So in the last 6 years he has had 2 years healthy. There just isnt anyway to look past that history especially when he wasnt even hit the last time he blew out his knee.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I have been a big believer or Bradford....I wanted him from the draft I wanted him 2 years later with all the RG3 rumors and Rams taking him and trading Bradford...in the beginning of that pre draft situation.

But this time...its just not right. I think 2015 should be mostly a healing year so need at least 4-5 more years in a contract. Also the mentioning even if he took it back - of him retiring. One more ouchy and he just packs up his money after he collect in recovery and then retires instead of the come back.

For the first time - I think its a bad investment for us. Shame the kid should have been elite. Never had an OL got pummelled and damaged goods.
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Oh Tab you will get on board fully when Farmer does the deal, I pray.

I see this as a way to instantly be contenders, this is where these folks earn their coin and sell Bradford on this being a great opportunity to get his career back on track with an organization that desperately needs and wants what he brings to the table. He won't retire and he will sign up with us if we can win and we will win with him. If he fails we are out a 1st round pick. But our options are very limited.

If I were Farmer I do the deal because its actually the only way we avoid a 2-14 season. I don't even view this as desperation move and if we had but 1, 1st round pick I would pass on Bradford but we can take the risk with Bradford and still land on both feet with 2 1sts in next years draft.

Its a risk with the possibility of a huge reward. But if Farmer stands pat it is going to get ugly would be my bet, it may even cost him his job, If he takes a risk on Bradford and he falters he will gets slammed but everyone myself included will realize he was TRYING to push the team up the food chain, and in order to get that done risks are going to have to happen no matter what the direction. If healthy Bradford easily leads this team to the playoffs without him we are 2-14 losers is it worth the risk, you bet it is.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

E
Legend
Legend
E
Oh Tab you will get on board fully when Farmer does the deal, I pray.

The key word in there is "PRAY"...of course I will be on board and I will be doing a lot of "PRAYING" for Bradford to remain healthy.

But in my opinion - its a bad investment at this time. Will I crucify Farmer if he makes a move that I think is wrong timing? No I will get on board and hope for the best cause as you stated if he stays healthy we are an instant contender for playoffs and then some. I have no problems being incorrect in my thoughts of good/bad investment. My opinions don't need to be Proven right or wrong...just put out there.
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

But in my opinion - its a bad investment at this time. Will I crucify Farmer if he makes a move that I think is wrong timing?

The timing is actually perfect in my opinion. I think (pray) that this team is ready to make a move up the food chain but they can't do that without a QB.

Some think we can do it with a solid running game and a suspect passing game. I don't think we can, and according to YOU its why we lost our ability to run last year. But you cannot be one dimensional and have a successful offense in the NFL even if you lean heavily one way or the other one without the other doesn't work, you simply need both. With Bradford behind center you can bet your ass teams are going to respect us and we can be that run heavy team, which will actually allow us to better protect Bradford.

When I sit and think about everything. The years of bad picks and QB play we have all witnessed coupled with the investments we have made at the QB position BQ, BW, JF, I view Bradford as a better option. For sure Bradford comes with his own sets of risks but so did BQ, BW, JF and to the the last one we have gotten zero in terms of return. With Bradford we get injury risk but we also get a guy that can and would be very effective from jump. I think we can protect Bradford and that will be critical especially to start the season but we can handle that because teams are going to have to respect him and that will allow us to use the running game to let him ease his way back.

It's JustMHO but this is the time and Bradford is that player.

And I tell you this if Farmer gets this deal done and stays out of the coaches room I will fight any and all comers to the death for the guy. I would applaud the move no MATTER what. I never criticized Heckert for Weedon, I never criticized Savage for BQ, I haven't been critical of Farmer for JF for the most part I wished he would have done his homework better on JF, but I understand the reasoning even if it doesn't work. In the instance of Bradford you get a QB ready to go who can play at the NFL level (he is of known quality). You just don't get guys with his background and I realize that the reason he is available is because of his injury history, I get that, but he is real good so I will support the move fully.

Beyond that I do this deal the risks IMO aren't any higher then they were for BQ, BW, nor JF.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Legend
Legend
Quote:
If I were Farmer I do the deal because its actually the only way we avoid a 2-14 season

We could start Thad Lewis and we'd win more than 2 games.

I don't understand where you get this idea.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Quote:
If I were Farmer I do the deal because its actually the only way we avoid a 2-14 season

We could start Thad Lewis and we'd win more than 2 games.

I don't understand where you get this idea.

I could be wrong (not likely) but I don't see any push overs on our schedule and we have NO QB so do the math 2-14 and we luck into those 2 wins.

We might as well start Lewis the results will be the same. SAD

Not me but Vegas has the over under at 6 I take the under in a laugh-er. In fact to make it close to competitive I think it should be 3 or 4 but it is six. Look until last season this team hadn't won more the 5 games for YEARS and a huge part of that was the OC and Hoyer they are both gone will crash land this year.

SAD
SAD
SAD

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Legend
Legend
A big part of us winning was our running game, and our entire O Line and RBs are still here..

A big part of us collapsing at the end of the season was Hoyer and he's gone..

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Bradford Would Not Sign Extension w/Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard