Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
V
Legend
Legend
V
You are being so unreasonable! The FO is all-knowing and can do no wrong.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't want to turn this into a Skrine thread. We already had one of those and he is no longer on the team.

People can change their opinions whenever they want, for whatever reason they want. If you think they lack credibility in doing so, that is also fine.

Tashaun Gipson is good. I hope we sign him long term. If we don't I will be upset that we lost a good player.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Let's be honest. You don't want to turn this into how fickle the posters are thread.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Just to let you know (in case you didn't) after the Tender and FA started we are not allowed to negotiate a contract with Gipson - he's allowed to negotiate and sign any contract that he wants...Browns would be given a certain amount of time to match. Not sure of the day for some reason 4/26 sticks in my mind where we can resume our negotiations.

Meanwhile you haven't heard a peep a peep of somebody making him a remote offer. For me that would mean it is obvious we can and will match any contract.

jmho not all roads lead to the FO sucking.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
Tashaun Gipson might be next great AFC North safety, assuming Browns are in his long-term plans: Tom Reed ...

Might. Might not. Let's flip a quarter(back).

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: 1JohnnyG
Tashaun Gipson might be next great AFC North safety, assuming Browns are in his long-term plans: Tom Reed ...

Romeo, is that you?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: 1JohnnyG

Romeo, is that you?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....Not that again......As I go screaming into the night.... willynilly

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Interesting. Perhaps that is why this thread is not getting more attention? Maybe some posters know that it might be a possibility that the FO is stupid enough to let Gipson walk and they don't want to admit he is a good player and must-sign.

That might speak louder than almost anything....

Vers just curious. ..wasn't there a time when you couldn't stand gipson? I agree we need to keep the kid. I liked this kid from almost day one. Just hope he wants to be here

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: eotab

Meanwhile you haven't heard a peep a peep of somebody making him a remote offer. For me that would mean it is obvious we can and will match any contract.

jmho not all roads lead to the FO sucking.

I think this is the most logical conclusion.

Gipson is in his what? 3rd coaching staff? And they've ALL been pretty high on him. This past season I think it was evident as to why. I'm just wondering if people who are criticizing this approach aren't looking at the over all picture. This FO is trying to build for the long haul. Part of that is managing your budget. I think what they are doing now is trying to get an accurate assessment as to what Gipson's value is. If we put a 1st RD tender on him, we'd basically guarantee no one is going to show interest. With the 2nd, we might get some bites.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
V
Legend
Legend
V
No. I didn't say he was great, good, a steal, etc. I didn't say anything. I didn't know anything about him. He came out of nowhere and just started playing good. What I do know is that he was a real find by Heckert and that each of his coaches have loved the guy.

I think you may be thinking of Skrine. I was down on Skrine at the beginning, but his good play changed my mind on him.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
No. I didn't say he was great, good, a steal, etc. I didn't say anything. I didn't know anything about him. He came out of nowhere and just started playing good. What I do know is that he was a real find by Heckert and that each of his coaches have loved the guy.

I think you may be thinking of Skrine. I was down on Skrine at the beginning, but his good play changed my mind on him.

Yeah I liked heckert as a gm. Found some good later round players.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I was Heckert's biggest fan but Richardson and Weeden was a disaster we are still paying for.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I think Heckert did a good job too, but he also missed on a QB pick, and some first rounders. I see a lot of similarities between he and Farmer as far as player evaluation. Farmer just has the "textgate" black eye, and that has soured many against him.

As for Gipson, I believe they are confusing you with Deep. He was the one who always stated that Gipson was not good, and his interceptions were just lucky because he was actually out of position.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Maybe you're thinking of DJango?

He's not a fan of Gipson either.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Who is he a fan of?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
V
Legend
Legend
V
I actually didn't love Heckert like most fans did. I thought he was okay. Never thought he was genius that so many claimed he was.

However, I try not to get caught up in either praising or criticizing EVERY move a certain regime made. Heckert made quite a few good moves and finding Gipson was one of them.

R
Legend
Legend
R
It took me a second to realize that was rhetorical.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Yes, that's who it was, my bad

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K

E
Legend
Legend
E
Yes it has...but we don't even know if he is allowed to show up without being under contract???

Not coming is the norm.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Knight

This was to be expected.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Yes it has...but we don't even know if he is allowed to show up without being under contract???

Not coming is the norm.

1. Voluntary workouts are called voluntary for a reason; players are not required to be present.

2. There may be others not present, for good reasons, whose names have not been made public.

Gipson is not breaking any rules. He's not even under contract. Some teams have their feelings hurt when a player misses workouts, and coaches like their guys to be present, but it doesn’t seem like Mike Pettine is the type to send up search flares. Gipson’s teammates also will understand; players never begrudge a teammate fighting for his contract, especially in the offseason.

It matters if Gipson misses training camp. At that point it matters a lot. But missing an offseason workout should draw barely raised eyebrows.

That being said, the decision by Gipson appears to be the fallout of a decision by the Browns that cost Gipson $1 million.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_...g-term-contract

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

Not coming is the norm.

1. Voluntary workouts are called voluntary for a reason; players are not required to be present.

2. There may be others not present, for good reasons, whose names have not been made public.

Gipson is not breaking any rules. He's not even under contract. Some teams have their feelings hurt when a player misses workouts, and coaches like their guys to be present, but it doesn’t seem like Mike Pettine is the type to send up search flares. Gipson’s teammates also will understand; players never begrudge a teammate fighting for his contract, especially in the offseason.

It matters if Gipson misses training camp. At that point it matters a lot. But missing an offseason workout should draw barely raised eyebrows.

That being said, the decision by Gipson appears to be the fallout of a decision by the Browns that cost Gipson $1 million.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_...g-term-contract

Good article, interesting tweets. thumbsup

Here we go with more drama.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Knight

This was to be expected.

+ 1

Training camp, now that's a different story. Just get the kid locked up with a decent contract Farmer and company. That man can ball and he's always so incredibly soft spoken.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Well that sucks...didn't check how old are those tweets...weird thing to get upset about. Odds are he will sign a long term contract and there is no tender??? Weird also odds were better for him to get a serious contract with only a 2nd round tender. 1st round tender he wouldn't get any offers. The only thing that bothered me was the comparison to McCourty...how is that an apples to apples situation. We had a RFA for Gipson...was McCourt eligible for an RFA tender? was that after his 3rd year?

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

C
Legend
Legend
C

D
Legend
Legend
D

Yes sir!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Yes sir!

Great News thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
Legend
Legend
C

Legend
Legend

Good, because then people on here would start bashing him and saying he's not that good any way.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Good, because then people on here would start bashing him and saying he's not that good any way.

Some would and we all could name most of them, but most wouldn't ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not me. I believe in Tashaun!

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Good now start working on an extenition..

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I just don't get this being upset about the tender??? I can't remember guys tendered who just signed it and didn't end up signing a long term contract. It not like its a given he will play the 2.3 mil tender and then be a FA next year. When did that start happening? And he's coming off an injury is that why? cause next year he'll get a bigger long term contract.

Again I just don't get it. Does anyone of a history of this starting with the new CBA...just don't remember many actually playing for the tender...they sign them and then work out a contract. ???

Get this young man signed! Lets go Farmer get the rookies signed and then make the Gipson thing Happen!
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I just don't get this being upset about the tender???

Maybe because that tender restricts him a bit. Even if he does sign elsewhere the Browns can still match and keep him even if he wants out. I don't believe that but it's possible.

Maybe he thought it should have been a 1st round tender, if at all. That would show they value him a lot. By tendering him second round they're saying, "This is your value to us." ???

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I would think a 2nd round tender would garnish more serious contracts as opposed to signing him and losing a first Round pick. I doubt if teams use the size of the tender to dictate the size of their offer.

Only thing I can think of is the injury...nobody made him a serious offer cause of the ??? Injury and then lose a 2nd round pick? Too much risk. So maybe he's upset cause he is going to just play a year with the Tender and be worth more for a long term contract. I still don't see 2.something as a bad ONE YEAR CONTRACT.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I would think a 2nd round tender would garnish more serious contracts as opposed to signing him and losing a first Round pick. I doubt if teams use the size of the tender to dictate the size of their offer.

Only thing I can think of is the injury...nobody made him a serious offer cause of the ??? Injury and then lose a 2nd round pick? Too much risk. So maybe he's upset cause he is going to just play a year with the Tender and be worth more for a long term contract. I still don't see 2.something as a bad ONE YEAR CONTRACT.

jmho

That sounds more correct than my brainstorming.

But like you said about signing the tender and the getting a contract done. I hope that happens. A lot of people think he got "lucky" with many of his picks. I say sometimes you make your own luck.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Had to dig this one up after seeing Gip wasn't a "go" for his coming weekend.

I'm just curious considering his lack of production and playing time, if anyone was still upset about the FO low balling him with the tender this past off season?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
Browns @Gipson_duos24 "From pits of my soul I truly believe Cle can & will change this thing around. Maybe in my 10th year, maybe next year

https://twitter.com/MRidenourABJ/status/684054733619789824

Quote:
More @Gipson_duos24 "I truly love the city and I want to be a part of it when we go from worst to first" #Browns

https://twitter.com/MRidenourABJ/status/684055487763976193

Quote:
More #Browns @Gipson_duos24 "If you look at the KC Chiefs 2 or 3 yrs ago they were one of the worst teams in football. We even beat 'em"

https://twitter.com/MRidenourABJ/status/684056117266124800

Legend
Legend
holy crap even when he's trying to say positive things it shows how terrible our team is, lol

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Tashaun Gipson might be next great AFC North safety

Link Copied to Clipboard