V
Yeah, the Browns aren't moving.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: berea
Originally Posted By: The Beast
At the rate the Browns keep re-booting...maybe Haslam takes the money and his circus to LA.

If Tennessee doesn't want to swap, and/or the name-change language among other things don't get agreed upon, then other options will always be explored by Jimmy and his current stepping-stone starter franchise.

I actually believe the uniform change and putting Cleveland on the front of the uniform shows a solid commitment to remaining in Cleveland.

Uh, clearly.. putting Cleveland on the jerseys, and Browns on the pants.. Means they plan on moving the team and changing its name as soon as possible..

They're just trying to lul us into a false sense of security..

Yeah, I mean, it's obvious ......

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I think the Bungles are ready to move to LA ...

F
Legend
Legend
F
Actually, Baltimore would be a perfect team for moving, they have experience. smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm shocked LaCanfora hasn't written an article indicating Browns are in the lead for the LA move.

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
LA is a huge city.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: berea
Originally Posted By: The Beast
At the rate the Browns keep re-booting...maybe Haslam takes the money and his circus to LA.

If Tennessee doesn't want to swap, and/or the name-change language among other things don't get agreed upon, then other options will always be explored by Jimmy and his current stepping-stone starter franchise.

I actually believe the uniform change and putting Cleveland on the front of the uniform shows a solid commitment to remaining in Cleveland.

The Browns moving to LA,,,,,Pure POPPYCOCK.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I'm not at all sure the LA Area would support one team let alone two. They were unable to retain the Rams or the Raiders.

I can understand the NFL wanting to be in LA but like Purp said, this kinda feels like the NFL putting pressure on other cities like St. Louis, San Diego and Oakland...

IMO, the ONLY team that should move to LA is the Jags. it feels as if they don't have any big loyal following in Jacksonville.

What's interesting is that the Raiders probably have more fans there now than when they were there. I moved there in 95, a year after they left and I swear over the next decade their popularity actually rose. I haven't been back in a few years but I have a few LA friends that are diehard Raider fans .

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
E
Legend
Legend
E
Welcome to the board Milan...or is that where you are from?

Yes LA is the 2nd largest Market in the USA, NY being the largest. It is why the NFL wants to have a team there. The RAMS use to be there a long time ago actually the RAMS came from Cleveland and left for LA and the Browns joined the NFL.

Raiders had been Oakland then moved to LA then back to Oakland in the past. Chargers have been in San Diego but that is a small market city maybe the smallest having a football team.

Jacksonville Jaguars have been mentioned for years because they cannot get fans to come to the games.

Enjoy the board.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: milanooco
LA is a huge city.

I try to learn something everyday, and today I learned that LA is a huge city rofl

Really though. Welcome to the boards.

Back to the topic at hand.

Maybe I'm mistaken but when the NFL brought the Browns back in 1999 I thought it was official in writing that whoever owned the team couldn't move them? I also very much doubt that the NFL owners would ever vote to let Cleveland move again.

Outside of this thread I haven't heard anyone discussing the Browns potentially moving.

I think it's kind of silly that it's such a big deal for L.A. to get an NFL team when the Raiders and Rams both couldn't survive there.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
D
Legend
Legend
D
No I don't think so, I know Randy Lerner had indicatied a parameter of him selling the team would be that it wouldn't be located.

Legend
Legend
assuming this move happens and the NFL still wants to restructure divisions:

AFC EAST - New England, NY Jets, NY Giants, Philadelphia
AFC WEST - LA Chargers, LA Raiders, Seattle, San Francisco
AFC SOUTH - Miami, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Tampa Bay
AFC NORTH - Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati

NFC EAST - Baltimore, Carolina, Tennessee, Washington
NFC WEST - Arizona, Denver, St. Louis, Indianapolis
NFC SOUTH - Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Kansas City
NFC NORTH - Green Bay, Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
The Airlines would lose too much Money....

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
assuming this move happens and the NFL still wants to restructure divisions:

AFC EAST - New England, NY Jets, NY Giants, Philadelphia
AFC WEST - LA Chargers, LA Raiders, Seattle, San Francisco
AFC SOUTH - Miami, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Tampa Bay
AFC NORTH - Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati

NFC EAST - Baltimore, Carolina, Tennessee, Washington
NFC WEST - Arizona, Denver, St. Louis, Indianapolis
NFC SOUTH - Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Kansas City
NFC NORTH - Green Bay, Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit

I do like that alignment... but

I bet they would flip Washington or Baltimore and the Giants... they would want that NY vs NY super bowl chance, no matter how remote

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I used to live in LA, after graduating from college in Pittsburgh. At least back in the dark ages after I graduated, LA was mostly a college football town, backing UCLA and USC. Most people didn't really care all that much about the NFL and their team, the LA Rams. I remember when the Steelers played the Rams in Super Bowl XIV in 1979, that no one in LA seemed to care that the Steelers had beaten the Rams 31-19.

Even though it's potentially a huge market, I really question their support for an NFL team. Then again, this is more than 35 years later, so things might have changed.

Last edited by sk8termom; 04/22/15 09:08 PM.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
There is too much money available for it to fail.

All Pro
All Pro

Quote:
Moreover, the growing fascination of sports teams for new, publicly financed stadiums -- an economic necessity in a world of $200 million franchises -

Wow, in 20 years the values have increased 7 fold. Average Value at 1.43 Billion now (Inflated from the cowboys 3.4 Billion Value)
Let's see...7 Franchises with sub 1 Billion dollar Value:

San Diego (Though likely to jump over 1 Bill by next Fiscal year with or without move)

Cincinnati-- Ha

Oakland-- Going to end up back in LA one way or another

Jacksonville--Stuck in that stadium for 3 or 4 more years, sorry, Jaguars but this is what happens when you choose Jacksonville as your 3rd Florida Team...maybe in 10 years after they are gone they're gone the NFL will expand into Orlando. But as for the Jaga...San Antonio maybe (and hey, no name change)

Detroit--Ah the incredible shrinking city of Detroit--

Buffalo-- Not sure what happens here... Unless they change divisions Toronto is the only enticing market left in the east. Maybe the corporate money in Hartford/ New Haven. And hey...no name change needed (Though Hartford is known for different types of bills)..yeah no...Toronto it is

St Louis--- Really hoping St Louis works out a stay deal. They don't need to go back to that mess in LA. California is the only state with two struggling franchises. Adding a 4th franchise to that state seems ridiculous.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Jacsonville is on the rebound thanks to the blackout rules getting removed.

They are also one of the teams who consistantly go to London which has been good to them.

As for LA... The NFL is a monster comparative to 20 years ago

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum NFL Pushing for Team in LA by next year

Link Copied to Clipboard