Page 1 of 2 1 2
#949771 04/24/15 09:29 AM
S
slick Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
S
Refs this is where I am "GUESSING " this should be.

Last night on espn tod mcshay and mel kiper did a 3 hour 2 round mock draft special. I missed it. I am sure some of you also did. The only way you can see it now on the Web is if you are a espn insider. Was Hopeing if anyone is maybe you could post the link so we could see it. Would be very appreciative if you could do so smile

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
Winston goes #1 to Bucs
Mariota goes #2 to Titans
Cooper goes #3
Leonard Williams goes #4

Kevin White soon after

I believe they had us taking Shelton at #12

Did they have us taking Gurley at #19? I missed it

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
They gave us Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford..

Meh.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Winston goes #1 to Bucs
Cooper goes #3
Leonard Williams goes #4

Kevin White soon after

They had us taking Peat at 19.

Which would have made me a very angry person to waste a draft pick on a soft offensive lineman. If the Browns are going to WASTE a pick on another 1st round offensive lineman, they sure as hell better get a good one, not Peat.

you had a good run Hank.
S
slick Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Winston goes #1 to Bucs
Cooper goes #3
Leonard Williams goes #4

Kevin White soon after

Not sure. ..hoping someone can post a link to the video

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'd be fine with that.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Lots of pundits recently have been leaning DL, OL with the two picks.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If it shook out how they have the players listed as already being taken are indeed gone, grabbing the best available DT and OT at 12 and 19 would be a good move.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
There is no scenario where I think OL in the first round is a good move. They don't need to invest another high pick on it.

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think if we dont get Parker (we may trade up for him) that Dorial Green-Beckham will be our pick at 19.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I would love PEAT! You guys are crazy saying he is waste of a pick.

Here are his weaknesses from his draft profile

Quote:
Left tackle displaying some edge fear. Technique breaks down when facing wide rushers with juice off the snap. Opens up prematurely and turns into a lunger. Waist-bender. Will lead with head and hands, hoping to land a strike and engulf the edge speed. Needs to improve angle of pass sets against speed. Has direction-change issues when moving in space.

Peat Profile Link

All of the Weaknesses I see can be coached out and I think he would eventually be a great replacement for Joe T

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg
There is no scenario where I think OL in the first round is a good move. They don't need to invest another high pick on it.
You do realize next to Qb OL is the most important aspect of an offense.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: 1day
You do realize next to Qb OL is the most important aspect of an offense.

I also realize that we need depth, not starters. And investing another 1st rounder when we have:

FA

already invested on the offensive line is a waste if we have no great skill players.

you had a good run Hank.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Thomas is great, Mack is great, Bitonio is good, Greco is serviceable, Schwartz is serviceable. I wouldn't mind having another good or great offensive lineman to help protect our awful QB and open running lanes for our young running backs. Like I said, IF all of those skill players listed as being gone actually are gone by the time #19 comes around, I'd be fine with taking the best OL available.

Legend
Legend

I think the last time we selected an OL guy in the first was Mack and before that it was Joe Thomas.. Both have worked out very well I would think. Bitonio was a second rounder, Schwartz was what, a second rounder also?

I like all three of those players. I know that Schwartz gets a bad rap, but I'm not sure it's warranted.

OL is important. You could have Dan Marino as QB and if the Oline doesn't protect him, he'd be worthless.

I'm not anywhere near the guru that some of you guys are, but anyone can see that if you aren't solid in the trenches, you don't win.

Last edited by Damanshot; 04/24/15 12:24 PM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Schwartz is garbage. He needs replaced.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'm not saying that.

I'm saying that we don't NEED a 1st round player, despite what the guy above me is saying.

If Schwartz is garbage as some say, we do have Bowie who the Browns are high on. We don't need starters on the line, we need quality depth, which is built in the later rounds.

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
+1 Daman.

I would not be angry with an OT in the first round. But there is more depth at OT in the 2nd tier than at other positions where there are comparably talented players at 19. If the goal is to replace Mitchell, then one of the 1st tier guys is a good pick. But there are guys like Cedric Ogbuehi, Donovan Smith, Darryl Williams, and Rob Havenstein who are likely to be on the board in the 3-4th rounds who would be good immediate depth and future starter picks.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I'm not saying that.

I'm saying that we don't NEED a 1st round player, despite what the guy above me is saying.

If Schwartz is garbage as some say, we do have Bowie who the Browns are high on. We don't need starters on the line, we need quality depth, which is built in the later rounds.
If the best player available is a lineman thats better than the linemen you have, you draft him as the starter and push the other one down the "depth" chart. That is how you create "depth" at a position.

P
Legend
Legend
P
What have you been watching 1day, Swchartz is far from garbage, he may be playing out of position at RT, I look for us to draft a RT and move Swchartz into the G position ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
What have you been watching 1day, Swchartz is far from garbage, he may be playing out of position at RT, I look for us to draft a RT and move Swchartz into the G position ... JMHO

I watched him constantly get beat all season, and I watched us not be able to run right all year.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Espn's coverage of the draft has reached a point where they have nothing to add, nothing to cover, and so they make stuff up. They used the " the pick is in" chimes for guesses where Todd and Mel, named who subsequent teams would take.

They've gone too far, they need to dial it back, they were probably at their best about year 2004, or 2000-2004 range. But recently, it's too much, too much talking over picks past the early first round

Too much talking about Hollywood favorite players instead of current selections.
So a Special to show a mock, on tv, is going too far.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Shelton & Peat?

Would love that. Upgrading the trenches is A-O-K with me!

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
I think if we dont get Parker (we may trade up for him) that Dorial Green-Beckham will be our pick at 19.

Just so you're aware, Green-Beckham has had a handful of off the field issues throwing his character and judgement into question. If memory serves me correctly he was dismissed from Missouri's team for some kind of drug related issue (I think, not 100% sure). I heard on ESPN's Mike & Mike around two months ago or so, they had Schefter on and he was talking about DGB saying that one of the coaches at Missouri said that Green-Beckham has the lowest football I.Q. of any receiver he's ever coached, but is a game changer with the ball in his hands.

My point here, is that I very much doubt Farmer takes a chance on another player with off-field character issues and or drug related problems. I think Manziel and Gordon are enough. I personally wouldn't touch Green-Beckham until the 3rd round.

Last edited by MrKelso; 04/24/15 04:50 PM.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MrKelso

Just so you're aware, Green-Beckham has had a handful of off the field issues throwing his character and judgement into question. If memory serves me correctly he was dismissed from Missouri's team for some kind of drug related issue (I think, not 100% sure). I heard on ESPN's Mike & Mike around two months ago or so, they had Schefter on and he was talking about DGB saying that one of the coaches at Missouri said that Green-Beckham has the lowest football I.Q. of any receiver he's ever coached, but is a game changer with the ball in his hands.

My point here, is that I very much doubt Farmer takes a chance on another player with off-field character issues and or drug related problems. I think Manziel and Gordon are enough. I personally wouldn't touch Green-Beckham until the 3rd round.
The following is cut and pasted from the NFL.com Draft Tracker page for DGB:

"Considered a problem child at Missouri. Suspended twice by Missouri and arrested twice for marijuana-related incidents. Kicked off team at Missouri in April 2014 after details of his alleged role in an alleged burglary were released by Columbia, Mo., police. He allegedly shoved a female student down some stairs during the alleged incident, but no charges were filed. Missed entire 2014 season."

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He is also the most talented player in this draft. I think Farmer will take a shot on him.

E
Legend
Legend
E
So is what you are saying is that you don't like my picks... lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
R
All Pro
All Pro
R
Is anybody an insider, that could tell us the second round selections or at least who they gave us?

"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
12) DT Danny Shelton - Washington
19) OT Andrus Peat - Stanford
43) TE Maxx Williams - Minnesota
77) OLB Nate Orchard - Utah

Trade OT Peat for OT Flowers (who went 2 picks later)and I would say that was a pretty good draft.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Here is how things went down for the Browns' draft picks:

First Round

12. NT Danny Shelton - Mel Kiper - "Get an every-down, two-gapping, block-eating monster who can come in ready to help at a position of need? Don't mind if I do. We'll get the help at wide receiver later on. Malcom Brown is a consideration, but Shelton gets the edge."

19. OT Andrus Peat - Todd McShay - "The Browns need to add depth along their offensive line, and Peat is the No. 12 prospect on my board, so the value makes sense here."

Second Round

43. TE Maxx Williams - Todd McShay - "The Browns upgraded their defensive and offensive lines with their first two picks in Danny Shelton and Andrus Peat, and Williams gives them a pass-catching weapon at tight end to replace Jordan Cameron."

Third Round

77. OLB Nate Orchard - Todd McShay - "I'd like to get the Browns a wide receiver here, but there aren't any worth taking in this scenario. Orchard is a good fit to replace free-agent departure Jabaal Sheard in Cleveland's defense."

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He is also the most talented player in this draft. I think Farmer will take a shot on him.
DGB looks like he could be another Gordon. Farmer is taking flak for first round picks with attitude issues in Gilbert and Manziel. The risk of picking another problem, in this situation, outweighs the benefit of drafting his talent over someone like Agholor.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
DGB - not on the board.

First comment if drafted.... Haven't the Browns learned anything about drafting players with issues in the first few rounds.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
charger thats the thing, each person is different. You research the kid. You find out everything u can and you base your decision off those findings. At the end of the day, you believe the kid can help your team and you believe you canhelp keep him on the right path and you draft him. If not, you take him off your board.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Pick 77, " want to give the Browns a Wr, but none worth taking remain"

Will they ever learn.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I hate Kiper and McShay. All they do is put ideas in unknowing fans heads, They make fans question GMs, as if they are superior in their assessment of players.

IMO, most of us on here could do what they do, and maybe even better.

That being said, I take Flowers over Peat all day.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: E.Ryze19

No doubt, especially if that were your full time job.

Hell, I wouldn't mind if the Browns hired clevesteve prior to Thursday.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Here is how things went down for the Browns' draft picks:

First Round

12. NT Danny Shelton - Mel Kiper - "Get an every-down, two-gapping, block-eating monster who can come in ready to help at a position of need? Don't mind if I do. We'll get the help at wide receiver later on. Malcom Brown is a consideration, but Shelton gets the edge."

19. OT Andrus Peat - Todd McShay - "The Browns need to add depth along their offensive line, and Peat is the No. 12 prospect on my board, so the value makes sense here."

Second Round

43. TE Maxx Williams - Todd McShay - "The Browns upgraded their defensive and offensive lines with their first two picks in Danny Shelton and Andrus Peat, and Williams gives them a pass-catching weapon at tight end to replace Jordan Cameron."

Third Round

77. OLB Nate Orchard - Todd McShay - "I'd like to get the Browns a wide receiver here, but there aren't any worth taking in this scenario. Orchard is a good fit to replace free-agent departure Jabaal Sheard in Cleveland's defense."

IMO that's a very stellar draft...Fixing that defense with a big body like Shelton makes sense...adding insurance at OLB if Bingo busts or of there is an injury is smart as well...Max Williams is great value in round 2 and would be our immediate starter...and I can't ever argue a capable starting tackle...when we severely lack any depth anywhere on the Oline and our RT spot has been shaky. I don't mind that in this draft scenario we haven't picked a WR yet (I'm sure that comes in play round 4 or 5) Because we do have Bowe Hartline Hawk Gabriel Benji...in round 4 I could see perhaps grabbing QB Petty and OC Gallik...round 5 nab WR Ty Montgomery to return punts and depth...round 6 perhaps the ILB from Baylor, and I like Isaiah Johnson the safety from Georgia Tech...Round 7 perhaps take a shot at a kicker? Or a pass catching RB or FB? I'm not even sure if we are going to employ a FB or maybe more of an Hback or heck even kicking Dray to that role..idk

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: E.Ryze19

No doubt, especially if that were your full time job.

Hell, I wouldn't mind if the Browns hired clevesteve prior to Thursday.

I'm down with that. While Steve lacks all the information the team has he also lacks the burning desire to outsmart himself in an attempt to outsmart everyone else.

#gmstrong
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Food for thought...

The state of the team has changed, most of us on here are looking to secure depth and backups in case of injury. We haven't argued much about which glaring need is more important to fill first.

My point being is that w the exception of QB, overall this team has penciled in proven starters at almost all of the positions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 espn mock draft special

Link Copied to Clipboard