mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Sam Bradford's contract;

Zach Berman, Inquirer Staff Writer
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 8:27 AM

*After the Sam Bradford trade, Chip Kelly insisted that Bradford was not a chip. That hasn't stopped trade speculation. On Monday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen tweeted:

The most interesting part of the report was that Bradford
seeks a no-trade clause this season and that he would sign an extension with only the Eagles. This would seem to send the message to other teams that dealing for Bradford would not come with any long-term contract security, thus limiting his value. The “no-trade clause” indicates that Bradford still thinks there's a chance the Eagles could deal him. It adds even more intrigue to the next 72 hours.

Any contract extension Bradford would receive from the Eagles must take into consideration the risk they assumed in acquiring him. So he'd likely be paid like a talented player who has never been to a playoff game and is coming off two ACL injuries. In theory, such a deal would be a discounted rate relative to what Bradford could earn after this season if he performs well for the Eagles.

It would not seem to be in Bradford's best interest to sign that deal at this point. Unless he worries about another injury, his potential value would only increase as the starting quarterback with the Eagles.
2) Count NBC's Cris Collinsworth in the group that is high on Marcus Mariota. Collinsworth, who is the majority owner of Pro Football Focus, has studied the data that the website compiled and watched the film, which sold him on the coveted Oregon quarterback.

“You watch Mariota drop back in the pocket and he has movement skills and left to right vision going through his reads in a way I just didn't expect to see,” Collinsworth said in a conference call for the Pro Football Focus television show on NBC Sports. “And then when you point blank compare release times and the ability to get the football out of his hands between [Mariota and Jameis Winston], Mariota is actually better and quicker with the release. You add that to a clean history, you add that to obviously a smart guy, and somebody that you want to be the face of your franchise.”

Collinsworth said the Titans should “probably” take Mariota at No. 2, or at the very least trade the pick to a team interested in Mariota.

3) Mariota is not the only Oregon prospect who would fit the Eagles. Here are some of the Ducks' other prospects, with a look at whether the Eagles could be interested:

Arik Armstead, DL (6-7, 292): Armstead is what the Eagles seek in a defensive line, and his length and athleticism for his size is rare. I don't think Armstead falls to No. 20 in the first round. If he slips, would the Eagles consider Armstead even though defensive line is not a need? The defensive line depth is the strength of the Eagles' defense.

Jake Fisher, OL (6-6, 306): Fisher makes sense for the Eagles. He has experience at tackle and guard and has played both the left and right sides, offering the versatility the Eagles crave. A converted tight end, Fisher is one of the most athletic offensive linemen in the draft. He also translates well to a zone-blocking scheme. No. 20 might be a bit too early for him, but if the Eagles like him, it's better too early than too late.

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB (5-9, 192): Ekpre-Olomu would be one of the draft's top cornerbacks if he didn't suffer a knee injury before the Rose Bowl. He has all the skills the Eagles like, but he lacks the size. If Brandon Boykin cannot get the opportunity to play on the outside because of his size, then why would Ekpre-Olomu? This does not seem a total size fit, but the talent is there.

Hroniss Grasu, C (6-3, 297): Grasu started 56 games at center, and was one of the best players in the country at his position. He checks the boxes for the Eagles, except they are set at center with Jason Kelce. The Eagles need their backups to play multiple spots, so Grasu would need to play other interior line spots. He's expected to be drafted around the third round.

Others: S Erick Dargan (5-11, 210) is experienced and can help on special teams, but his lack of speed could be an issue. …OLB Tony Washington (6-4, 247) could be a priority free agent; he has the size requirements the Eagles look for at the position and has the ability to set the edge on running downs. …CB Troy Hill has toughness and experience, but he lacks the ideal length. The Eagles also would need to look into his character to see if he's the right culture fit.

link

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #951434 04/29/15 07:56 AM
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:
seeks a no-trade clause this season and that he would sign an extension with only the Eagles. This would seem to send the message to other teams that dealing for Bradford would not come with any long-term contract security, thus limiting his value. The “no-trade clause” indicates that Bradford still thinks there's a chance the Eagles could deal him. It adds even more intrigue to the next 72 hours.

My take on the latest news about Bradford's contract talks...there are some teams interested in trading for Bradford if he comes with a signed long term deal.

Bradford's camp counters with..as long as the talks include a no trade clause for 1 year..which means Bradford's people do not trust the Eagles...the Eagles could be trying to do a sign and trade deal..a no trade clause for one year eliminates that possibility.

If the Eagles are sincere about Bradford being their guy..they should have no problem signing a no trade clause. The ball is in the Eagles court.

IMO, it is obvious that Bradford does not want to play for any other team but the Eagles.

Any team attempting to trade for Bradford should be on notice, Bradford does not want to be your QB.

Hopefully folks with the Browns are listening.

mac #951445 04/29/15 09:04 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: mac

fingerscrossed

mac #951564 04/29/15 01:15 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: mac
Quote:

My take on the latest news about Bradford's contract talks...there are some teams interested in trading for Bradford if he comes with a signed long term deal.

Bradford's camp counters with..as long as the talks include a no trade clause for 1 year..which means Bradford's people do not trust the Eagles...the Eagles could be trying to do a sign and trade deal..a no trade clause for one year eliminates that possibility.

If the Eagles are sincere about Bradford being their guy..they should have no problem signing a no trade clause. The ball is in the Eagles court.

IMO, it is obvious that Bradford does not want to play for any other team but the Eagles.

Any team attempting to trade for Bradford should be on notice, Bradford does not want to be your QB.

Mac this is the silly season, I put no stock in anything right now oh sure something will prove to be true. If you sling enough mud something is bound to stick.

You can find an article that says yes and one that says no, and one that says we have interest and one that says we don't and it goes on forever 1 more day of this silliness then we will know.

I personnally pray we get Bradford but others don't. Some want MM and some don't

But the queerest group IMO want to stand pat cause their scared to be wrong, or their scared to win, or they want to let JF play and he can't win the starters job without help? They are content to watch the season go down the tubes as long as we don't lose a draft pick, its insane but the standing pat group fail on all levels to see that if we don't do anything were going to take a team that is ready to get something done and turn them into losers.

You know who the folks are their the same ones who oft times get their way only to regret it and bail on their original thinking at the 1st sign of trouble. Which makes me SICK.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pot, Kettle.

If we trade for Bradford then he goes and blows out his knee in week three of the preseason and promptly retires, I'm pretty sure you'd regret your original thinking, too. We're on this QB carousel b/c we rush QBs into action before they are ready and then pull the plug before they have time to develop.

Philly isn't going to trade us Bradford unless we ridiculously overpay. We can win games with McCown if he plays like he did in Chicago. Johnny can develop and we can bolster the rest of the team with our picks.

Why repeat the insanity?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
mac #951608 04/29/15 02:33 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I maybe in the minority with this response.

Any scenario that involves getting Bradford for the #19 pick I am 100% for.

Bradford has the injury issues, I'm aware, and yes they make me nervous, but I think the upside to him outweighs the negatives. St. Louis never gave him a steady running game, offensive line or receivers to throw the football to. We on the other hand have some pieces in place already. Plus in only giving up the #19 pick we'll still have 9 other picks to work with and continue building the team.

I vote yes. Trade the #19 pick for him if the Eagles will deal him.

If he stays healthy, and we can win 9 or 10 games, we'll waive $25 to $30 million in guaranteed money in front of his face and he'll probably sign an extension.

If he gets hurt or sucks, and we go 4-12, then we don't want to re-sign him, and we'll have only given up one pick for him.

Keep the kid healthy and give him some weapons and I think we'll have the best QB we've seen since 2007 Derek Anderson, with potential to be better.

Just my opinion.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
C
Legend
Legend
C
Why would you rather trade for an unproven, expensive, injury prone, player instead of a unproven, cheap, healthy player?

Bradford has done nothing to show that he can consistently play QB at a high level in the NFL. Some of that has to do with circumstance, but that's all we have to work with.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm on board with you and brown to the bone. I would love to have Bradford here. If the FO thinks MM is the guy they want, then I'm ok with that too. I hope they will address this tomorrow night. We need a legitimate QB!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Why would you rather trade for an unproven, expensive, injury prone, player instead of a unproven, cheap, healthy player?

Bradford has done nothing to show that he can consistently play QB at a high level in the NFL. Some of that has to do with circumstance, but that's all we have to work with.

So, what is your alternative? Nothing?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:
If we trade for Bradford then he goes and blows out his knee in week three of the preseason and promptly retires, I'm pretty sure you'd regret your original thinking, too.

No dude you don't know me but I never second guess myself when it comes to football and I never switch sides.

I wanted Weedon and I wanted JF and I have never back down from that position. I knew that if it did work out we were on our way and if it didn't work out that we tried but one thing I knew for sure without that guy we were screwed anyway. And we were!!

This team is a QB away from being top shelf material but without a QB we are done before we start. I have said it for years and I never back down from it. I see posters swing back and forth like the breeze I don't... I come to my conclusions slowly and once I have decided on what the course of action should be I never back down. There are a few guys on this board who know me from years past on the old board they will tell you just what I said is 100% true.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
mac #951627 04/29/15 03:12 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C

If the Eagles are willing to give him to us for only 19, Bradford is done. Teams do not let Franchise or even possible franchise QBs go for that little compensation.

Coming out of college, I might have sold the farm for him. However many surgeries later, him publicly contemplating retirement, his not being willing to sign an extension, just no.

Fiercely Independent.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
ess myself when it comes to football and I never switch sides.

I come to my conclusions slowly and once I have decided on what the course of action should be I never back down.

How is this a good thing?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You wanted JF. Now you don't want JF. I don't see your logic.

I understand your frustration, but don't see any probability to getting Bradford working out.

Fiercely Independent.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
ess myself when it comes to football and I never switch sides.

I come to my conclusions slowly and once I have decided on what the course of action should be I never back down.

How is this a good thing?

I'm all good with admitting I was wrong but I don't second guess what brought me to the conclusion I made at that time.

I see people switch sides all the time and it sickens me. Admitting your wrong is better then pretending you knew it all along. Which is what most people do.

Let me ask this how many people were all in with BQ? I wasn't BTW, but how many were all in with him?

You and I both know that 95% were in with him but how many will admit it, and say they were wrong?

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

C
Legend
Legend
C
Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
You wanted JF. Now you don't want JF. I don't see your logic.

I understand your frustration, but don't see any probability to getting Bradford working out.

I was wrong I thought he was a football player and it turns out he is a spoiled lazy drunk or former drunk, you choose.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

mac #951710 04/29/15 06:56 PM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Bradford is a horrible option and Mariota makes me feel very uneasy.

Best option now is to hope Manziel pulls it off or we end up running with McCown this season. The QBs in next years draft are graded (at least to me) higher than Mariota.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: TripleOption
Best option now is to hope Manziel pulls it off or we end up running with McCown this season. The QBs in next years draft are graded (at least to me) higher than Mariota.

Kind of like Matt Barkley or Matt Leinart. . .

Pushing things back to the next year never works.

mac #951721 04/29/15 07:11 PM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I do agree cfrs15, but Bradford sucks (not actually sure I can really state that though considering how many games he's missed).

We need to tank a season like the Colts did and get the #1 overall! smile

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: TripleOption
I do agree cfrs15, but Bradford sucks (not actually sure I can really state that though considering how many games he's missed).

We need to tank a season like the Colts did and get the #1 overall! smile

I agree. I don't want Bradford either. Just saying that while the draft class looks great right now, many things can happen between now and one year from now.

I would be all for tanking one season if it insured a player like Andrew Luck. Alas, that player only comes along once every decade or so.

mac #951763 04/29/15 08:07 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
This is what I think [not know]:

--Bradford and Mariota are both huge crap shoots. Bradford has the injury history and wasn't all that when he did play. Mariota has not had to make NFL type reads. He might be able to. Not saying he won't. But, we have no idea if he can because he never has..........and if you can't make post-snap coverage reads, you will suck in the NFL! That is an absolute fact that I will never back-down from.

So, we are going to throw either one or two first round picks on "maybes?"

I truly think our best option is to go w/Johnny this year. That is also a huge gamble, but it won't cost us further draft picks and we can improve the rest of our team by not trading them away for guys that really are not more sure prospects than Manziel.

We blew it when we drafted Johnny instead of Teddy. I know you don't want to hear it, but it is what it is and it ain't going away. Because we made that mistake, we are now faced w/an uncertain future w/any move we make at the qb position this year.

Bradford...........cost is high and not a sure thing.

Mariotta..............cost is enormous and not a sure thing.

Johnny...............no further cost, but the odds of success are miniscule.

All three options suck. Had we made the right move last year, we would NOT be having a qb discussion. I am at the point where I say this:

Do not compound your initial mistake by making an even bigger one because you are trying to fix that first mistake.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
This is what I think [not know]:

--Bradford and Mariota are both huge crap shoots. Bradford has the injury history and wasn't all that when he did play. Mariota has not had to make NFL type reads. He might be able to. Not saying he won't. But, we have no idea if he can because he never has..........and if you can't make post-snap coverage reads, you will suck in the NFL! That is an absolute fact that I will never back-down from.

So, we are going to throw either one or two first round picks on "maybes?"

I truly think our best option is to go w/Johnny this year. That is also a huge gamble, but it won't cost us further draft picks and we can improve the rest of our team by not trading them away for guys that really are not more sure prospects than Manziel.

We blew it when we drafted Johnny instead of Teddy. I know you don't want to hear it, but it is what it is and it ain't going away. Because we made that mistake, we are now faced w/an uncertain future w/any move we make at the qb position this year.

Bradford...........cost is high and not a sure thing.

Mariotta..............cost is enormous and not a sure thing.

Johnny...............no further cost, but the odds of success are miniscule.

All three options suck. Had we made the right move last year, we would NOT be having a qb discussion. I am at the point where I say this:

Do not compound your initial mistake by making an even bigger one because you are trying to fix that first mistake.

As usual Vers you make sense but I think your off on Bradford, I challenge you to go and watch the link dub put up in the other Bradford thread in fact I challenge anyone to go and have a look at his game tape and not be gushing over this guys potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhLDkYravNA

The high cost is a 1st rounder, while that isn't cheep it isn't cost prohibitive for a franchise QB, no that dawg won't hunt Vers.

I can't seem to get folks to understand that I want to see us try to save the season but I don't want us to be stupid either. I view Bradford as great value at a risk, which is a part of the game, sure things when it comes to QB's have happened 3 times in the past 40 years if you wait around for that day it will never come. That dawg don't hunt either.

I'm not trying to fix a mistake by making another one in fact I don't even associate one move with the other. I see a franchise QB that could be available that we can actually afford to get that could change our fortunes its not desperation for me its a chance at what I view to be a great player period. All be it at a risk....It just so happens that that player can save our season and change our fortunes all at once.

How often have we had a shot at a player like Bradford with his potential with the cost being a 1st? Let me answer that for you NEVER. if we wait and do nothing the opportunity will have passed, but will still have our picks and so what without a QB will still suck.

I respect everyone's right to disagree I think debate is good it makes you feel alive and can make your blood boil. We are all passionate about our beliefs and I respect that; one more day....

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

V
Legend
Legend
V
Bone, I have the ticket. I watch a ton of games each week. I typically record several games each week and watch them throughout the week. I can do this because I don't watch regular tv.

I've seen Bradford play. I think he is "okay" when healthy. I haven't seen greatness. That is simply my opinion and I am NOT stating it as fact.

Quote:

I respect everyone's right to disagree I think debate is good it makes you feel alive and can make your blood boil. We are all passionate about our beliefs and I respect that; one more day....

I'm good w/that. I am not bad-mouthing you because we disagree. It is a good discussion and you might very well be right.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'll raise you some youtube clips, BTTB:

Shoulder

Knee

Another Knee

Will to play

Those are my concerns with Bradford.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There is just nothing left to say except Bradford is as brittle as a toothpick. Good arm, but I think he is in the wrong biz.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I have the ticket too. I always thought Bradford was great but had a piss poor supporting cast. No O line and no receivers worth spit along with no running game.

Grimm don't insult your intelligence dude of course I am well aware on Bradford's injury history.. Players regularly have their ACL repaired and return to the game without issue. High ankle sprains are temporary as are shoulder issues on non throwing arms. Btadfords greatest down fall IMO is he sometimes fails to protect himself to live for another play.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
There is just nothing left to say except Bradford is as brittle as a toothpick. Good arm, but I think he is in the wrong biz.

SB said it so I know it is true and tomorrow his story will be just like today's story............... rofl

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have the ticket too. I always thought Bradford was great but had a piss poor supporting cast. No O line and no receivers worth spit along with no running game.

Grimm don't insult your intelligence dude of course I am well aware on Bradford's injury history.. Players regularly have their ACL repaired and return to the game without issue. High ankle sprains are temporary as are shoulder issues on non throwing arms. Btadfords greatest down fall IMO is he sometimes fails to protect himself to live for another play.

My intelligence has thick skin. Honestly, I think that might be the problem.

Players that injure their ACLs that are willing to put in the work can sometimes return to the game. They are never the same. There is always some residual scar tissue and generally pain/aching. Some guys can play through it. And for the record, it was Bradford's throwing arm.

What are your thoughts on the last link?

Fiercely Independent.
C
Legend
Legend
C
How many guys blow out the same ACL twice and return "successfully?"

(I put quotes around successfully because Bradford has never had a long successful stretch.)

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown

My intelligence has thick skin. Honestly, I think that might be the problem.

Players that injure their ACLs that are willing to put in the work can sometimes return to the game. They are never the same. There is always some residual scar tissue and generally pain/aching. Some guys can play through it. And for the record, it was Bradford's throwing arm.

What are your thoughts on the last link?

Never looked I have seen it before and I know his injury history and I know he could become injured again, I am aware of the risks what is it you think your telling me or giving me that would somehow change my desire to bring him in. I might add that Chippy has to like him and so does our FO by all appearances we aren't going to settle it here and I can tell you, you won't change my mind so why bother. Your just as set in your thought process as am I. One of us is going to get to tell the other I told you so but that won't be today....

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

SB said it so I know it is true and tomorrow his story will be just like today's story............... rofl

With that said, I still wouldn't say no to Bradford if we could work out a reasonable deal, which I highly doubt.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
3. Todd Gurley goes early: So is Gurley's draft stock truly rising, or is the talk of his ascending stock just more draft smoke? It is hard to tell at this juncture, but Gurley has just about every tool you want from a workhorse runner and it appears as though ACL injuries simply don't produce the fear they once did with NFL teams. Gurley and Melvin Gordon are head and shoulders above the rest of the running back prospects and teams looking for a first-round rusher might decide that this "deep running back class" isn't as appealing as taking the best back on the board early on.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-misinformation

Hum they ALL must be stupid right?

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

C
Legend
Legend
C
3. Todd Gurley goes early: So is Gurley's draft stock truly rising, or is the talk of his ascending stock just more draft smoke? It is hard to tell at this juncture, but Gurley has just about every tool you want from a workhorse runner and it appears as though ACL injuries simply don't produce the fear they once did with NFL teams. Gurley and Melvin Gordon are head and shoulders above the rest of the running back prospects and teams looking for a first-round rusher might decide that this "deep running back class" isn't as appealing as taking the best back on the board early on.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-misinformation

Hum they ALL must be stupid right?

Did he tear the same ACL twice? Once when a strong gust of wind knocked him over and tore it?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The guy is a RB dude and teams don't care Bradford will be fine trust me............. poke

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

C
Legend
Legend
C
The guy is a RB dude and teams don't care Bradford will be fine trust me............. poke

I don't trust you at all. And luckily I don't have to, we will see Bradford on the field at some point (unless he gets hurt walking to his car).

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think what Vers said made a lot of sense. Cost is simply too high for unknown quantities in both Bradford and Mariota. We aren't a perennial contender with solid depth, we simply have too many holes that need filling. We need to hit on both of those first rounders and that second rounder also to find quality contributors that make us better.

Personally, I believe we are invested in Johnny. I know this because I had a gut feeling after tossing a coin. I'm keeping everything crossed that he can be who we need him to be.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Report: Browns think they can get Sam Bradford today

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 30, 2015, 5:32 AM EDT

You can almost see things coming together, with more intrigue about the about landing spots of several quarterbacks tonight.

With the Eagles lacking sufficient trade chips to get to the second pick in the 2015 NFL Draft and Marcus Mariota, it appears they’re working on the process.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated said a source told him the Browns think they have a good chance before the draft starts to acquire Eagles-for-a-minute quarterback Sam Bradford.

That would line up with the potential three-way deal we’ve been talking about here for a week, checking off a lot of the boxes that the Titans, Browns and Eagles would need.

Presumably, the Eagles would get one of the Browns’ first-rounders in any exchange for Bradford, to put with their own 20th pick (though there would likely be other moving parts in that deal).

Coupled with the fact the Eagles may be trying to move some spare parts, it sure appears they’re open for business, which will make today a fascinating one as Kelly works to put his stamp on the team.

And while Bradford’s coming off a pair of ACL tears, he’d be the most legitimate starting quarterback the Browns have had in ages, and certainly a better use of a swapped first-rounder than Brandon Weeden or Johnny Manziel.

link

E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...
Bradford will not sign with us long term. We will not consider the move unless he does.

Bradford will not be a Brown. All the other debates/discussion sort of become irrelevant.

This is not really opinion just the facts as we know it. Is it 100%? No but close to it.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
mac #951876 04/30/15 06:58 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You can almost see things coming together, with more intrigue about the about landing spots of several quarterbacks tonight.

With the Eagles lacking sufficient trade chips to get to the second pick in the 2015 NFL Draft and Marcus Mariota, it appears they’re working on the process.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated said a source told him the Browns think they have a good chance before the draft starts to acquire Eagles-for-a-minute quarterback Sam Bradford.

That would line up with the potential three-way deal we’ve been talking about here for a week, checking off a lot of the boxes that the Titans, Browns and Eagles would need.

Presumably, the Eagles would get one of the Browns’ first-rounders in any exchange for Bradford, to put with their own 20th pick (though there would likely be other moving parts in that deal).

Coupled with the fact the Eagles may be trying to move some spare parts, it sure appears they’re open for business, which will make today a fascinating one as Kelly works to put his stamp on the team.

And while Bradford’s coming off a pair of ACL tears, he’d be the most legitimate starting quarterback the Browns have had in ages, and certainly a better use of a swapped first-rounder than Brandon Weeden or Johnny Manziel.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/30/report-browns-think-they-can-get-sam-bradford-today/

I sure do pray these rumors are true I want Bradford lets get it done Farmer bring home a QB we know can play............Farmer gets this done he is my man...

Imagine and actualy NFL starter quality guy in Cleveland, it mustr be a dream.

But rumors will be flying until the deal is done I'll be praying....

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

mac #951879 04/30/15 07:04 AM
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I'm posting this info again..I first posted this info toward the end (pg 11) of the previous Bradford thread...

Thinking about the Bradford possibility, why are we even talking about this?

Bradford's injury history...
...2007..red shirt freshman starter, concussion..started the next week.

...2009..first game of season, Bradford suffers 3rd degree AC joint sprain to right shoulder ..recovery time 3
to 6 weeks, Bradford returned after missing 3 games..in his 2nd game back, 1st qtr, re-injures right
shoulder and has season ending shoulder surgery.

...2010..NFL rookie..played 16 games (7-9)..comp.60%, 18td/15int, 76.5 rate

...2011..high ankle sprain missed 6 games..out wk 7,8..12,13..15,16 (1-9)..comp.53.5%, 6td/6int,70.5 rate

...2012..played 16 games (7-8-1)..comp.59.5%, 21td/13int, 82.6 rate

...2013..played 7 games (3-4)..comp.60.7%, 14td/4int, 90.9 rate..Left ACL surgery
Oct 20, 2013...Bradford injures L. ACL.
Nov.18, 2013...Bradford has surgery for L. ACL..then rehab

...2014..Bradford played in the 2nd game of preseason, in 3rd preseason game Bradford re-injures L. ACL
Aug.23, 2014...Bradford "re-injures" L. ACL against the Browns..9 months after his Nov.18, 2013 surgery.
Sep.8, 2014...Bradford has 2nd ACL surgery on left knee.

Bradford's surgery #2 was nearly 8 months ago and he appears to be on schedule though the trade to the Eagles on March 10 may have set Bradford's rehab back a bit. On March 16, it was reported that Bradford met with Eagles to set up a new rehab program. Bradford did say that he began a throwing program 2-3 weeks before the trade.

NOT GOOD. NOT GOOD. NOT GOOD.
Athletes, not surprisingly, are at higher risk of an ACL tear than the general public. Also not surprisingly, if you’ve torn your ACL once, you’re more likely to do it again, especially within the first year after the surgery. Even worse, revision ACL reconstructions are more likely to fail than primary reconstructions. Once Bradford has his knee fixed, the recovery clock will once again be reset, and may go longer than last time.
link

Another point that needs to be considered...it was reported that Bradford considered retiring after the second ACL injury...

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Sam Bradford contemplated quitting football after his 2014 ACL tear. Fellow former Oklahoma QB Josh Huepel reportedly had to talk Bradford out of it. This isn't exactly breaking news, as Bradford previously admitted to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that he "didn't want to come back" following his latest injury. Still, the mere fact that Bradford contemplated retirement so recently sends up a red flag, particularly to teams interested in Bradford if the Eagles try to flip him in a draft-day trade up for Marcus Mariota. Since his college days, 27-year-old Bradford has undergone right shoulder surgery and two left ACL reconstructions. Mar 30 - 1:15 AMSource: Philadelphia Inquirer
link

Since Bradford considered retiring and was talked out of it, he was told by the Rams that he would have to compete for the Rams starting job, possibly with a QB that the Rams drafted.
...then Bradford was traded to the Eagles..
...then came reports that the Eagles just acquired Bradford to flip him for a draft pick. Shortly after that news came news from Bradford that he would not sign an extension with any team other than the Eagles...red flag!

I don't know how fragile Bradford's psyche is or if he is mentally strong enough to accept more changes and challenges. Anyone who has been through what Bradford has been through, would be questioning their desire to continue playing in the NFL. Bradford's contract with the Rams had $50 mill. guaranteed, so financially Bradford should be set, if he walks away from football today.

The trade to Philly reunited Bradford with the coach who helped to mold him into a NFL QB, Pat Shurmur, now the OC in Philly, who was the Rams OC when Bradford was drafted in 2010. I believe Bradford is comfortable with the trade the Eagles and wants play for them.

If Bradford is traded to the Browns, there is no way to know how Bradford feels about it. Would Bradford feel like he is experiencing his worst nightmare, being traded to Cleveland? Does he once again consider retirement? Bradford is not willing to sign an contract extension with any other team, but the Eagles.

I believe that comment speaks volumes an hopefully the Browns are listening.

The information above is based on "facts" and I realize that the Browns would be taking a huge risk if they trade for Bradford without a signed contract from Bradford, in hand first. But even with a contract signed, Bradford can't guarantee that he will be healthy enough to stay on the field and live up to expectations.

I believe there is way too much risk involved in a trade scenario where Bradford comes to Cleveland for a first round pick.

Last edited by mac; 04/30/15 07:05 AM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Bradford..continued

Link Copied to Clipboard