Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Discuss.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Ngata screw up could be righted.
Big, smart kid. He's going to be a fan favorite.

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 04/30/15 09:30 PM.
Legend
Legend
Welp, at least this means we won't be drafting Eddie Goldman.

Legend
Legend
You think the Brows will want him to drop some weight to get that speed up a bit?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
P
Legend
Legend
P
We won't be #32 against the rush in 2015 ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
I'm hoping he can be our Haloti Ngata. He did pick up the commissioner, so he's off to a decent career already.

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
I hope the bear hug becomes his sack signature celebration.

Last edited by ShotCaller; 04/30/15 09:34 PM.

JMHO
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
I'm hoping he can be our Haloti Ngata. He did pick up the commissioner, so he's off to a decent career already.

He said "You mess with my boys this year and I'll be back for your skinny butt ....." rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
As much as the game has changed it still remains the same. Run the ball and stop the run. If you cannot do either you cannot win. Having the 32nd ranked run defense had to change.

Great pick. Keep the other team in 3rd and long and watch the INT's... go up!!!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
http://grantland.com/features/danny-shelton-washington-nfl-draft/

Shelton's story is crazy. Saw his brother get shot in the head.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
He was my guy so obviously I am happy. The biggest weakness we had on D was against the run, and we just plugged a huge hole in the middle. Now give me an edge rusher in Dupree at 19 (fingers crossed), and Perryman (ILB) at 43 and our D is VERY good all of a sudden.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think a excellent pick

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I just watched some highlights of him and I noticed something. Basically if you watch the line, even without know where he lined up, all you have to do is watch the part of the D line that didn't get moved back, at all, and there is #55. He was a wall that played with his hands out in front of him and was quick laterally to close holes.

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
When was the last time we drafted exactly who all the mocks said we were going to draft? I don't think I can remember.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
S
Legend
Legend
S
I like this pick, especially with Rubin gone.

Hopefully if this guy does what he is supposed, we'll know a lot more about the guys behind him, like Mingo, Kirksey, etc...

Love that he seems like a good kid. I still think we're going to give up yards against the run if we continue to not score points and leave our defense on the field too much, but this is still a move that needed to be made.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Not a 1st round talent, sorry

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Discuss.

Best part of this pick and the one we made at 19 is that we don't have to hear anymore about what's fair to give up for Bradford or Mariota LOL

I like this pick

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think we could have made different pick but I dont think we could have made a better pick. Great pick!

Joe Thomas #73
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Has anyone of you even watched the guy on tape? Because I saw him constantly get pushed back 1on1. He was one of the first prospects I scouted hoping for an upgrade at NT. he was also the first and one of THE biggst disappointments on tape. He does nothing well. Go watch the tape

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
Has anyone of you even watched the guy on tape? Because I saw him constantly get pushed back 1on1. He was one of the first prospects I scouted hoping for an upgrade at NT. he was also the first and one of THE biggst disappointments on tape. He does nothing well. Go watch the tape

Who? Shelton?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Why do you think he went so high?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
jc but I'll bite..........cause he's so good. I'm very happy with this pick!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

He was picked by idiots. The same idiots that drafted a no tackling CB with a 10yo girl's brain in the top 10 and a HS shortstop as QB for a 1st and 3rd round pick in a draft filled with studs.

Everybody expected Shelton to go top 10. If I were you, similraly clueless fans, I'd ask why he DIDN'T go top 10 as expected. He's not as good. Teams switching to a 3-4 with no NT passed him up. What's THAT tell you?

#gmstrong

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
ok

M
Legend
Legend
M

Any links to any plays where he's getting knocked back? I saw him repeatedly projected as a top 10 pick - gone before the Browns pick on most boards.

That doesn't mean a hill of beans - but after such a blistering attack I'll watch any "proof" you can offer.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
ok

How about an argument supprting the pick. Or some tape? I'd love if somene would throw some tape at me disputing this. Problem is, it doesn't exist. I watched him extensively and prayed we wouldn't draft him. Sure enough, the morons did it

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend

He was picked by idiots. The same idiots that drafted a no tackling CB with a 10yo girl's brain in the top 10 and a HS shortstop as QB for a 1st and 3rd round pick in a draft filled with studs.

Everybody expected Shelton to go top 10. If I were you, similraly clueless fans, I'd ask why he DIDN'T go top 10 as expected. He's not as good. Teams switching to a 3-4 with no NT passed him up. What's THAT tell you?

That they saw other players as better values?

I am concerned about his 40 time, because that was really slow, but then you look at him on videos and there he is doing a Rubin impression and making plays 10 yards down the field. He splits double teams effectively. He's not a pass rusher, and that is what a lot of teams want that high in the draft, but the Browns really needed a run stuffing NT, and they got one.

Some people suggested that Brown might go before Shelton, and he is still available.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
It is concerning that Shelton might be a two down player.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
I am concerned about his 40 time

You're concerned about a 0-Tech's 40 time?

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:
I am concerned about his 40 time

You're concerned about a 0-Tech's 40 time?

Only because it was so far below the NFL average for the position. (and I think that I let the talking heads talk me into this one)

However, when I watch this kid play, he doesn't look slow on the field. he makes plays, and pursues well. He seems to have a solid understanding of how to play the game, and he positions himself well when the play goes away from him. He is largely immovable in the middle, and often gets solid penetration. I think that he is a guy who ks just not a 40 time runner.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sorry copied wrong one

Last edited by Mourgrym; 04/30/15 11:34 PM.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Discuss.

This hurts.

This hurts a lot.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
reason i put that one up cause, they really ran hard at him early and he just got better and better that game

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
lol, 1st play he allows a 8yd run on 2nd&7, easily blocked away by some dime a dozen Dvi 2 College OL from Georgia State? Georgia STATE?

Georgia State certainly didn't get the memo, that Shelton was a top 1st round talent, as they ran right at him again and again and again and again...with success

Last edited by DjangoBrown; 04/30/15 11:41 PM.

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I'll chalk the clueless thing up to a loss in translation, but I was under the impression he fell for Combine numbers which I don't really give much weight to anyhow. My impression was that he was a player we got for good value at our pick.

I watched some of his tape too. I saw where he gave up some ground after the initial snap, but often times it was to use forward momentum of the opposing lineman against him. Doing a half-rotation with his eyes on the ball carrier, doing a swim move or otherwise acing his arms around the OL and squaring up to the ball.

I actually also disagree with a lot of people who see him as a pure run stuffed. I actually think he did a good job shooting gaps with good burst to get to the QB. If anything, I worry more about overpursuit or picking the wrong gap.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
lol, 1st play he allows a 8yd run on 2nd&7, easily blocked away by some dime a dozen Dvi 2 College OL from Georgia State? Georgia STATE?

Georgia State certainly didn't get the memo, that Shelton was a top 1st round talent, as they ran right at him again and again and again and again...with success

Georgia State ran for 68 yards in that game. (1.7 yards/attempt)

Just saying.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Georgia State ran for 68 yards in that game. (1.7 yards/attempt)

Just saying.

10 "runs" for -8yds by their "QB" certainly help that stat out....and it's still Georgia State.

Against Oregon, Royce Freeman ran for 169yds and 4 TDs on 29 runs. Yeah, stud NT, lol

#gmstrong

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So DJ who did u want?

P
2nd String
2nd String
P
We had offensive WR fire power threat fall in our lap again and failed to take address this gift. Sure pray we address this error with pick 43-B. Perriman if still on board. Defense can only be good if the offensive can score anytime lightning fast or ball control w/threat of scoring on any play,anytime thus letting D opportunity to take chances n and not worry about beig burnt by big yardage plays or score they give up thusly putting pressure on the O to score quickly

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
So DJ who did u want?

In my mock I had Ereck Flowers, Malcolm Brown and Agholor, you figure it out. Those 3 were among maybe a dozen I had with a 1st round grade and go figure, they all went in the 1st. Brown is a better overall DL than Shelton, offers MUCH more vs the pass, is as active as Shelton (that's his one positive btw) and equally shaky vs the run. At least he has more upside. Shelton is a weak 2 down NT. You can get those on day 3, there are DOZENS with that profile evrey draft.

Same with a center? Really? Another freaking center? Sure helped us win games the last time we picked a C in the 1st round....we actually did it TWICE

Brown and Agholor was the way to go

#gmstrong

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 Browns pick Danny Shelton with 12th pick

Link Copied to Clipboard