Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TopDawg16
Is there anyone born after 1975 that likes this pick?

Seriously.

I don't hate it, I dislike passing on a few guys, but I can live with with this pick. This wasn't a nightmare 1st round draft for me like the past few years have been.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Watch the kids feet when he is blocking and you will never again have any doubts about this pick. His hands need work but feet like that, he can be special.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Probably not who I would of taken, but we could arguably have the best Offensive line in the league now.

With 3 first rounders, 2 seconds, and a 3rd rounder as our top 3 picks, (and 2 high 2nd round picks at that) we better.

Thomas: 3rd overall
Mack: 21st overall
Ervin: 22 overall
Schwartz: 37 overall
Bitonio: 35 overall
Greco: 3rd round pick of the Rams, acquired by trade.

I wonder if any team has invested as much in their OL?

The Bengals, and it's not even close. They have the better offensive line year in and out.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How about the Cowboys.

Smith
Frederick
Martin

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
All Pro
All Pro
P
All of you are crazy... for a draft that isnt deep at all in top level talent, we get a kid who was an absolute beast of a center for FSU. He can play guard and tackle, who is a bulldozer of a run blocker. He has excellent feet and was moved to center his senior year and played extremely well. For us as a team that had absolutely no talent on the OL after the starters, this is a great pick.

Personally, I wanted to trade #19 cuz of the talent in this draft. But I think this is an excellent pick. It gives us a guy that can play any interior spot and provides some depth where we had absolutely none. We did not need to draft another high pick at DL. Not sure who else you could get at 19 that could provide an immediate need. No TE's in this draft were 1st rd talent.

You build teams with OL and DBs. If Mack does leave, then we will have a guy with 1 year exp to fill the void instead of scrambling to find someone next year with no exp or a scrub that some other team lets go in FA.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Probably not who I would of taken, but we could arguably have the best Offensive line in the league now.

With 3 first rounders, 2 seconds, and a 3rd rounder as our top 3 picks, (and 2 high 2nd round picks at that) we better.

Thomas: 3rd overall
Mack: 21st overall
Ervin: 22 overall
Schwartz: 37 overall
Bitonio: 35 overall
Greco: 3rd round pick of the Rams, acquired by trade.

I wonder if any team has invested as much in their OL?

The Bengals, and it's not even close. They have the better offensive line year in and out.

The Bengals have invested more in their OL than we have?

Their OL is:

Whitworth: 55 overall
Boling: 101 overall
Bodine: 111 overall
Zeitler: 27 overall
Smith: 6 overall

Sorry, but that is nowhere near the level of investment the Browns have made. They have 2 first, 1 second, and 2 forth round picks.

We will have 3 firsts, a second, and either another 2nd, or a former 3rd.

We also don't have the level of skill players they have.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

I have a hard time believing Erving was the #19 best player in the draft...I thought he displayed excellent versatility, but never really dominated to the point many said he did...I don't even think the Browns drafted him to be a C in all honesty...I think they are going to have him battle it out at RT potentially... Draft is super deep at center I wouldn't be surprised in mid round 4-5 we select another C...Just felt like we could have slid down further, obtained an additional round 2 pick and still grabbed Erving near the end of round 1...But oh well, we have a big need at Oline and the pick filled a need...People screaming he's a backup...Well I think even WR Devante Parker to begin with would be a backup to Bowe and Hartline.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TopDawg16
Is there anyone born after 1975 that likes this pick?

Seriously.

I don't hate it. I mean, we could have taken any of the guys the others in our division took and I would have hated it. He will be a quality (maybe Pro Bowl level) starter for us starting 2016. We also now have a legit backup to Joe Thomas, something we've never had before. Those are good things.

I'm just bummed that we had the draft fall to us so (in my eyes) perfectly where we could have walked away with both Parker and Malcom Brown without trading up for either, and we came away with a flawed DT and an OL that doesn't really provide much of an immediate upgrade. I'm also bummed because it eliminates my three favorite Day 3 prospects for us: Max Garcia, Justin Hamilton, and the swamp monster.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
j/c

Hate spending another 1st rounder on an OL, but at least they got the best fit and most versatile. He and Shelton will be long term, ten year Browns players.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
I will say this:

I went back and looked at some of the reports on Bitonio from last year, and 2 things I found were that he has quick feet, and concerns that he was a "tweener", and may not have a position in the NFL.

I have read (and heard about the feet as a key from Farmer this year) similar things about Erving this year. Hopefully Farmer will be successful this year with Erving, as he was with Bitonio last year. I admit that I was wrong about Bitonio last year, so we'll see if I can be wrong 2 years in a row.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Legend
Legend
O
This pick is pure insurance. He can play anywhere on the line. He will compete for RT/RG spots and probably just sit this year. But after what happened when Mack went down, I'm happy he's here. OMG McDonald... nuff said.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: FreeAgent
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
So who sits? Greco or Bitonio? One of them is the odd man out. Or do we yet again sit a first round pick all season?

Mitchel Rollerskates Schwartz sits

I see. So this Guard will play Tackle? Cool. So since we are all set. I can expcet the playoffs. Or I can expect a new GM/HC team next year..... I wonder which one is more likely? lol

Spirit this cat can play anywhere along the line. You wouldn't want him for your LT but he could fill in they kicked him inside because he wasn't that good a LT but he can play the spot. I know that sounds a bit strange but he could fill in and that has value and is something we have never had just in case JT goes down.

The key is they wanted someone I believe to get out to the second level from the RT spot, I think we are going to see a lot of screen plays this year. Swartz who is slow footed will get kicked inside would be my bet. I don't love nor do I hate the pick. I would give the pick a TBD but the cat does have great feet it shows up in his game.

All the big boys talk about how Beasley owned him and I don't see it. This cat has game and with his line versatility he at a minimum is solid insurance. I'm not so sure I would spend a 1st for insurance topped with some development but I don't see this team doing much this year anyway I have us at a solid 2-14 and getting our QB of the future in next years draft. That said I think this is a good time to shore up some areas for the future.

I also think Mack is going to be leaving after this season I think 2-14 or and outside shot at 5-11 will all but guarantee that.............. willynilly

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I was watching on ESPN and found it funny how one of the guys on the panel was questioning this pick. He's like, hey, they have a pro bowl center (paraphrasing)

Smart guy, didn't catch that this is a solid guard that switches to Center if Mack goes down or leaves next off season.

I like this pick as well.

Great, he's a solid Guard. We already have 2 very good Guards though. The only way this makes a lick of sense is if he can play RT better than Schwartz immediately.

I'm not sure he can't. But anyway, I like it as insurance for Mack if nothing else.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I like it as insurance for Mack if nothing else.

He will be much more then just insurance. He's fantastic at pass protection and run blocking. Exacley what is sorely needed up front.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle
Not a fan of picking a guy who isn't great at any position at 19. I wouldn't have drafted him at 43 much less 19. Hope I'm wrong.

You are. This year he was rated the best blocker in the ACC as a center. Last year he was rated the best blocker in the ACC as a LT.

I think we move him to RG, or maybe even RT and move Schwartz inside.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
This pick is pure insurance. He can play anywhere on the line. He will compete for RT/RG spots and probably just sit this year. But after what happened when Mack went down, I'm happy he's here. OMG McDonald... nuff said.

You don't pick "insurance" at 19 overall.

You don't need to believe me, when I say he's a project, take this scout's quote, which is attached to his profile at nfl.com:

Sources Tell Us "He plays tough, but I wouldn't call him an intimidator out there. He's a work in progress, but he's going to keep getting better as he learns how to play center." -- ACC defensive line coach

Last edited by DjangoBrown; 05/01/15 07:09 AM.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: jfanent
It doesn't make sense to address OL depth in the first round. If we're looking for a center to replace Mack, then draft a center, not a jack of all trades/master of none. We spent a first round pick to plug a hole if a starter goes down. Even if he beats out Schwartz or Grecco, was it worth that high of a price?

It always makes sense to address the OL...the kid will start at RT and is big time insurance at the Center position if Mack Walks he was the hands down best Center in the draft but can play any position. I hope Mack stays then we have a kid who can play LT if the need arises as well as start at RT.

It was a very safe pick. We didn't take him to Sit - true there is no need to rush him to start as we have no HOLES on the OL. Next season we only have ONE first round pick we don't wish to feel the NEED to take a Center if Mack leaves us.

This year it was just about where he was slotted.

You all scared Farmer so so much with his first round picks that he went SAFE...lol laugh

Got news for you NT was a hole and QB is another - we don't have that many holes. Next season we are losing one or both...Mack and/or Schwartz...future hole plugged.
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
this is a solid pick...

If Mack leaves the need is obvious, if Mack stays then we are not held to the fire needing to over pay for Schwartz who is going to be a FA.

WE can slap a 2nd round tender on MS and let someone else overpay for him.

Yeah in a way its insurance...insurance we are not scrambling to replace Mack or MS, we can dictate ( at least in part).

Solid pick for the present with an eye to the future... smart

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Of course he has much to learn at Center DJ, it was his first year there and we have at least a year for him to learn from one of the best.

Any player starting at a new position is going to have a learning curve, where he is not a project is at G / T

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A lot of posters are making statements about the player's abilities that aren't supported by the facts. This is a very good football player. I've included an evaluation that I found to be balanced and well reasoned. It says what I'd like to say and does so with greater depth than I am able to do.

link

2015 NFL Draft Preview: OL Cameron Erving
Posted April 5, 2015 · Add Comment
0 0 Share0 Share0 0 0

The Sports Quotient’s annual Draft Preview series returns! Over the course of the 10 weeks leading up to the 2015 NFL Draft, we will take a look at the top NFL prospects at each position. This seventh week, the focus is on offensive linemen. Our O-line prospect today is Cameron Erving out of Florida State.

College Career

After entering FSU as a redshirt defensive tackle, Erving would go on to make quite the impact on the other side of the ball for the Seminoles. The switch to offense in Erving’s sophomore season payed early benefits for Coach Jimbo Fisher. The big mauler started in all 14 games at left tackle and continued to improve as the season rolled on. For the next two years in Tallahassee, Erving would establish himself as one of the premier offensive linemen in college football. He was the Jacobs Blocking Trophy winner in both 2013 and 2014, which is given to the best blocker in the conference. Erving received All-ACC First-Team accolades for both his junior and senior seasons as well, but he also notched second-team honors as a senior at the center position. He started the first nine games at left tackle in 2014 before he moved to center for the last five. The transition proved to be flawless.

Pros

There are not many guys who have the capability of playing every position on the offensive line, but that is the type of versatility Erving brings to the table. With experience at both LT and C in college, the former Seminole proved he can protect a quarterback’s blind-side or be the leader of the entire offensive line. If he was able to transition to these two spots so effortlessly, playing guard in a pinch would be no issue in the big leagues.

As a pass blocker, this is a prospect who is ahead of the game. This 6’5″, 313 lb. monster is a true technician who knows how to utilize his powerful strength in his favor. He does a great job of keeping his hands on the inside of pass rushers in order to control and steer them accordingly. Once he locks in on a defender’s core, it is game over. Erving also does a tremendous job of anchoring (see #75 below), meaning that when he is tested with a bull rush/power move, he can hold his ground while planted and use his length and power. In the run department, the big guy takes care of his assignments and gets the job done. He has the athleticism to reach the second level and get his head out in front down the line in a zone-blocking scheme. Overall, you know what you are getting with Erving, he is very consistent. His skill set projects him best as a center, but if you needed anymore convincing, watch what Erving at left tackle against a top pass rusher in this year’s draft, Virginia’s Eli Harold.

Cons

Erving is pretty polished as he heads into the pros, but there are a few areas of his game that hamper him. Pass rushers who rely on speed pose problems for Erving, especially when he was playing left tackle. He was beat off the edge often and had to recover to save his quarterback. The foot speed lacked in these situations, and that is why he is projected to play center at the next level. His traits are just a better fit for the position overall. Another note: Erving is solid in the run game, but he needs to work on creating more movement when he finds his assignment. Occasionally he would also miss some key blocks in the run game, but this is not a major concern.

Grade

Cameron Erving is one of the top interior lineman in this year’s draft, and his experience and ability to play another position on the line will prove to be valuable as teams consider him in the war room. Injuries happen in the NFL; there is just no way around them. Having a guy who could swing around the trenches and be good while doing so is a huge plus. Check him off in the size and strength department, but most importantly, he is a very fundamentally sound player. In terms of technique, the big fella is further developed than most that enter the draft this time of year. With a little coaching at the next level, Erving is destined to become a Pro Bowl caliber player. Looks like a late first round pick right now, but if he falls into the second, he shouldn’t last long.

Best Fit

A bunch of teams make sense for Erving with linemen always in demand. The Kansas City Chiefs are a team that desperately needs offensive line help after failing to protect Alex Smith last season. General manager John Dorsey brought in veteran guards Ben Grubbs and Paul Fanaika to sure up the line this off-season, but the Chiefs still have a hole at center after Rodney Hudson bolted to the Raiders in free agency. Erving could come in and help the Chiefs immensely early on while learning from a former offensive line coach in Andy Reid. Other teams that could use the FSU product’s services are Detroit, Arizona, and Carolina. Bruce Arians could certainly use a center in the desert while the Panthers and Lions would be open to using Erving just about anywhere as a swing guy.

Last edited by guard dawg; 05/01/15 07:50 AM.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I like the pick...with Mack wanting to leave, this guy can be developed to replace Mack or if Mack stays, Erving has the athletic ability to play OG or OT.

Now I wonder, could Alex Mack be on the trading block...?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm not sure why people are actually angry over this pick. It's like they paid no attention to last season, at all.

It's clear we can't rely on solid Qb play so emphasis on the run game is high. We can't afford for our season to get derailed, again, because of one injury.

Plus, Mack and his agent likely went above and beyond to get some opt out clause in the contract. I like Mack, alot actuality, but if doesn't want to be here then good luck.

This was a solid selection. He can compete, get up to par and then when Mack leaves, it will be like we haven't even skipped a beat. Kid is about as flexible as can be for o-linemen, he can play all positions!

Again, love the pick.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If the Browns had drafted this way in 99, building the trenches first, I'd be willing to bet this organizations current history may have been different.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
You don't pick "insurance" at 19 overall.

I don't see him as primarily insurance. I see him as a starter THIS year. Maybe he is the insurance policy on Mack's opt-out but if Mack stays, Erving value still remains. Can start anywhere and can shift to LT possibly if Thomas goes down. That's huge. The dude can play anywhere and I think that is rather rare. Hopefully the decision works out.

Lots of talk about Erving playing on the right side this year. I tend to agree.

Does he start over Greco at RG? Goes he start at RT over Schwartz? If so, does Schwartz move inside and Greco to the bench?

My knee jerk reaction is this:

Thomas-Bitonio-Mack-Erving-Schwartz

There has only been one other draft but last year Farmer hit a grand slam drafting Bitonio. Hopefully he did the same here with another o-lineman.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Gotta admit, that's the first thing I thought of. I like how this draft is going so far. They have stuck to their board and have not jumped the gun. They got two solid football players so far and that's all you can ask.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Greco is coming off a pretty good season at RG and Schwartz is an AVG RT.

Erving does have no chance to beat both imho unless this decision is already made. He should be nothing but a backup at OG, don't see his game translate to that position at all. He's strictly a C/RT for me with the best shot at C, but, as I said, a complete project there. At RT he will NOT upgrade on Schwartz, not even long term imho, much less for next season. He has already shown the same problems (vs speed, poor hand usage). Right now, he's a 6th OL, the very definition of an "insurance" selection. Could have found a player like that in FA, no need to invest a 1st on that profile.

His "versatility" is both his biggest strength and weakness, if that does make sense

Last edited by DjangoBrown; 05/01/15 08:35 AM.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I feel this is a solid pick also. He is a good young player who will only get better. There is a good chance Mack does leave next year and we have been fortunate with JT so far, no injuries. We can fill our other needs in the next few rounds.

F
Legend
Legend
F
jc

I am just happy we didn't sell the farm for a project or fragile QB. smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
Greco is coming off a pretty good season at RG and Schwartz is an AVG RT.

Erving does have no chance to beat both imho unless this decision is already made. He should be nothing but a backup at OG, don't see his game translate to that position at all. He's strictly a C/RT for me with the best shot at C, but, as I said, a complete project there. At RT he will NOT upgrade on Schwartz, not even long term imho, much less for next season. He has already shown the same problems (vs speed, poor hand usage). Right now, he's a 6th OL, the very definition of an "insurance" selection. Could have found a player like that in FA, no need to invest a 1st on that profile.

His "versatility" is both his biggest strength and weakness, if that does make sense

I agree Greco had a good season and I also agree (although re-wording what you said) that Schwartz isn't the best RT in the land but I put him a notch or two above just "average".

I think Greco's play diminished noticeably during the second half of the season. I'll admit you have most likely watch more film on Erving and I understand your comment about his versatility can be a weakness---like a jack of all trades, master of none type of thing-- but, IMO, I see him very valuable inside no matter at C or G and someone who can improve our run game, which I thought we slowed up on between the tackles as the season wore on. That's why I think he can potentially upgrade over Greco and stay there if Mack stays. If Mack leaves, we don't skip a beat.

I understand the 'reach' angle although I don't subscribe to that term as many others do. If a GM likes a player, take him. He just will need to be correct, especially in the first round.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think so to. I think we got 2 of our top 5 players in the first round. They must of have had him rated pretty high to take him there. Most mocks that I saw had him rated in the 20's. I agree though, If the FO liked him then go get him. It would be silly to wait and hope he might drop down to say 23 - 25. Just get him, and we did.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Haven't posted yet.

I love this pick.

Cameron Erving fills an immediate need and can provide competition at RG and RT.

I was thinking we might go pass rusher at #19 because Bud Dupree was still available, but there is nothing wrong with upgrading the trenches.

Personally I hope Erving can step in and play RT right away.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
L
Legend
Legend
L
all I know is Pittsburgh took Dupree and Ravens took Perriman, both who were available when we took this second round project. Thats why they are perennial playoff teams and the draft is our super bowl. Dumb pick, doesn't even help this year.. The only spot we had an opening was RT or RG, and he's played neither of those positions..

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
The only spot we had an opening was RT or RG, and he's played neither of those positions..

And if I'm not mistaken Bitonio never played LG until he came to Cleveland. That seemed to work out well, so far.

Tackles are tackles.
E
Legend
Legend
E
At RT he will NOT upgrade on Schwartz, not even long term imho, much less for next season.

DJ actually everything that has been analyzed on him is he has excellent technique for RT and especially in Pass Pro - Footwork and Technique which btw happens to be the negative on Schwartz - he is decent on the run blocking - can be improved with better lateral technique for our ZBS. But its the pass blocking where Erving should BEAT HIM OUT. Why do you state the only way he starts at RT will not be Earned just given to him. I think you are missing the boat. on both our first round picks.

True these are not SEXY picks (so to say) but they are solid ball players who should stay and provide impact to us for quite a while.

Also don't know who stated but Tagging Schwarts with 2nd round would be great idea thumbsup One question with the new CBA are we allowed to tag 4 year players?

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: eotab
At RT he will NOT upgrade on Schwartz, not even long term imho, much less for next season.

DJ actually everything that has been analyzed on him is he has excellent technique for RT and especially in Pass Pro - Footwork and Technique which btw happens to be the negative on Schwartz - he is decent on the run blocking - can be improved with better lateral technique for our ZBS. But its the pass blocking where Erving should BEAT HIM OUT. Why do you state the only way he starts at RT will not be Earned just given to him. I think you are missing the boat. on both our first round picks.

True these are not SEXY picks (so to say) but they are solid ball players who should stay and provide impact to us for quite a while.

Also don't know who stated but Tagging Schwarts with 2nd round would be great idea thumbsup One question with the new CBA are we allowed to tag 4 year players?

Actually, I've seen the opposite....very, very good in run blocking and can struggle with outside pass rush at times.

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
all I know is Pittsburgh took Dupree and Ravens took Perriman, both who were available when we took this second round project. Thats why they are perennial playoff teams and the draft is our super bowl. Dumb pick, doesn't even help this year.. The only spot we had an opening was RT or RG, and he's played neither of those positions..

And like clockwork, you can predict who will be negative.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm loving all the guys who are angry right now. rofl

Erving is an insurance policy for Alex Mack should he chose to leave next year, and he's a kid who they can insert right in at right guard. Prior to last season, Joel Bitonio had never played guard (neither had Zach Martin for Dallas) and look how that worked out. thumbsup

You can never go wrong upgrading in the trenches.

Someone spew off the star receivers for New England and Seattle......

Exactly.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I think Erving will play RG this year. I feel Erving is not a project. Next year he will play C when Mack leaves. This is the bad part of football, the business part. We had to protect ourselves and pick a C, which we did. Not only for next year, but if Mack does not come back form this injury we are covered. We were not prepared last year when we lost Mack and see what happened. All in all I am ok with the pick. I do think we can get a very good receiver in rd 2 or 3. We may also get a very good edge rusher in rd 2 or 3.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Memphis I haven't watched film enough to be any expert on him. Going mostly on the Pro's n Con's scouting reports on him. I like our scouts and OL coaches regarding OL...I like Bitonio and I like the kid we had on IR all year Chris something from the Seahawks. For us to take him at 19 with NO URGENT Need got to rely on their judgment.

jmho...well mostly our Coaching staff and Scouting staff's opinion. wink

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With Gilbert, I did not watch a lot of him but I saw a lot that i liked but the big worry i had was he was constantly giving up to much cushion. That was his problem this year as well.

Erving when at tackle would get his feet in position but had a tendency to reach at times instead of allowing the defender to commit. Its a technique thing that can be improved upon but takes time. At guard this is not an issue and he could be a terror in those zone stretch plays. Hey at the end of the day we have either Grecco or Schwartz as our 6th man we improved. We had the worst 2nd team OL i have ever seen last year and that was including 99. Those guys were horrid and horrid against 3rd stringers.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 Browns draft Cameron Erving with the 19th pick.

Link Copied to Clipboard