Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Link

A former Houston Texans wide receiver is missing after he went overboard from a pleasure boat on a lake in Collin County.
JaJuan Dawson, 37, was reported missing by wife about 6:30 p.m. Sunday at Lake Lavon north of Dallas, said Lt. Chris Havey, a spokesman for the Collin County Sheriff's Office.
Havey said Dawson was on board a boat with his wife when he either jumped or fell into the water. He never resurfaced after going overboard. Three children were on the boat with the couple. It was not known if the children were related to the couple.
Havey said divers as well searchers in boats combed the lake until about 11 p.m. Sunday but found no trace of Dawson. The search resumed about 7:20 a.m. Monday. So far Dawson has not been seen.
Dawson was born in Houston, and attended college at Tulane where he played wide receiver for the Green Waves football team.
In 2000, he was drafted in the 3rd round (79th overall) of the NFL Draft by the Cleveland Browns. He played in only 16 games for the Browns over the next two seasons, scoring twice on only 31 receptions, before moving on to the Texans in 2002.
With Houston, Dawson started 14 games and had 21 receptions, but never found the endzone. He briefly joined the Indianapolis Colts in 2003, but never saw playing time.
According to a LinkedIn profile, he has worked in sales for medical supply companies in Houston and Dallas since leaving the NFL.
John Boyd contributed to this report.

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Back when I was like 12-13 years old I attended training camp when he was on the team ... he randomly picked me out and brought me onto the field to get autographs/pictures with the players ... such a cool thing for him to do

This is sad to hear ... hopefully it doesn't have a sad ending

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1st String
1st String
Hope that they can find him and have a happy ending too!

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Glad you had nice experience with him....you better get ready for sad ending. How anyone can get on a boat and go out into deep water not knowing how to swim is beyond me. This happens over and over again, why can't they put on a lifer perserver.....that is sad.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
frown

I thought about him the other day.

Legend
Legend
Wow, I hope that he managed to swim somewhere safe.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
YTBrownsFan, JFYI, Washington quote is at least questionable....check this out...This is a misquotation of a saying attributed to Washington by James K. Paulding in a children’s biography of Washington: “It is impossible to govern the universe without the aid of a Supreme Being”. Paulding insisted in his preface that he got his material from people who had known Washington, and maybe he did, but as he chose not to give his sources, it remains an unverified claim. In any case this rewritten version is manifestly fake. Go Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
I'll change it to a better one then. wink (From a Thanksgiving proclamation)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
I heard about this the other day from a few of his friends who played with him on the Browns. Please keep him, his, family, and friends in your prayers. Any time they are sending out divers to look for people in the water, they are not looking for somebody still alive frown

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
They found a body believed to be his.

link

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

link

It's a shame.

Someone above said something about jumping in the water when one can't swim. The article said Dawson was described as being a strong swimmer. Where did the "can't swim" come from?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Wow, what a shame, and with the family on-board at the time.

What I don't get is he jumped off and never resurfaced? And then no one jumped in after him?

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Oh man, my prayers and condolences to the family. frown

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

link

It's a shame.

Someone above said something about jumping in the water when one can't swim. The article said Dawson was described as being a strong swimmer. Where did the "can't swim" come from?

The first article I read said he could not swim, but his one says he was a strong swimmer, perhaps he got caught on debris on the bottom, though that seems kind of odd.

It is amazing to me how many people drown in this area that can NOT swim... when I was growing up it in Ohio was considered a given you could swim and drownings were very rare. Guess just more folks in and on the water nowadays.

Very, very sad

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Wow, what a shame, and with the family on-board at the time.

What I don't get is he jumped off and never resurfaced? And then no one jumped in after him?

I guess wife and kids could not swim... imagine that feeling of helplessness when he did not re-surface...living with that nightmare / regret will be hard for years to come.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
It's sad.. So very sad for his family....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
How terrible! Such a nice guy.

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
JuJu was one of the favorites on this board back in the day. I think one of Diam's favorites.

Now not to be crude but do we expect the wife to have something to do with this as in the opposite case almost always the Husband ends up the mix of thing?

No blood seen by the witness so maybe he hit his head when he fell in?

Shame things like this happen. Hope some way he's okay but doubt it.

Last edited by eotab; 07/14/15 03:11 PM.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well it looks like it's official.....

Former Cleveland Brown JaJuan Dawson Found Dead

TEXAS - Former Cleveland Brown WR JaJuan Dawson was found dead Monday evening in Lavon Lake, which is Northwest of Dallas, Texas.

The 37 year old Dawson was renting a boat on the lake along with three children and two other adults Sunday when he fell overboard. After a call to 911 authorities searched for Dawson until nearly midnight when they retired and resumed the next morning.

Dawson was not wearing a life preserver and his family was unsure whether or not he knew how to swim. Monday evening, using sonar, his body was found. Authorities say that alcohol was not believed to be involved.

Dawson was a third round pick by the Browns in 2000 out of Tulane University. He played for two seasons before returning to his hometown of Houston to play for the Texans in 2002. He finished his career with 52 catches, 664 yards and two touchdowns.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2015/7/14/8963529/former-cleveland-brown-jajuan-dawson-found-dead

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
rip JuJu ... a favorite of fans around here in the beginning

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don't remember him as I didn't start watching much until 2002ish (as I'm only 26) but none the less, it's really tragic, and really sad. I feel for his family. R.I.P.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Former Browns Player, JaJuan Dawson Missing

Link Copied to Clipboard