Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Legend
Legend
E
I think its hilarious...posters telling us how much West is a bum and now this trade if done by FARMER it is the worst ever... superconfused Sorry that is just silly.

1. Who needs 3 starting RBs??? We made our decision that Crowell will be our work horse...enough said. We got Duke and then a hard working Vet at the #3.

2. Its easy to raid a practice squad of somebody we like even better for number 3 if necessary. RB is the easiest position to fill especially if you WANT a #3 RB. We might even go with 2 and a FB? Get somebody on our practice squad we can bring up.

3. Chicago Bears...we know ONE RB...who are the other two.
Now you want 3 vying for the Go to back...

4. I think Wilbert Montgomery alluded to this all along as he kept stating he wants ONE RB to step up and become that Go To RB...We don't need 3

5. All we really now is that possibly he left to go get a medical. I think he will pass if that is the case probably gone. No sleuth here saw the pic and can tell where the flight went to???

This tells me we were going to cut him....that is what teams do try to trade a guy they are looking to cut. 3rd round pick by a regime to be cut loose this soon. Good for them its what we want - a team that isn't hung onto just cause we drafted them. Crowell who apparently is a better talent we lucked into took his place. Shows RB is not that rare position if we need one we can get one.

If they sign Rice??? don't know how I feel, he is young and his legs are fresh. He paid for slugging his fiance...he married her and lost a lot. As long as he is not a locker room cancer and can help the Browns I'm good with it.

But we don't necessarily need another RB.

Oh and my first post on the trade Trent:

I am so so happy cause I cannot remember trading a player from the clean up of another Regime getting a FIRST ROUNDER...and more n more looking so so lopsided

Last edited by eotab; 09/05/15 08:05 AM.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
What's silly will be your retake on this once it comes out that West hasn't been traded. rofl

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
make me lose my coffee this morning. Vers u ass lol rofl

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I haven't seen any evidence of this being true.

We are terrible
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Its not true someone panicked when they saw a pic of west at the airport and didnt realize many vets especially those that have secured their roster spot leave town for the weekend. Few want to be around the facility on cut day if they dont have to be.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I've checked with a few sources...not a word about West being traded.

Doesn't mean it might not be true..but at this point, there are "0" facts to back up the rumor.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Before commenting, I decided to check all the usual places for Browns news.. You know, the ones that would jump on this like a pack of crazed dogs.

Not a peep out of them.

I'm having a hard time believing it's true

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Before commenting, I decided to check all the usual places for Browns news.. You know, the ones that would jump on this like a pack of crazed dogs.

Not a peep out of them.

I'm having a hard time believing it's true

Me too. It makes no sense.

I could see is one of the backs had a huge preseason, and they needed to create a spot, but that has not been the case thus far.

Add in that we have had tons of nagging type injuries at the RB position, and I see no reason to expect that this is true. Further, reports have been consistent that West has really been working hard in the last 2 weeks.

I see no reason to believe that this is true.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I saw a pic of Tebow at the airport as well so obviously the browns have traded West for Tebow and they are truly 91% done with Johnny Manziel.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
I saw a pic of Tebow at the airport as well so obviously the browns have traded West for Tebow and they are truly 91% done with Johnny Manziel.

Well, there ya go. rofl

I saw that the Raiders want to trade or cut Christian Ponder. Any interest in him as a 3rd strong guy?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

E
Legend
Legend
E
How so? I'm stating why it might be. So because I went and took a logical explanation of what the reasoning would be for this to transpire.

No where am I saying - Great I wanted him gone.

Actually I see you had to come back cause you looked so so bad Dissing West throughout this training camp n now you say Farmer is WRONG in this decision...you are so bias it ain't funny frown not laughing guy.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Well, there ya go. rofl

I saw that the Raiders want to trade or cut Christian Ponder. Any interest in him as a 3rd strong guy?

Ponder is a young Josh McCown. That is not a good thing.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Browns fielding offers for West

Quote:
Could Cleveland Browns running back Terrance West be on the move?

A source familiar with the team's thinking told Around The NFL on Saturday that the Browns have fielded offers for the former third-round pick, which could make the final hours of Saturday's roster cut down rather interesting.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer suggested on Saturday that West was not safe from a potential cut, which may be why the team is looking to garner an offer first.

The team has yet to confirm any cuts.

Over 79 snaps this preseason, West racked up 113 yards over 31 carries. West has displayed some characteristics of a lead back, but is stuck in a rotation with Isaiah Crowell. Browns head coach Mike Pettine recently hinted that Crowell took the lead between both backs, and the team will eventually expect some production from rookie Duke Johnson. Johnson is currently going through concussion protocol.

West, who averaged almost four yards per carry during his rookie season in 2014, could be a valued asset depending on how teams stack their depth chart following roster downsizing.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Browns fielding offers for West

Quote:
Could Cleveland Browns running back Terrance West be on the move?

A source familiar with the team's thinking told Around The NFL on Saturday that the Browns have fielded offers for the former third-round pick, which could make the final hours of Saturday's roster cut down rather interesting.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer suggested on Saturday that West was not safe from a potential cut, which may be why the team is looking to garner an offer first.

The team has yet to confirm any cuts.

Over 79 snaps this preseason, West racked up 113 yards over 31 carries. West has displayed some characteristics of a lead back, but is stuck in a rotation with Isaiah Crowell. Browns head coach Mike Pettine recently hinted that Crowell took the lead between both backs, and the team will eventually expect some production from rookie Duke Johnson. Johnson is currently going through concussion protocol.

West, who averaged almost four yards per carry during his rookie season in 2014, could be a valued asset depending on how teams stack their depth chart following roster downsizing.

I was just reading about this on cleveland.com

I wonder what they'll do with him? (Hmmmmmmm, I wonder....)

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Thank goodness haha I feel somewhat vindicated, or at least not looking like an idiot for posting the original "rumor"

Nevertheless, I don't care if West is on the team

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Well, I guess more folks are talking about it now.. Maybe it's true... Not that he HAS been traded, but that he's "ON THE BLOCK"

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mary Kay is just retweeting your rumor.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Mary Kay is just retweeting your rumor.

I didn't know she cared so much about me tongue

Maybe I can get a date with her

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
not the first time the media has gained their info from this site

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sadly, I agree that West hasn't done enough on the field to solidify his spot. I like West's potential. I also like Crowell. The Crow hasn't shown enough either to be considered a indisputable lead RB, for the record.

I wholeheartedly disagree that West has been a cancer or a distraction.

For a player whose status is tenuous the team is correct to explore their options. At the same time a RB depth chart of Crowell, Johnson and Draughn does not inspire confidence. The team would have to bring in another back. Far from sure that it should be Ray Rice. More so because of his diminished production at the end of his tenure in Baltimore.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I think the Browns would much rather trade West than cut him, because they don't want him going to the Ravens. They did trade a 4th and a 6th to move up in the 3rd round of the 2014 draft to take West, reportedly just before the Ravens were going to take him.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
we could pick up one of the guys out there that outplays all our drafted backs...we had that with c. ogbinoya(sp), bobby rainy, fozzy whittaker.

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
my guess was atlanta. if he is traded.

I heard Terrence West was a part of Shanahan's PowerPoint presentation.

That would have been point #28.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dave
I think the Browns would much rather trade West than cut him, because they don't want him going to the Ravens. They did trade a 4th and a 6th to move up in the 3rd round of the 2014 draft to take West, reportedly just before the Ravens were going to take him.

If West isn't good enough to be on our roster then why should there be any consideration of who he might sign with if relaseed? Either he's a asset that has value to the Browns or not. At least that's how I see it.

On a related note now there is some talk that the team could be shopping him to the Texans who don't have much with Foster being unavailable.
Trading Terrance

Legend
Legend
J/C ..... I read something that said that the Browns asked for too much from the Cowboys for West ..... so the Browns could cut him instead.

That makes zero sense. If they are going to cut him anyway, then a conditional 7th round pick is better than nothing.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
J/C ..... I read something that said that the Browns asked for too much from the CowboThat makes zero sense. If they are going to cut him anyway, then a conditional 7th round pick is better than nothing.

That's what I was thinking. But maybe the Cowboys were thinking that a conditional 7 is too much........

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If Mary Kay is the main reporter saying the West is in danger of being cut then I don't put much faith in the report. Given our RB depth this doesn't make much sense to me unless the team has already made preliminary plans for his replacement. His training camp doesn't grade out to being a guy who is either traded or as a last resort cut as the report suggest. If that's the logic then Crowell's camp doesn't establish him as the clear lead back either.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
If Mary Kay is the main reporter saying the West is in danger of being cut then I don't put much faith in the report. Given our RB depth this doesn't make much sense to me unless the team has already made preliminary plans for his replacement.

maybe he ask to be traded? after pettin named crow the starter?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
TWEST ‏ @ Terrancewest_28 43s 44 seconds ago

Excited 😁

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Thats too hypothetical for my taste. There's absolutely nothing to support that speculation. When something remotely resembling a fact related to that becomes available, I might have some opinion on it. Until then, pursue all the SWAG you're comfortable with.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
TWEST ‏ @ Terrancewest_28 43s 44 seconds ago

Excited 😁

WEST ‏@Terrancewest_28 54m54 minutes ago
This is a great pop warner game man

he is talking about a pop warner game lol

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
C
Legend
Legend
C
If Mary Kay is the main reporter saying the West is in danger of being cut then I don't put much faith in the report.

She is not.

Legend
Legend
From the article you posted:

Quote:
A source familiar with the team's thinking told Around The NFL on Saturday that the Browns have fielded offers for the former third-round pick.

Fielding offers is different than shopping a guy around.

Just saying....

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wonder if we are hitting grounders or Fly balls ?

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I think West has an attitude problem, didn't he get suspended for a game last year or wasn't allowed to dress for the game something like that? Not to mention he still dances around too much, I'm not sad to see him go. If he is traded we will certainly have to sign another back yes? The chances of a Rice signing have just gone up, if not who will we get?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If Mary Kay is the main reporter saying the West is in danger of being cut then I don't put much faith in the report.

She is not.

Perhaps this is all moot now that the regular season 53 has been announced. Most often these reports start with the local beat writer then the get picked up by national press who summarize, paraphrase and make assumptions based on the earliest reports. MKC seems to be the culprit at least in terms of lending credence to this story.

I don't think roster moves are over and it's still possible the team deals West. At the moment it would seem that MKC's sources have not been reliable, again.

Legend
Legend

She is not.

Perhaps this is all moot now that the regular season 53 has been announced. Most often these reports start with the local beat writer then the get picked up by national press who summarize, paraphrase and make assumptions based on the earliest reports. MKC seems to be the culprit at least in terms of lending credence to this story.

I don't think roster moves are over and it's still possible the team deals West. At the moment it would seem that MKC's sources have not been reliable, again.

Once more, as in the very post you quoted, she is not the source of the information ... but rather she just relayed what someone else had written. (similar to the ESPN "NFL Insiders", who pick up a report from the wire, and then we hear "According to NFL Insider So And So .... "

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
If Mary Kay is the main reporter saying the West is in danger of being cut then I don't put much faith in the report. Given our RB depth this doesn't make much sense to me unless the team has already made preliminary plans for his replacement.

That's a very possible theory, kind of like the Phil Taylor situation.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Knight
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

That's a very possible theory, kind of like the Phil Taylor situation.

That would be hilarious. West has accomplished nothing to deserve that right.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
People got to stop making things up. Nowhere has it been said he wanted traded, that was mentioned here by someone. All that was said was that Dallas inquired about him and we wanted too much for him. Definitely doesn't sound to me like he's being shopped around.

I hate that people make speculations, and others take it as fact. IMO, he is wanted here, or he would have been sent to Dallas.

This is why I hate Twitter. People tweet crap out very quickly without thinking, and others take it as fact.

Last edited by E.Ryze19; 09/05/15 07:55 PM.

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Terrance West Traded?

Link Copied to Clipboard