Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
With apologies to Diam.. it's time! (Holy moly I'm a poet)

Preseason is in the rear view mirror boy and girls, 53 man is set, practice squad is set.. Text is ready to serve his suspension and you all are ready to give up yo season preddy's.. the usual rules apply.. just tell us what you thinks gonna happen.. whats the record gonna be and why?

No attacks.. leave the snides for another thread.. keep it clean and informative.

As for me.. I'm thinking 6 - 10 with the majority of the wins mid to late season as the team begins to gell and coaching begins to figure out what they are doing.

I think the QB position is very average and I believe the RB coach Montgomery when he says he's not happy with the RB's

I don't think we have any bona fide stars on offense.. no home run threats (I wish I could say Benjamin tho.. he's fun to watch but I remember the drops)

I could go on.. but it's time for my mate from down under to tell me his preddy..

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
V
Legend
Legend
V
5 and 11.

We are poor at qb, wr, and rb.

We kept 4 TEs and a FB, but none of them are very good.

We have no depth on the OL.

We have a very good starting OL.

Our DL should be good.

Our corners are weaker than last year, but not bad.

Our starting safeties are pretty good.

Who is our kicker?

Our punter is pretty good.

Return game is a huge question mark.

Playing like a Brown seems hollow at this point. It could hurt locker room chemistry. Keeping stiffs like Bowe and Pryor over a guy like Lentz won't sit well w/established vets like Whit, Hartline, and Dansby.

--Did I mention we have the worst qb situation in the league?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
0-16. Is that clean and informative enough for you?

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I'm going to go with 7-9. I think we're better overall on paper than we have been in the past, but have what seems to be a tough schedule - so I'm going to even it out in the end.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I bet they win more than zero games. I will give you 10 to 1 odds. Right now. I will put up $10,000. You can have it if the Browns don't win a game. You give me $1,000 if they do win a game?

Deal?

If not, shut the hell up w/your nonsense.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I see about 4-6 wins..

I believe we have bottom 3 talent at QB, TE, and probably RB too..Our WR has depth, but at top is still rather weak...

I believe we will still have problems rushing the passer with our LBs...I don't see a top 5 defense at all...not with O'Neil at least...He will be gone next year...can't say I have much faith in Flip...but by all means I hope he pulls it off.

I believe Farmer will be gone in addition...

Shame as I really do like Pettine

C
Legend
Legend
C
4-12.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
we have at best 7 wins.
we have one of the hardest schedules in the NFL
We have 6 OL
We have 2 WR's
we don't have solid group of LB's
cutting phil was dumb.
We don't have a true RB
We don't have a pass catching TE

5-11 is real.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
9-7.

The defense takes the next step towards being a dominant unit, special teams improve further, and the offense does enough to win games.

I do think that Manziel will wind up starting 4 or more games.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
8 - 8

The Defense will keep the team in games.. even win some games for the offense. I think the offense is better than most give credit for. Should go at least 3 - 3 against the division, Jets, Titans, Raiders, 49ers, Rams and Chiefs are all winnable games. I can see anything between 6 - 10 to 9 - 7. So will settle on 8 - 8 as my prediction.

Last edited by Halfback32; 09/07/15 12:58 AM.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
R
Legend
Legend
R
5 - 11

McCown.

Zero excitement for the season for me. In a lot of ways I just want to get it over with.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Traditional thread is traditional. Used to be a mainstay, often worthy of the Archive; looks like it's degenerating into a threadcrap which is unfortunate.

For old times sake, I'll get traditional. Browns fans are usually like that.

Jets. Win. Just got a feeling we been holding stuff back. Won't be easy but a couple of special plays here and there and we are in business.

Titans at home. Do to Mariota what they did to Winston. Lock down his receivers, keep him contained, get to him. We roll at home.

Raiders. Confidence high and we go 3 straight. Just as well as I think we lose the next 3. Chargers, Rats and Broncos.

I think we bounce back and go on a run. v the Rams, the Cards, Bengals at home and I think we do the Steelers at their place and Rats at home Bengals in Cinci we lose. Take the Niners, lose the next 2 and finish by sweeping the Steelers.

So. 10 wins. 6 losses. In the division we split with Bengals and Ravens and sweep the Steelers.
I think we see Johnny at some point. Hoping he shows enough to earn it if McCown shows suckitude games 4-6 or if he keeps taking shots like he has he will be knocked out of the game.

Every team suffers with depth to some degree in varying positions. The only thing our divisional rivals have over us is no question marks under centre (is that really important?? J/k) steelers losing Pouncey is huuuuuge.
Buckle up. We're tied for the division lead folks. naughtydevil

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Riddler
Traditional thread is traditional. Used to be a mainstay, often worthy of the Archive; looks like it's degenerating into a threadcrap which is unfortunate.

I agree Riddler. This thread used to be a mainstay and something we would take seriously and archive for later use.

I'll put some thought into mine and post in a little while.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I will stick with my 2-14 prediction with train wreck QBing.

When I look at our schedule and how weak we are at the QB spot 2 wins maybe if Johnny plays 4 but as of this moment 2 wins.

SAD

Oh and Flip will get canned for the McCown move. This fan base is teetering on flipping on Text as is after the drafts he has had.

2 -1sts last year and not a starter, 2 1st this year and we look LIKE we may have one starter, and with West being shipped out of town well you get the point the fan base is going to turn on this bunch and Flip will be the sacrificial lamb...

This is going to be U-G-L-Y.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
10-6, I just feel like they will improve a little bit from last year. If we stay healthy I think that translates to 2 more outright wins. Giving the 10th win on hoping the ball finally bounces our way in a close one.

B
Legend
Legend
B
9-7

We will get decent QB play and our backs will run as advertised. The D will figure out how to blitz and not block each other increasing our sack totals.

Lots of fairly low scoring, close games. To reach the 9 wins, our kicker has to keep making kicks. He is going to get a good number of fieldgoal attempts.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
haha it's strange to see our record ranging from playoffs to 2-14

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

It's probably floor/ceiling. It has the potential to be anywhere between 2-10 wins. Good, improving team with questions in skills positions and a lack of depth. If the QB position gives us the same production as we had last year (the beginning to mid), we could make some noise if the O line stays together (how many ifs??) it could turn pretty poo pretty fast lol.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Our record will be better than last year. The roster is stronger and better. We won't (I hope) be so adversely affected by injuries at key positions. Schedule is tougher - but Pet and Farmer are in year 2, better chemistry and Farmer learning from mistakes. Likewise Pet learning from some of his game day clock management mistakes last year and improving. No Hoyer meltdown 60% of the way through the season forgetting how to play QB. Average QB play from McCowan - solid play calling from Flip. Finally - a Top 6 defense which is the key to everything.

Jets - W
Titans - W
Raiders - W
Chargers - L
Ravens - L
Denver - L (though I have hopes)
Rams - 50/50 - could be W or L
Cardinals - W
Bengals - L (Short week and away)
Squeelers - L
Ravens - 50/50 - coming off break and at home W/L
Bengals - W
49ers - W
Seahawks - L
Chiefs - W
Steelers - L (again I will have hopes).

7-9, 8-8 or 9-7 depending on the games against Rams and the home game vs the Ravens.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Between 7-9 wins.

Our defence will keep us in a lot of games and if we can run the ball effectively so that play action can work, we might be able to grind out enough drives to win some close ones.
I'm just real unsure about our RB group although I think we'll have a good OL if - IF - they can stay healthy.

I don't have a lot of faith in McCown so hopefully Manziel takes over and is the QB we desperately need him to be. McCown is a career backup and is 36. Not real promising.

Shelton wins DROY, we are in top 3 in team INTs; our secondary will de shutdown.

Our O will not have a dominant WR (screw you, josh Gordon) so we will have to spear the ball around.
I see our TEs catching 60-80 between em.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
11 wins we are swept by Ravens, lose to the chargers, Chiefs and Seahawks

On the low end

U
All Pro
All Pro
U
5-11

And that's only if the Browns start 3-0 against the Jets, Titans, and Raiders. Over the last 13 games I don't see them winning more than 2. I think they lose every away game during that stretch, and at most can win 2 of the remaining home games against Denver, Arizona, Baltimore, Cincinnati, San Francisco, and Pittsburgh. Even that is probably optimistic.

I think the offense will be really bad because of well below average quarterback play. Until a QB steps up to at least average I don't see the offense doing much.

The defense will be good, although I expect the pass defense to not be as great as last year, so even if the run defense improves I think the defense as a whole will remain the same as last year.

So I expect a long year, but sure hope I'm wrong.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
3 13
No real playmaker on offense.McCown or Manziel will be the worst QB on the field no matter who they play.
Flip is still learning
This is passing league but Farmer doesn't know that
Defense isn't good enough to carry a offense you can find on the antiques road show.
Plus the other AFC North teams improved in the off season

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Low end 7-9; high end 10-6. I don't see us as a good matchup with the Jets, so we start off 0-1...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
8-8

Above average D and below average QB ...

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
4-12. Another new OC that's never been an OC, another new (old) qb, 2 new (old) WR's starting, RB's that haven't shown they can get the job done, questionable TE situation. Our D will keep us in games, but I don't see us being able to put up the points to win many. I see a 4-12 season. (Copied from the poll thread. My mind hasn't changed.)

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
4-12

We don't have any offensive weapons or that killer instinct/intensity to score TD's.
Add that to our tough schedule and it's just not going to end well.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
What I believe the ceiling is at this time, which will be my prediction, is 6-10.

I don't see us having a legitimate NFL caliber starting QB and other than Hartline, I don't see anything special among our WR's. I like the Crow's style, but he's far from being a proven NFL RB and Duke is a RB I have durability concerns about.

I believe we will be better against the run but not a lot better. While I believe Shelton will help shore up the inside, I haven't seen anything to indicate our OLB's can seal the edge with containment.

Although many others are sold, I believe the legs of Tramon Williams have seen their better days and people will be missing Skrine by mid season. With opposing O's throwing away from Haden, they will be challenging Williams early and often, so we will know soon.

If we had the same schedule as last year, I would probably say 8-8. But we don't.

6-10

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
8-8, slow and steady improvement until we sign the franchise QB. This will actually be a much better season than last year despite the record because of the tougher schedule.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Good post Pit.

Not really sure about Tramon Williams.

In the end analysis outside of the DB unit I just don't see playmakers.

We have no sack monster.

The receivers as a unit will scare nobody.

The RB's are young and unproven.

The lines on both sides are improved.

The issue will be as it has been: can the Browns score points late to win games?

Quarterback play and skill offensive positions leave little hope.
[/color]

Legend
Legend

For the record I like Pettine.

If the Browns win eight games he should be a candidate for coach of the year.

Once gain it looks like a losing season.

6-10.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I figure if we win five games we will be lucky. We aren't playing the NFC South this year, we're playing a REAL division. We won't run the ball as well as last year. And we have a QB that's lost twice as much as he's won. Backed up by Johnny Fragile. We scored 16 rushing TDS last year, it would not surprise me if we only scored half of that this year. We have no real threat in the passing game. And no quarterback to speak of. This could be a very ugly season. We play some really good teams this year.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
5-11

No QB threat
No RB threat
No TE threat
No WR threat
Solid OL IF no one gets hurt
Solid DL
Questionable LB
Decent DB
Pro Bowl P?
Our K probably not on roster yet

Defense will repeatedly get tired due to our inability to possess and move the ball.

I like Pettine. The line of scrimmage is shaping up. At some point someone in Berea is going to have to get serious about the offensive side of the ball. The coaching staff is being asked to do way to much with way too little. But hey, we have really cool new uniforms (which suck for the record).

I won't be wasting any money on this "NFL product" this season so thanks for that I guess.

Another last place finish in the AFC North. Woohoo!

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
M
Legend
Legend
M
5-11.

1-5 in the division.

We severely lack offensive talent.

I see the DL as the only unit where there has been a noticeable upgrade that will lead to an impact on game day. Still, not enough to overcome the offensive deficiencies.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
0-16. Is that clean and informative enough for you?

nanner rofl

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
7 wins.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Incorrect. I predicted ZERO.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

Incorrect. I predicted ZERO.

Well I just assumed everyone just assumed that tongue

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dawgs...I am seriously picking 6-10....arghhhh.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
7-9...

I think we'll split with Bengals, Pitt, Rats

Maybe get wins again OAK, TEN and STL

and we'll get 1 random head scratcher, it will probably be something stupid like the Seahawks.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Come one.. come all.. let hear da predictions!

Link Copied to Clipboard