Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Was it Loggains on the plane last season when JM or Gordon failed a breathalyzer after some pics were posted or something.. Gosh i can't remember..

Was the coach drinking or was it because he didnt stop it ?

It was the WR coach on that plane.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thats right.. Mike Mcdaniel... Thanks Ytown couldnt think of it

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Peggy GallekVerified account ‏ @ PeggySinkovich

Fox 8 I-Team learned Berea police investigating Andrew Moeller for an alleged assault that happened this weekend.

0% chance of Ray Rice now.

GOOD! I've been a fan of this team a long time. I didn't get to see Jim Brown play, but I DID get to see Leroy Kelly play. I've been through the Mike Phipps debacle, Red Right 88, etc. etc. And I swear, if they sign Ray Rice I will stop being a Browns fan. Ray Rice is a POS. Period.I'd rather watch them lose 16 games this season than have him on the team.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It really amazes me sometimes that booze is legal and grass isn't. You never see anyone starting crap or assaulting someone on grass.... They're too busy trying to find some tunes on the radio, or starring off into space smile

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
GOOD! I've been a fan of this team a long time. I didn't get to see Jim Brown play, but I DID get to see Leroy Kelly play. I've been through the Mike Phipps debacle, Red Right 88, etc. etc. And I swear, if they sign Ray Rice I will stop being a Browns fan. Ray Rice is a POS. Period.I'd rather watch them lose 16 games this season than have him on the team.

Irony.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
I a so , so , so tired of this Team being an NFL Joke !

I think you guys make a bit too much of this. Outside of us, nobody really cares about the Browns. Also, this isn't really a team issue.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I think you guys make a bit too much of this. Outside of us, nobody really cares about the Browns. Also, this isn't really a team issue.

Correct. It was a dumb ass move by a dumb ass, being dealt with and moved on from. He'll hardly be missed and his departure won't affect a thing. Every team has at least one dumb ass waiting to implode.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Quote:
The police report confirms that a female called and reported an assault. No initial injuries observed. Conflicting reports on what happened.

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

Correct. It was a dumb ass move by a dumb ass, being dealt with and moved on from. He'll hardly be missed and his departure won't affect a thing. Every team has at least one dumb ass waiting to implode.

If we are going to dismiss those that make too big a deal out of it, I don't think you can swing to the other side of the pendulum and say it won't affect a thing either. It will have an affect. How much is to be determined.

It's unfortunate but good franchises brush this stuff off and move forward. We are not a good franchise yet but maybe we are on our way.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
One more try .. What I am tired of is " being in the spot light in a negative way " .. Have been a Browns fan all my life ( I'm 67 ) .. Feel like I have earned the right to feel the way I feel , right ?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I believe it was dealt with swiftly, correctly and will have minimal impact, as the "next man up" approach applies here as well. Also, I think as they continue to build, the wheat will separate from the chaff and Pettine will assemble a staff to carry us forward. This culling, this thinning of the heard will ultimately prove to be a blessing.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well, we almost made it to the season without any more embarrassing Browns stories...

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Well, we almost made it to the season without any more embarrassing Browns stories...

Are you embarrassed? Afraid to show your face in public? Are your cheeks heating up? Moeller did something stupid and inappropriate and the team reacted accordingly. This is completely on him, not on the Browns.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
I believe it was dealt with swiftly, correctly and will have minimal impact, as the "next man up" approach applies here as well. Also, I think as they continue to build, the wheat will separate from the chaff and Pettine will assemble a staff to carry us forward. This culling, this thinning of the heard will ultimately prove to be a blessing.

You might be right about this but only if Haslam stays the course.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
First round draft pick trying to learn 4 or 5 positions on the line.

Three practice squad OL.

No OL coach.

Nice way to kick off the season.

Aren't we one of the few teams in the NFL carrying TWO OL COACHES?

George DeLeone was named Browns assistant offensive line coach on Feb. 6, 2014. DeLeone is a veteran coach of 42 seasons who has spent 37 years coaching on the collegiate level and five in the NFL.

DeLeone has coached in 12 bowl games, including the Fiesta, Sugar, Gator and Orange Bowls. On the professional level, he was the San Diego Chargers’ offensive line coach (1997) and the Miami Dolphins’ tight ends coach (2008-10).

Yep there he is. Domestic Violence would have gone on the news. Probably the DUI thing? Who knows...we suspended him not the NFL. I'm sure it will come out if the local Browns press actually do their job and investigate.

But we have a seamless turnover temporarily on the OL.

jmho - hope he gets help for whatever troubles him!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Looks like the woman has requested to have the charges dropped. From the first official police report:

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

If he doesn't, it all goes down the crapper, IMHO. If it's me, I'm giving these guys six years no matter what. That assumes we take a top tier QB in the draft and give him two years to develop, and giving Pettine & Farmer four years to build the team and change the culture. Let's see if Haslam has the stones to sit tight.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'd assume he'll get the same punishment as the Buffalo OL coach?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Just wish the stories would stop. We can't afford anymore negativity...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Are you embarrassed? Afraid to show your face in public? Are your cheeks heating up? Moeller did something stupid and inappropriate and the team reacted accordingly. This is completely on him, not on the Browns.

No, I'm proud, extremely proud.. proud of my team that can't win more than 5 games, proud that we are trading 3rd round picks 1 year into their rookie deals for a conditional 7th rounder, proud that our new 4th round pick can't even make the team, proud our OL coach is a dumbass, proud that our GM will start the season suspended for breaking stupid rules..... I mean how can one watch sports news and just not burst with pride every time the Browns logo comes up?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Well, hell, Haslam himself should have been on that thinning out list. JMHO

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Man, reading some of these responses you'd think the the team is tanking the season and all is lost.

Geez, quit cryin and cowboy up already...

I don't think it affects us much, in fact, let #2 show us something. It's just a dumb ass move, whatever it was.

Yup... a whole lotta mountains being made from a molehill here.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Well if the national media wasn't reporting it, you may have a point. And of course there's all of those other NFL teams who will start the season with their GM and a position coach under suspension.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The national media is reporting it because it's a story in a rather dead & quiet week leading up to kick-off, and it happens to be a story that very neatly fits the "if it bleeds, it leads" mantra. It's dirt... they love reporting dirt. That's all.

In terms of what it means for us as a team, this is pretty much meaningless. As is the suspension of Farmer.. .who cares if the GM is suspended for 4 games during the season? His work at this time of year is being done by scouts.

Browns is the Browns

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
.who cares if the GM is suspended for 4 games during the season? His work at this time of year is being done by scouts.

It's funny how teams talk about precautions, protocols and etc they take while playing New England to deter them cheating, yet the national media still wants to hang on Ray Farmer sending some text messages.

Now I'm saying what Ray did was wrong, but why cut us deeper than New England when, IMO, their crimes and allegations are far more serve to the league itself.

JMO

P
Legend
Legend
P
I do believe when being objective that this simply shows even more dysfunction. If not, what other NFL teams are in our situation?

Now how it actually impacts our team come game day may be little if any. That's not what I'm trying to imply. I'm saying it's embarrassing to see a continuing pattern of poor behavior and actions on the part of people paid to be teachers and examples to our players.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Now how it actually impacts our team come game day may be little if any.

Oh I don't know... our OL was supposed to be a strength and will now be, for some period of time, without their position coach... that seems like it could be kind of important.

Quote:
I'm saying it's embarrassing to see a continuing pattern of poor behavior and actions on the part of people paid to be teachers and examples to our players.

Exactly...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
j/c.....

I just read the ESPN article stating that it is allegedly assault on a woman in his home, but she has since dropped the charges. No charges are currently being pressed by the prosecutor. No real details, and police received conflicting reports of what happened.

Basically - there's not much here, and it could just as easily be a case of a gold digger trying to get leverage with someone "famous" as it could be him just being a creep with the ladies. Could also just be a regular old falling out.

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
Woman identifies herself as fiancee of suspended Browns O-line coach Andy Moeller during 911 call, says he ‘tried to strangle me and beat me up’

A woman who identified herself as the fianceé of suspended Browns offensive line coach Andy Moeller said during a disturbing 911 call he “tried to strangle me and beat me up” Saturday night at his home in Berea.

“I hate to do this to him, but you know what? I’m glad I made it out of there in time,” the woman, who identified herself as “Sandy,” said during the call.

The Berea Police Department released a recording of the call Tuesday afternoon.

The woman made the call at 9:06 p.m. Saturday, signed an assault complaint against Moeller at about midnight, then told authorities at approximately 7:55 a.m. Sunday she wanted to drop the charge, according to a report released by Berea police Tuesday.

Moeller hasn’t been arrested or charged. His name was redacted from the report, but the woman named him in the 911 call.

Now the case is in the hands of Berea prosecutor Jim Walters.

In a statement released Tuesday, Walters said his review of the police report “is likely to continue for a number of days,” after which he will decide whether to file charges against Moeller.

“If charges are issued, an announcement will be made at an appropriate time,” Walters said. “Since this is an ongoing investigation, and since no charges have been made at this time, no further information from the police report and no further investigative material will be released.”

Police were dispatched to Eastland Road at 9:08 p.m. Saturday because the woman reported an assault had occurred in Moeller’s home, which is near the road. The alleged victim had left the home and spoke to police on the road. Other officers spoke to Moeller at his home.

“There were conflicting stories of what had occurred,” the report reads.

There were no initial injuries observed, according to the report.

During the 911 call, the woman said she lives in Maryland but visits Moeller frequently.

“He’s my fiancé — not anymore, though,” she said.

Asked by the dispatcher what they were arguing about, the woman said, “I’m trying to think. I don’t even know what it was. I was on the phone talking to my son and he told me to be quiet, like, ‘Just shut up.’ ”

She said “maybe some alcohol ... probably some beer” was involved “but no drugs.”

The dispatcher asked the woman whether Moeller had been violent before.

“Yeah, well, I hate to say that. But, yeah, I’m sure,” she said.

The woman also said, “Tell him to just stop and not to hurt me. I kept saying stop. At least I got out of the house.”

The alleged victim was taken to a hotel in Middleburg Heights at her request. A few hours later, approximately at midnight, she contacted police and stated she still wanted to press charges and had an injury from the incident, which was not originally visible, according to the report. An officer went to the hotel, where the alleged victim signed an assault complaint.

At 7:55 a.m. Sunday, the officer returned to the hotel upon the woman’s request. She then stated she wanted to drop the assault charge and completed a second statement form.

The alleged victim was told the original complaint she signed would be forwarded to the prosecutor’s office for review, and no arrests would be made at the time.

The Browns released the following statement Monday: “Browns offensive line coach Andy Moeller has been suspended indefinitely by the team effective immediately. Over the weekend, Andy was involved in an incident, involving allegations that we take very seriously. We have followed our internal protocol, determining that right now it is best for the team and for Andy to take time away from the organization to focus on his personal matters. We are going to respect the process of investigation on this personal matter and will have no further comment at this time.”

The NFL suspended Moeller for two games in 2011 for violating the league’s personal conduct policy and fined him $47,000. The suspension stemmed from Moeller being found guilty of a driving while impaired by alcohol. At the time, it was his third alcohol-related arrest in a span of four years.

Moeller, 51, was then the Baltimore Ravens’ offensive line coach. He spent six seasons with the Ravens before joining the Browns last year.

Browns coach Mike Pettine said Monday assistant offensive line coach George DeLeone will fill in for Moeller, and senior offensive assistant Kurt Roper will also help with the O-line.

Nate Ulrich can be reached at nulrich@thebeaconjournal.com. Read the Browns blog at www.ohio.com/browns. Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ and on Facebook www.facebook.com/abj.sports.

In another report I saw, the investigation is ongoing and will be for days. Once you press charges for an assault or domestic violence, it's not up to you to drop charges. At that point, it's up to the DA. If it's true that this lady is his fiance', it's as likely she's trying to drop charges to protect him. Sort of like the Ray rice fiasco.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
ugh.....we are such a train wreck.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Perhaps the woman was drunk and lying. Perhaps they were both drunk and he did hit her. I don't know.

What I do know is that the Browns are always in the news for the wrong reasons.

It seems that regime doesn't value character. Farmer, Manziel, Gordon, Moeller, West, and Gilbert have all been in the news for the wrong reasons.

It bothers me that we have fans on this board who not only excuse this behavior, but have the nerve to call other posters "whiners" because the latter group is talking about a national report. Are you kidding me?

It seems that many of the guys who I think have poor character are the same guys always defending this FO and ripping other posters for having legitimate concerns.

This regime is a dumpster fire.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I think you're over-reacting. Let's blame farmer for josh Gordon's inability to put down the ganja.... let's blame him for the OL
Coach being a possible drunken woman-beater.... let's blame him for JFF (who might not have been his choice).... I don't love the guy and I see some validity to your arguments, but I also think you're being somewhat dramatic.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Here is a link to the 911 call from Moeller's finance after the incident.

Apparently she was talking too loud on the phone to her son for his liking.

911 Audio Link

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think some of you read what you wanna read. Where did I blame Farmer for all of that?

Look, if you like hearing news about our GM being suspended, our best WR being suspended, our RB being called a jerk and traded for nothing, our 1st round qb being in rehab, our 1st round cb saying he would rather sleep than study film, and our OL coach being involved in an assault case.......fine...........but, I don't think I am over-dramatizing things.

They actually happened. I am NOT making these things up. Hell...............you can't make that many things up.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just have a simple question to the posters on here...

If Mack stays healthy and the line performs well to great... Is that on Moeller ?

We saw the effects of losing Mack and experienced seeing the line struggle after his loss... Is that on Moeller ?

Is Moeller a good line coach or not.. One season in... I would grade him a C

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think he is a good OL coach. I just think that reading about that incident was troubling, especially since we have had so many other examples of poor behavior in the last two years.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

I'm guessing Moeller is done here in Cleveland. Especially, considering Jimmy Haslam's wife was appointed by the NFL commissioner to sit on a special advisory board to review and oversee personal misconduct policy and disciplinary action. This was established in the wake of the Ray Rice domestic violence case, if I recall.

Link

H
1st String
1st String
H
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think some of you read what you wanna read. Where did I blame Farmer for all of that?

Look, if you like hearing news about our GM being suspended, our best WR being suspended, our RB being called a jerk and traded for nothing, our 1st round qb being in rehab, our 1st round cb saying he would rather sleep than study film, and our OL coach being involved in an assault case.......fine...........but, I don't think I am over-dramatizing things.

They actually happened. I am NOT making these things up. Hell...............you can't make that many things up.

Well, I guess if you put it that way.
Made me chuckle like a little kid and and lady just shakes her head at me on the couch next to me

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Well if the national media wasn't reporting it, you may have a point. And of course there's all of those other NFL teams who will start the season with their GM and a position coach under suspension.

So explain to me how the GM has much to do with anything during the season any why our Asst. with 40some years experience can't carry on?

This is football. There is a plethora of experts just on this board who have never coached a down even in to HS. Why wouldn't people who have been in the game at various levels, including college and the pro's not be able?

I don't see a problem here.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
I agree with you.

What is the GM doing during the season?

Evaluating players. he can sit at home and do that just as well as he can sit in the box and do it.

The O line coach? We have assistant O line coaches. Next man up.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended

Link Copied to Clipboard