Next Thread
Print Thread
#997025 09/11/15 12:19 PM
W
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
W
Recently I have noticed while trying to read threads in the forums that the screen will jump back up to where one of the video ads are displayed. I have been trying for the last ten minutes to read a response in the Pryor thread. Within 30 seconds of me finally getting back to the response, it jumps back up to the same spot on the page. Is there anything that I can change in my settings or should I try using a different browser?

Any advice is appreciated. It's getting very frustrating...

#gmstrong.
D
Legend
Legend
D
There's nothing to do about it. It's the way advertising is setup when there's media/video or something to be played.

Best bet is to hit F5 or refresh the page and hope a different advertisement is loaded.

Maybe someone else knows something more.

D
Legend
Legend
D
There's a post on this in the Fan Feedback section I just saw. It isn't your machine it's global.

Legend
Legend
Someone posted a link to an ad blocker awhile back that seemed to fixed this issue for others. Maybe they'll post the link again here.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Use Maxthon. I don't even see video ads. laugh

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I use Google browser with AdBlock, I rarely see any ads either.

W
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
W
Thanks, guys!! I installed an ad blocker in Google Chrome and I don't see ads now.

#gmstrong.
Legend
Legend
I never even knew there were ads on this website until somebody brought it up!

The Maxthon browser that YTownBrownsFan spoke about is nice too. It's a multi-tap browser, which I like, but I cannot get the zoom size to stay at 110%, and I don't like having to click on the zoom for every web page I go on, so it's still Google Chrome for me.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20

The Maxthon browser that YTownBrownsFan spoke about is nice too. It's a multi-tap browser, which I like, but I cannot get the zoom size to stay at 110%, and I don't like having to click on the zoom for every web page I go on, so it's still Google Chrome for me.

In Maxthon, if you right click on the settings button (top right corner, 3 horizontal lines) and at the very top you can set your default zoom setting.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Adblock plus is good (I mostly use the Chrome browser), but a lot of times I actually keep it disabled.

In the situation you describe, I would hit the back button or X out. I won't view obnoxious advertising like that, even if I want to see the content.

With that said, I've never had any problems like that on this site.

Legend
Legend
It's happened to me as well. Each time I've closed the site and then reopened it back up and it works fine. Never really understood why.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20

In Maxthon, if you right click on the settings button (top right corner, 3 horizontal lines) and at the very top you can set your default zoom setting.

Do you mean the 'view' setting under menu? If so, I put the view setting to 110% - and as soon as I click off that website and go back on it's back to 100%. It's the same way with any site I go on. It's just temporary.

w/b and thanks!

Legend
Legend
Click on the "3 bars" icon in the upper right side of the browser window, just below the "X". Then click on "settings", which will open a full screen window. Then click on "Web Content", and at the top there will be a selection that says ""Page Zoom", with the default setting. Change it to 110%, (or whatever you want as a default) click on any blank area, and that will save your new default. New pages will default to 110% view. (or whatever you selected)

Legend
Legend
Thanks! 'Web Content' was one of the areas I didn't look under! Now I know. Maybe I'll try using that browser more often now. I like that it's a multi-tab browser... I used to use Slimbrowser, which is also multi-tab, but it's built over Internet Explorer and too easy to catch the nasties while surfing, so I don't use it anymore.

Thanks again!

Legend
Legend
You're welcome.

Maxthon was originally built over IE as well, but they have moved on from those early days. It loads faster than any of the browsers I have installed on my system, and I have Maxthon, IE, Edge, Opera, Firefox,and Chrome all installed,(mainly to test my church's website for compatibility) and it runs faster as well.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Computer Help Please!!

Link Copied to Clipboard