Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
This team is a dumpster fire, I thought McCown and Manziel we be our achilles heal..they seemed the only ones who wanted to win. Our running game is a joke, 44 freaking yards from our back, Crowell 12 for 20 yards...really?? The offensive line HAHAHA offensive is definately the word, couldn't pass block certainly couldn't run block and did everything in thier power to negate any positive play with some stupid penalty. Defense will stop the run this year...whatever we'll be last again. Secondary Haden looked liked Gilbert maybe shoulda put Gilbert in Marshall ate him alive. Noone else looked any better, Gipson wth? pick then stripped way to be a playmaker. Watch them put McCown back in next week should leave Johnny in the QB is the only one who can run and the receivers can't catch, at least he can rip off a few 20 yard runs at least till the Oline gets call for holding or something else stupid. Lee gets the game ball man that guy can punt!! Can't wait to get trolled by all my steeler friends, GO BROWNS!!!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DIEHARD
Is anyone really, honestly, surprised by this outcome?

Did I expect a loss? Yes. Did I expect a total meltdown and complete lack of effort/enthusiasm? No.

A caller on WKNR postgame made a good observation when he said before the game Pettine stated something along the lines of: 'we know we won't score on every possession..."

The point being that the leader of the Browns doesn't even have the attitude of "hell yeah, we plan on scoring on every drive."

The Browns coach already has a defeatist attitude before the team even takes the field. It's a microcosm of the prevailing attitude of the team and we saw it today on the field.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Pettine is not HC material. Hell he was barely DC material. There's a reason we were the only ones calling

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
For those who were complaining about the Browns letting Hoyer go ..... his very 1st pass as a Texan was picked off ...... and he was benched after leading the team to 6 pints in 3 1/2 quarters. Mallett then came in and led the team to 2 TDs.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
The TD pass to Benji was the highlight of the game for me. Besides that?

Horrible/Depressing/Disastrous/Sadness

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
The game is still going, but at 31-10, it's all but over.

Embarrassing. This is how you come out week 1? Ok, you lost your starting QB, however, your backup gave you a spark. Quarterback was the least of our worries today.

The offensive line in run-blocking was beyond horrible today. I don't care what kind of a front the Jets have. You want to sell the fans on being a hard nose team that runs the ball? Then you better win some battles up front. You won almost no battles at the LOS. Don't sell us on this garbage, and draft backup OL if this is what we're going to get.

And defensively? Another facet you want to sell us on, really? Joe Haden had one of the worst games I've ever seen out of a Browns CB. Tashaun Gipson getting the ball ripped off an INT. Shades of Maurice Clarett.

I thought the Browns got screwed on Manziel's pick. Hartline was held and they no called it. Hartline also didn't really sell it.

I'm just so disappointed in this defense. So much money and draft picks put into it, and we were served a giant plate of crap today. I know it's 1 of 16, but we had a great opportunity served to us on a plate playing Jets/Fitzpatrick.

I watched some of the highlights on NFL and the announcers mentioned that our line played OK?? really?

It was very obvious that our lack of height on DB's and WRs will be an issue and will put more pressure on the QB's and RB's since everyone can match up M2M - and we will be blitzed unmercifully. I can see every red zone play on us be that corner fade over Hayden's head - granted a tough play to defend.

Also, watching some of the replays - our OLB were slow to react and contain the corner runs. To my uneducated mind, it looked like they moved up too quick to fill the middle and when the runner bounced out, they were out of position.

My thought was always a perfect throw will be perfect coverage and with our DB's lack of height, an average throw may beat our coverage. Ouch.

Last edited by Dawg_Traveler; 09/13/15 05:17 PM.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg_Traveler

I watched some of the highlights on NFL and the announcers mentioned that our line played OK?? really?

It was very obvious that our lack of height on DB's and WRs will be an issue and will put more pressure on the QB's and RB's since everyone can match up M2M - and we will be blitzed unmercifully. I can see every red zone play on us be that corner fade over Hayden's head - granted a tough play to defend.

Also, watching some of the replays - our OLB were slow to react and contain the corner runs. To my uneducated mind, it looked like they moved up too quick to fill the middle and when the runner bounced out, they were out of position.

My thought was always a perfect throw will be perfect coverage and with our DB's lack of height, an average throw may beat our coverage. Ouch.

The O-Line's pass protection wasn't that bad. But the run blocking was it's usual bad self. Our guy's just don't have the right attitude. If we had a top-notch QB who slings the ball all over the field (like Rogers or something), then this O-Line would be perfect.

Instead, we talk about running the ball this year. And this O-Line looked like it was playing patty cake......

I think Haden just had a bad game. It's not like our DBs never played tall receivers, nor is it like our WRs are all of a sudden shorter than last year. Hartline doesn't look that small. Hopefully Bowe gets ready to play soon.

And our D-Line and Linebackers got pushed all over the place. And yes, our OLBs had real problems playing contain. Although the whole defense looked like they had a bunch of problems period

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
O
Legend
Legend
O
I felt decent at half time thinking we would win this one... Should have kept my mouth shut.

Despite rookie mistakes, Manziel tried and had almost zero help. That is the only positive I have!

So many problems to fix I lost count. The D was flat for the entire last half, there was almost no pressure all day. Where the hell is the run game? What happened to the O-line? They struggled to block, had a ton of costly penalties and were just less than average all day! JT got way too much time off if this is the result. And our midget WR core was exposed today! Was Bowe even dressed? Hawkins sucked. Gabriel and Benji were hands down the best today. We need to cut a tight end or TWO! Get some tall WRs... Wonder if Pryor is available.

SMH, going to be a long season. If the plan was a meltdown and chaos, they executed it fully.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Yes, they did. Best unit on offense (not saying much though). On most snaps they were out numbered at the LOS because the Jets happily sent blitz after blitz since Manziel couldn't make them pay

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
I'm so ticked.. I got to watch it up to the point of Manziels TD pass. A thing of beauty.

After that we have a family thing that came up out of nowhere.

So I missed everything else.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S

Pass protection was ok. I'm a little more forgiving for the OL not being perfect in PP every play, but when your run blocking was as bad as it was, you want us to believe you're a running team? gah...

So many moments in this game that the Browns blew opportunities on. Gipson getting the ball ripped. The refs not calling holding on Manziel's pick. Manziel not putting a good enough throw to whoever it was in the corner of the end zone. Not coming up with the snap that went past Fitzpatrick. All the penalties that killed drives. The lack of an adjustment on Brandon Marshall.

That stuff really added up.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Another thought:

Hartline gets no separation.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I'm so ticked.. I got to watch it up to the point of Manziels TD pass. A thing of beauty.

be happy!!!!!

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
I hate flag football. Must be paying refs piecework. We looked awful most of the day.

Haden got taken to the woodshed in my opinion.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Absolutely tepid play calling. How many runs up the middle got stuffed? Some variety there can help. No screens that I remember. Were we dialing up stuff that could score?
Benjy was a beaut. Can see why we wouldn't try that much again.

Like last year, but worse. Much to be ashamed of in this outing. Much to correct.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
. Where is this GREAT D everyone has been pimping?? LOL! PATTHETIC........0-16.

...not everyone. That was just desperate fans who did not want to realize the truth, saying Cleveland had a "top 5" D. LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

be happy!!!!!

Lol, no doubt

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I love football so much.

I just want a team to watch on Sundays like 100+ million other people do.

Why can't we just get a reasonable team?

There no cap on coaches pay I think, so can we please just give Bellichek, Reid, Etc. Any proven good coach like $30million A YEAR to come here for 2-3 years and straighten it out? I'm so sick of watch an unprepared team even a high school would be ashamed of.

Legend
Legend
im just disgusted ... ill post intermittently but the strip of Gipson was a huge momentum point IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
and hoyer got benched. man i cant even go there

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
im just disgusted ... ill post intermittently but the strip of Gipson was a huge momentum point IMO

This is what I'm talking about with "want to".

It absolutely sucked that Gipson made a great play only to give it back.

But instead of rolling over, I'd love to see the Browns do something about it. It's sad that a turning point in a game comes in the first half.

Outside of Gipson's interception, the D made no, emphasize ZERO, plays today. None.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

IMO that was the play that decided the game.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
agreed. Did we even TOUCH the qb today? I dont recall

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Jester

That play happened in the first half before the Jets scored any of their 31 points.

How could that have decided the game?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
For those who were complaining about the Browns letting Hoyer go ..... his very 1st pass as a Texan was picked off ...... and he was benched after leading the team to 6 pints in 3 1/2 quarters. Mallett then came in and led the team to 2 TDs.

And the We wanted Mallet crew is back! When Hoyer was named the starter and Mallet supporters were getting crap I stepped up and admitted that I was one and reconfirmed that I felt Mallet was the best Qb on either team.

I an going to restate that: Mallet is the best Qb on either team.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We gave a first time HC his first start first win... Todd Bowles..

And I have to buy into play like a Brown.. I wonder If Bowles says play like a Jet.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
At least the Browns set the record for longest extra point.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

That play happened in the first half before the Jets scored any of their 31 points.

How could that have decided the game?

For that exact reason. We were up, we were shutting the Jets out, we make a big play and get the ball on a turnover, then BAM, Jets ball 1st and 10.

Up to that point we were in control of the game. We keep the ball on that interception and score and I'd dare say we would have been dominating that game. But after that play the Jets had new life and all the wind came out of our sails.

That play was THE turning point in the game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
We gave a first time HC his first start first win... Todd Bowles...

Actually he was HC of the Dolphins for 3 games in 2011. He won his 1st game against Buffalo and the Dolphins went 2-1 in the 3 games that he was HC

Legend
Legend
agreed. Did we even TOUCH the qb today? I dont recall

zero sacks. zero.

zero.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Actually he was HC of the Dolphins for 3 games in 2011. He won his 1st game against Buffalo and the Dolphins went 2-1 in the 3 games that he was HC

That just makes me feel a hell of a lot better .. smile

R
Legend
Legend
R
That play was THE turning point in the game.

If the Browns allowed that to be the turning point in the game, then they may not win a game all year.

C
1st String
1st String
C
Where's all those fat mouths at,who were talking smack to me???? "You don't understand football" "You don't know how to watch a pre-season game" "You're a negative Nacy"...ect.
Really? Loooooooooooooool. How are those long winded,intelligent football posts all off-season,working out for you now? Next time,think twice about being so dismissive of others into your little "clique" of a club.
You aren't as smart as you think.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Who are you talking about?

Legend
Legend
another thing ... did anyone on the DL do anything positive all day long?

myka #999159 09/13/15 06:35 PM
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: myka
I love football so much.

...Sounds like you're rock bottom. If you are a young man with no deep ties to the team, just bail. Otherwise you will be exploited like merchandise for another 2-3 years until Haslam can get to LA or Tennessee.

Legend
Legend
another thing ... did anyone on the DL do anything positive all day long?

1st quarter the DL was ok.

but thats where it ended.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
berea #999163 09/13/15 06:39 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: berea
Originally Posted By: myka
I love football so much.

...Sounds like you're rock bottom. If you are a young man with no deep ties to the team, just bail. Otherwise you will be exploited like merchandise for another 2-3 years until Haslam can get to LA or Tennessee.

i'm a young guy ... deep roots unfortunately. It's going to be a long, miserable time of fandom

Rookie
Rookie
The more things change, the more things stay the same

Swish #999165 09/13/15 06:45 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
1st quarter the DL was ok.

but thats where it ended.

This is where and why I blame Pettine... all this coming from a football (high school ) family ticks ne off so bad... he does not get theses guys fired up...

I swear theses young coaches rather figure out the problems thrhough texting and note pds then getting and spitting into these guys faces...

Damn I miss those Madden Butkus high energy guys...Watching a HC just stand around like its okay just pisses me off

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Jets 31 Postgame thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard