That is an interesting stat.

But we probably throw less than most teams. Then it is a matter of what comes first?

We don't throw because we lack receivers? Have no faith in the quarterback?

Or, because we have such a great running game?

Baker came into the NFL has a guy with the reputation and stats as a thrower.

His first season under a dysfuctional coaching staff. He set the record for TD's by a rookie in only 14.5 games.
Then there was the Kitchen's experiment. And we added some great runners.

In comes a new GM and coaching staff. Nick Chubb, Hunt, along with an improved OL became the foundation. Stefanski and AVP then developed a run based offense with play action, motion and heavy TE use as the offense.

The offense does not feature the pass game. It uses the passing attack as a balance to a run based offense.

Now what?

I have always loved what Sean Payton did in NO with Brees. I loved that offense. They ran the ball but they used a quick strike passing attack. They had great routes and Brees was the triggerman.

IMO Baker could thrive in that offense.

Baker can throw it. IMO in Cleveland he has never been in sync with the offense. He has not developed that passing chemistry with a receiver unit.

He has not had a number one receiver. It never worked with Odell. All the other targets were just that. Targets. Not a unit passing game. Nothing like KC or NO.

So, this off season I am super curious about what Berry will do with "the passing attack?"