Originally Posted by FATE
3/19/18

I love the kid. It will be fun to watch him progress and become a better QB. I think he will. I don't think we'll see him do that in Cleveland. I don't think our FO see themselves in the position to take the risk.

"Inconsistent and not accurate", yes... but not as bad as people make it seem. Most also agree that he can be much more efficient with something as simple (and coachable) as proper footwork and balance.

TBH, I question the few points of completion percentage being some "kiss of death". Trade 2-3 completions per game for a QB that can throw any pass, to any part of the field, at any velocity? And runs like Gronk in the open field?? Sign me up.

I hope he lands in a good position to grow as an NFL QB... I just hope it's not with a different team in the AFC North.

I was a huge proponent. Argued with just about everyone on here about drafting him. Biggest mistake in Browns draft history. Everybody was way to hung up on his completion percentage and couldn't see the forest through the trees. They missed the part where he threw with touch OR through a brick wall, missed the part (which many argued with me about) that he already played at NFL speed... worked through progressions as well as any college QB I've ever seen.

We screwed the pooch because we were afraid of the risk... and thought we made the "safe" pick in Mayfield.

I'm going to go puke now.