I'm just going to say this: I'm glad I talked my at the time girlfriend out of having an abortion. Shoot, I even married her. That ended bad, just 3 years later. She was pregnant with some one else's kid.

My son is glad I didn't 'allow' an abortion as well.

I paid child support for about 9 years. It had to be mailed, or dropped off at the Courthouse. Good move, really. That way my ex couldn't call me and gripe about not getting it. Although, she did.

At 12, son wanted to move in with my and my wife. He did, legally. Ex didn't pay child support, ironically. Maybe here and there, but her excuse was "I don't have the money." (yeah, and you take money out of my sons savings account so he can 'buy presents' for others????)

Oh, when I finally got a hold of the county agency, told them how much she was in arrears, gave them the paper work showing custody, etc..... They said "we'll take care of it." Garnished her wages. My son, another son (glad she didn't abort him) and after her last divorce, 3 other sons. She had to pay for only MY son. $50 a week. Yeah, when she was about $6000 down, that's when I contacted the county.

Son was a nurse, now he's a Family NP. His brother is a traveling nurse - but doesn't leave Columbus. The other 3?

Those 2 are great friends, live close to each other, hang out all the time. Son's mom? On her 3rd marriage hit what she wanted - someone with money.

I get along just great with all 4 of my son's 'brothers', but especially the one closest in age to my son. Nothing was his fault - he got born. Good dude, good wife, good job.