Originally Posted by oobernoober
Baker is also on his 4th team and was benched for Sam Bradford at one point.

I root for Baker, but I'm also not pretending that he's something he's not. He's not here for the same reason he's not with the Panthers or the Rams. He's in the playoffs because he now plays in a WEAK division and carved up a vulnerable Eagles secondary (who were beaten by the Giants and the Cardinals in the previous 2 games). If your point is that Dorsey picked a QB who could look like a HoF'er against subpar competition and then hot garbage the next week (with a #1 pick), then you'd be right.

Baker led his team to 6 wins in their last 7 games and a Division Championship on a re-building team with 75 million in dead cap hit...all year long I read "just wait until Baker plays a 'real' team"...then he went out and whipped a pre-season SB contender and previous year SB team...but they were 'vulnerable'. Yeah they were vulnerable..and he carved them up.

Now he goes on to play the #1/#2 team in the NFC and if he doesn't prevail, the still-butt-hurt Buckeye fans will be here to tell us his ceiling is QB2. He's a 13-18 type QB...plenty to win a SB with something better than a re-building team in Cap hell with a defensive-minded head coach and a terrible OL and running game...and having just had the GOAT QB retire.

He's not here because we made a mistake...period. He was a one-year rental in Carolina and they were drafting a QB at #1...he was a few game rental for the Rams...destroyed a team in primetime on a decimated team after having arrived 4 days prior...and the Rams still had a SB-winning QB on a huge deal in Stafford. So 4 teams...yep...one foolishly couldn't figure it out with him...one wanted a bridge AND HE WAS TRADED THERE...the 3rd team already had a FQB and the 4th team just won their division with him. My goodness that argument is as lazy as the people who compared Baker to Manziel.

Here's a trend to consider with Baker:

Yet another new coach and in COVID fog he made the playoffs and even won a game with 'some guy named Blake' at LT...then was one Chad Henne jailbreak away from the AFC Championship game;

Then started the first 1.3 games on fire and destroyed his non-throwing shoulder...but gutted it out anyway...what a douchbag;

Has surgery then was back-stabbed and traded to one of the worst teams in the league that was sure to draft a QB the first chance they get...then was rented to finish out the year with a team that had the FQB;

Then goes to a re-building team and wins the division and a playoff game.

What a turd.

Imagine that unwanted QB on this team with (3) 1st Rd picks plus whatever other picks and 200 million of cap space. They/we need DW4 to make us forget that^...even though many already have.

Lastly, this isn't about Baker the person...insert any name you want into an example like THAT ^ and tell me what people would conclude.