Thread Like Summary
AZBrown, eotab, Hammer, mgh888, oobernoober
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1909460 12/12/2021 12:17 PM
by eotab
eotab
I made it another year as my two sons with wives and one grandson are coming over during the Browns game. Will I be going to the hospital again? I'm going to try hard to make it. We go into the game with some injuries in weird spots. Long Snapper I think out cause of covid along with punter? I'm sure we will make out ok. Enjoy the game, enjoy life hope to see you all soon.
Liked Replies
#1910516 Dec 13th a 03:08 PM
by DCDAWGFAN
DCDAWGFAN
I've seen a whole lot of negative after beating the team in first place in our division.. the argument has always been that we beat the bad teams but can't beat the playoff caliber teams.. we beat a playoff team and now it "wasn't pretty enough"... Sure, there are some things to complain about that we should have done different but if you just read this board and social media you would almost certainly feel like we lost by 2 touchdowns.

Every article I've read has gone into detail about how Lamar got hurt.. I don't care. Huntley did more in 2 1/2 quarters against this defense than Lamar did in 5 1/2 quarters..

I saw us make a change from 2 weeks ago to a quick strike passing attack on early downs, it worked and it kept their defense off balance. Then we stopped doing it.

I saw our defense continue to shine and make plays... until late in the game when we forgot to cover Andrews, their one legit pass catching playmaker.. on 4th and 11, down in the red zone, a couple other crucial downs... it's like we just forgot to cover him...

We were without our long snapper and our punter but they were certainly not our problem on special teams.. Felton dropped 2 punts, lucky to get back on both of them... missed yet another makeable FG... then the bonehead play of being totally unaware of the ball on the onside kick.. kudos to Natson for the heads up play of getting his foot out of bounds on the kickoff that was bounding around.

Seen a lot about the PI calls, the one on the Landry play was the only really bad call... Landry was dragging him to the ground and I was sure that was going to be PI against us.. so I'll take it. We've been burned the same way before so it's about time we got one. And that's what happens when you push the ball down the field, sometimes you get completions, sometimes you get the favorable PI call..

I'm sure that like most of you, I had a vision of Tucker lining up a 57 yard FG with :04 on the clock.. fortunately it never came to that.
3 members like this
#1910464 Dec 13th a 02:50 AM
by Steubenvillian
Steubenvillian
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
I saw a offense that went down the field to score because the Ravens defense helped them.. I saw a second half failure by the offense ! thank you Defense !!

Thank you defense? What game were you watching? They let a back up bring them back from three scores down.

Maybe a different game.. idk.. but if Clowney doesn't get that great sack..not sure how the game ends,,, see ,the first half penalties by the Ravens gave the Browns scoring opportunities
, they wouldn't of have if the Ravens didn't make penalties.

You really think the Browns march down the field and score if the Ravens didn't have those penalties ?

How many points did the Browns put up in the second half ?

Again ! a back up QB almost beat us !

How many points did the defense give up in the second half? It works both ways. But like I said, unlike many times before, they DID, get the stop when they needed to.
1 member likes this
#1910532 Dec 13th a 04:13 PM
by FrankZ
FrankZ
I saw a kid pulled up from the practice squad make a real heads up play on a kickoff and save us 37 yards of field position.

Natson stepping out of bounds on that kick they tried to bury us on was great.
1 member likes this
#1910817 Dec 14th a 03:47 PM
by CapCity Dawg
CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted by eotab
What I saw was a player up there on an onside kick who had no idea where the ball was...he better not be there again. dumbest thing I've seen in football.

Agreed.

I also saw a very smart play by Natson on a kick return, getting us the ball on the 40.
1 member likes this