Thread Like Summary
FATE, GMdawg, OldColdDawg, Swish
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by THROW LONG
THROW LONG
I was faced with nowhere to post my comments on the Miss Universe pageant, but that is not political and there are other events similar that often deserve addressing.
Miss Universe Pageant. December 2021.
Even in a short time of viewing, with a new eye to how this is an appreciation of all involved and should be celebrated. Just my observation opinion, but, All the Contestants were UGLY, Too skinny, Too Tall, too much carbon copies, BLEH, not a single cute face in the bunch.
spoilered because I'm sure nobody cares about my opinions of the Ms. Universe Pageant.

Other current events? Like the McRib being back? or Wendy's new fries. AHH! I could off on Wendy's new fries... (what if I had a taste for the old ones, now what do I do?)
Liked Replies
by YTownBrownsFan
YTownBrownsFan
As far as Enoch, it was never part of the Torah. There was no call to include it in the Bible.

The book of Phillip, and Thomas, were written later, and are considered apocryphal. They have serious theological differences from the rest of the New Testament, and if I recall, were written some 300 years (from memory, so I might be slightly off) after the time of Christ.

It would be like saying "I found an undiscovered work of Shakespeare, except that the theme, style, and writing completely different, there are spelling errors, and it dates to about 300 years after Shakespearse died." It might be an interesting read, but in no way appears to be a genuine work of Shakespeare.
2 members like this
by 40YEARSWAITING
40YEARSWAITING
Elon Musk named Time’s Person of the Year for 2021

A very smart fellow.
1 member likes this
by FATE
FATE
I don't know about Phillip, but Enoch was "high on dope".

Enoch 7:2 "The women became pregnant, and gave birth to great giants, whose height was 3000 ells." An ell equals a cubit, which is about 18 inches. So these giants are according to Enoch 4500ft tall. That is about three times higher than the Empire State Building. Then the giants started to eat all the people, birds and animals of the earth (Enoch 7:4-5). Those same women in Enoch 19:2 "And the women also of the angels who went astray became sirens." Sirens were a sexy half women half bird creature that preyed on sailors.

puff, puff, pass.
1 member likes this
by FloridaFan
FloridaFan
Wasn't it JulesDawg that had the saying "People are just no damn good?"

People tend to be self-serving, and those that loudly proclaim they are Christians are using doing so because they think it makes them better than someone else, but they are usually the least Christian of the bunch. Good Christians usually don't proclaim it, they just perform it, to do the good things you would expect and seldom get noticed, they don't ask for thanks, rewards or notoriety. They are out there and they are basically invisible.

Then there are just good people. Just like true Christians, they just do what is right, not doing so to get something in return other than a better world for all.

It's sad that all we see are the bad/fake people. The loudest voices get the most attention. Like the loud obnoxious person in the check out line complaining that the clerk is slow or something. There is hundreds of other customers that come through daily that have no issue with the clerk and many who thank them and tell them they appreciate them, but that one obnoxious person is the one everyone in the store turns to look at and talks about for the rest of the day.
1 member likes this