Thread Like Summary
AZBrown, Ballpeen, bbrowns32, DeisleDawg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1917538 01/05/2022 3:03 AM
by DeisleDawg
DeisleDawg
My own feelings are I'm glad this season is over... I won't watch this game, Might listen to it a little bit if I'm in the car. what about any of you ? going to watch ?

Bengals will most likely sit the starters and as we all know Case will get the start.. Most paid back up in the league will start a meaning less game.

One thing is I don't believe there is a chance for a QB controversy... How can there be ? A beaten injured starter and the most paid back up and who saw more starts ?

We have all talked about the season the Browns had in multiple threads in familiar forums and posted our thoughts and feelings with each other in a agreement or disagreement... a weekly thing.

Now comes the last game.. Thank goodness ! any of you thought it would end this way ? Honestly ! I did. just typical Browns fashion.

What comes next ? Draft talk.. opinions on coaching and player performances.. pretty much what happens after a season of being let down.

Bengals at the top..the Browns at the bottom. surprise surprise... nah ! not really...

The most hated saying ever.. Hey ! there's always next year, which is actually this year.

Can the players injuries that took place heal along with the feelings of the players and fans ?

Seriously what would you like to see happen next ?

I want to see most things stay in place, Honestly I look at other QB's and see a cool and calmness about them, with Baker it's always seems he's always hyper and unsure of himself just can't relax and get the job done, and that's even before the injury.

And the dropped balls.. my goodness !

it feels so close yet so not ! what happens next is going to drive most of us crazy waiting on it !

What the heck is going to happen in the next few months of this Organization ?
Liked Replies
#1917546 Jan 5th a 03:32 AM
by EveDawg
EveDawg
Youre very welcome! The next town over has a Browns Backers bar. There are a lot of us down here. laugh
1 member likes this
#1917556 Jan 5th a 04:26 AM
by cfrs15
cfrs15
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Play all and only the backups

Haven't they been doing that most of the year? What are you saving them for?

So they don’t pop an Achilles and miss a full year.
1 member likes this
#1917658 Jan 5th a 07:02 PM
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
Sorry I wasn't clearer. Trooper was right. Here's what I was commenting on.....

I also know that fixing a damaged relationship between QB and Coach is hard to repair. Maybe impossible because finding some middle ground is still going to leave bruised ego's.

Maybe you have more to base it on than Baker's comment right after the game. But that's the only thing I could speculate you drew that conclusion on. It was a comment made in the heat of the moment at the point that ended our playoff hopes. Body language can often times indicate frustration but I find it hard to infer what or who that frustration is guided towards. I can understand how both would be frustrated seeing how this season progressed. I'm just not so sure they were frustrated with each other on a personal level. But that was just my take on it based on the information I have.

As far as your seats go. No, I don't really have a take on that. I understand the frustration and you paid for those seats so it's your right to do as you please with them.
1 member likes this
#1917741 Jan 6th a 02:03 PM
by mgh888
mgh888
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Stefanski needs to hire a legit play caller.

He had one in Van Pelt, at least I think so. This really is a big ? lots of talk was it QB play or play calling...

I think it was absolutely both. This is the thing that sometimes gets me a bit infuriated. . . when you criticize the woeful play calling by KS, and there has been a lot this year, it does not mean you are giving free pass to Baker. Baker has played very badly in many games. It's not one or the other - it is both. Prime examples: In the loss to Packers - Baker has been playing inconsistently with 3 interceptions and something like 6 sacks. 1 in 5 pass attempts in that game lead to disaster. So the last 3 play calls in that game when we were averaging over 8 yards a run attempt? Pass-Pass-Pass. . . . In the loss to Pittsburgh, Baker was shockingly bad, TJ Watt had sacks and pressures 'all day' - and we kept leaving a rookie stand in RT one on one with TJ ... Just nuts.

I don't want Haslam to step in and interfere with anything on the football side - but who is it that holds KS accountable and puts pressure on him to relinquish play calling?
1 member likes this