Thread Like Summary
dawglover05, mgh888, PitDAWG
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Swish
Swish
https://www.yahoo.com/news/hes-b-whitmer-kidnap-plot-163628350.html

The defense in the Gov. Gretchen Whitmer kidnap trial rested its case following the explosive testimony of a defendant who came off as a defiant hothead, if his comment about an undercover informant is any indication.

"He's a b-----," said 24-year-old Daniel Harris, referring to Big Dan, the undercover informant he grew to admire and trust.

Harris, who was mocking a former Wolverine Watchmen who quit the group and became an informant, would become the only defendant to testify in the historic domestic terrorism case that now goes to the jury.

There was talk this week of the other defendants possibly testifying, though for reasons unknown, they opted not to after Harris took the stand, and caught the prosecutor off guard with his slur about the informant.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Jonathan Roth paused momentarily when he heard the b-word, and asked Harris to elaborate.

"Nope," Harris responded.

Roth persisted, asking Harris to explain why he called the man a "b----."

"He got scared by memes," Harris explained.

Big Dan is a former Army sergeant who joined the Wolverine Watchmen in the spring of 2020, but quit after hearing members talk about killing police according to his testimony. He told jurors that he expressed his concerns to a friend who was a cop, and then FBI called him within a week and asked him to become an informant. He agreed.

the article is pretty long so i only posted some of it.

anyways, has anybody been following this? we really have crazies like this living in our country. its freaking insane.

'Double agent' warns Whitmer kidnap suspects: I could hurt you if I testify

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...arns-whitmer-kidnap-suspects/7195711001/

i mean really, kidnap the governor? over what? from this to storming the capitol building, why is it about these guys that result in incidents that are close to - if not - domestic terrorism?
Liked Replies
by DCDAWGFAN
DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
The Fringe of both parties should be locked up.

Today we focus on the Right Fringe, tomorrow the Left Fringe.

Neither represents America as a whole.
The fringe on the right is far larger and far more dangerous than you imagine and it actually has control of the "Republican brand"... What is it that the "radical left" wants that the right is so adamantly opposed to? Healthcare for everybody? Less fossil fuel? Affordable education? Equal rights for LGBTQ folks? OOOOOOOHHHHHHH, Scary. But the right has sold this narrative to its followers that those things will "destroy America"... they have just never come up with a plausible reason as to WHY that is going to happen.

Joe Biden, for all of the hateful, nonsensical rhetoric from the right, is actually fairly moderate, as was Barak Obama, as was Bill Clinton, as was George Bush (I and II)... And God forbid somebody declare themselves a moderate, as I have, which you seem to be advocating is better than being a fringe party member... must be a Rino or a Neocon that needs to "get off the fence" and "choose a side"... so, NO, I'm not going to choose a side just so I can claim to be part of the tribe.... I kind of like actually thinking.
2 members like this
by DCDAWGFAN
DCDAWGFAN
I have never been shy about admitting that I'm not a big fan of the political left, but those are largely policy-based disagreements. The right, on the other hand, has come completely unhinged. They have created this path to political success that rewards those who are the most outrageous, the most bold and abrasive, the most willing to say hateful accusations, the most willing to just make up lies, the most willing to ignore facts. The Madison Cawthorns and Marjorie Taylor Greenes of the world. They have no plan, no platform, no positive direction they wish to take this country, they live in this delusion that the Trump years were this utopia unlike any other and, by any and all metrics, that is just wrong.... they are just singularly focused on hating anybody left of themselves.

As I've said before, when a party is more focused and more openly hostile to get a decent guy like Mitt Romney out of their party on one end, than they are to get avowed white supremacist's out of their party on the other end.... that's a pretty big problem.
1 member likes this
by dawglover05
dawglover05
I would venture to say that the vast majority of both parties don’t represent the nation as a whole. I think that most of us are some sliding scale of square pegs and round pegs trying to frequently choose between triangle and star shaped holes.
1 member likes this
by WooferDawg
WooferDawg
DC

I will just say that all of this can be traced to Rush and Fox News.

People and News organizations shaped the politics of today, the politicians that we have are a reflection of the media.
1 member likes this