by ScottPlayersFacemask
ScottPlayersFacemask
Liked Replies
by BpG
BpG
3 members like this
by guard dawg
guard dawg
I don't follow a lot of OU football. But prior to the draft, I did give some attention to both Winfrey and Thomas. Winfrey supposedly expressed some frustration about how he was used at OU. I didn't hear the same thing from Thomas but the analyst say that he was rotated for quite a bit which prevented him from getting into a sustained rhythm. I don't know how true any of that is.

I realize that you have to view highlight videos with some skepticism but I did see some pass rush reps where he displayed decent bend, arm extension, a good rip move, and some short-area quickness. I think there are some pieces to work with here.
1 member likes this
by FL_Dawg
FL_Dawg
I do know this ... and that is if we do resign Clowney, our DE room is going to go from having just MG and Chase Winovich to an embarrassment of riches, but it would be nice to be able keep a player like Thomas around even if it's only on the practice squad. Winovich is a FA after this season, and I doubt that Clowney gets a multi year contract even if he does resign, then there is the other FA DEs' that we brought in on one year deals too, leaving us with MG^ and Alex Wright under contract for 2023.

Having Isaiah Thomas under (a cheap) contract too would be a nice bonus with some other big cap hits kicking in.
1 member likes this
by FL_Dawg
FL_Dawg
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
The only player jersey I've bought since the team has returned is Joe Thomas. I've very happy with that purchase.

My son bought me #73 for my birthday, JTs' final season ... I was in need of a new jersey too ... for my #57 was pretty much a shop rag.
1 member likes this