Thread Like Summary
DeisleDawg, Homewood Dog, lampdogg, THROW LONG
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1964859 08/24/2022 8:45 PM
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
- Brissett and the first team offense for 2-3 drives and execute for a score or two. That would be a good thing.
- Continued success from the backup RBs
- Our DL (Elliott, Thomas hopefully) to be disruptive
- NO INJURIES
Liked Replies
#1965823 Aug 28th a 10:13 PM
by Bard Dawg
Bard Dawg
Missed? He had multiple drops, one nice catch, little separation, and an assist on an interception by my recollection. I want to see him on the sideline until he proves that he can catch his targets. This love for his game is baffling me. How far do you have to look to find receivers outperforming him on other teams. Let this sink in: His "world class speed" that always get hyped and mentioned is worthless if you can't catch the ball. We can find better.
2 members like this
#1964872 Aug 24th a 10:29 PM
by Steubenvillian
Steubenvillian
I would like to see what the starting lineup can actually do. Preseason is a joke anymore. Nobody has any idea if this team will even be cohesive. These guys make millions, make them play.
1 member likes this
#1965708 Aug 28th a 01:34 PM
by mac
mac
Originally Posted by hitt
If we don't throw it at Schwartz we have a chance....the track guy is a chicken. Ugh!!!

hitt...you nailed it in the simplest terms..he's a chicken.!...the guy is just afraid of taking the contact that comes with being a wide receiver. He takes his focus off the ball as it is coming to him to see where defenders are and he can't refocus quick enough to catch the pass.

We see it in every game he plays..then our great Headcoach proclaims that the Browns won't cut him because he can't catch the ball. You can be a total screwup playing for the Browns and you will still get a vote of confidence from our Ivy League leadership because Schwartz can run a 40 in 4.15...he does have great track speed, but he can't catch the ball...and 'the boys love him'..!

Now some young WR who can catch a pass but runs a 4.5 or 4.6 40 is going to be cut so the Harvard Boys can hang on to Schwartz...they drafted him so he will have a roster spot, regardless of his lack of production.

That is messed up...!
1 member likes this