Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1964859 08/24/22 04:45 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
- Brissett and the first team offense for 2-3 drives and execute for a score or two. That would be a good thing.
- Continued success from the backup RBs
- Our DL (Elliott, Thomas hopefully) to be disruptive
- NO INJURIES

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
I want to see Stefanski run Cade York out there to boot the 64 yard FG instead of having Rosen go for it on 4th and 9. Missed opportunity in a meaningless game.

Would like to see a decent return from the ST department.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Brissett 415 yds, 4 tds, 0 int, 1 rushing td

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I would like to see what the starting lineup can actually do. Preseason is a joke anymore. Nobody has any idea if this team will even be cohesive. These guys make millions, make them play.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Again.. I want to see Togiai step up.. in fact having all the DT's step up would be good

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by SaintDawg
in fact having all the DT's step up would be good

Or any of them.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Me too. I'm assuming Felton will be the guy. Not sure if Schwartz or Winston are still being considered for PRs. Grant may have been a bigger loss than some realized. DPJ shouldn't be back there.

It's been a long time since we've had a legitimate return threat.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by AZBrown
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Me too. I'm assuming Felton will be the guy. Not sure if Schwartz or Winston are still being considered for PRs. Grant may have been a bigger loss than some realized. DPJ shouldn't be back there.

It's been a long time since we've had a legitimate return threat.

Waaay too long.

Schwartz has to be on the radar, although there could be concerns about his ability to field the ball cleanly, especially if he hears footsteps.

I say throw him back there until he fumbles. It's the only chance at upside from this 3rd round pick before we opt for the ham sandwich.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
T
Legend
Legend
T
What do you want to see?

A New system, that,
not Only Gets real players
but one that keeps real players too.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Pretty good article:

Legend
Legend
Brissett in the Browns offense is for sure what I want to see.

How does he look running the offense?

Also how do we play the run? I know what to expect from Myles and Clowney. I want to see the interior against the run.

Can any DT get off the ball and push the pocket from the inside?

Can we play gap integrity inside?

I want to see if Bell and Schwartz are legit.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I won't see anything as it isn't on here. I will go to bed and listen to Sirus radio. I should be able to pick up the broadcast there. 92.3 doesn't stream the games to out of market.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I want to see our WRs catch the ball and that will also depend on our QBs ability to throw some strikes..!

Last edited by mac; 08/27/22 06:59 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
If we don't throw it at Schwartz we have a chance....the track guy is a chicken. Ugh!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Ugh!! 21-20....who cares, hope we didn't lose any starters to injuries....GO BROWNS!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Teller left early and so did Delpit … hoping for the best

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by hitt
If we don't throw it at Schwartz we have a chance....the track guy is a chicken. Ugh!!!

hitt...you nailed it in the simplest terms..he's a chicken.!...the guy is just afraid of taking the contact that comes with being a wide receiver. He takes his focus off the ball as it is coming to him to see where defenders are and he can't refocus quick enough to catch the pass.

We see it in every game he plays..then our great Headcoach proclaims that the Browns won't cut him because he can't catch the ball. You can be a total screwup playing for the Browns and you will still get a vote of confidence from our Ivy League leadership because Schwartz can run a 40 in 4.15...he does have great track speed, but he can't catch the ball...and 'the boys love him'..!

Now some young WR who can catch a pass but runs a 4.5 or 4.6 40 is going to be cut so the Harvard Boys can hang on to Schwartz...they drafted him so he will have a roster spot, regardless of his lack of production.

That is messed up...!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
1 member likes this: THROW LONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by mac

hitt...you nailed it in the simplest terms..he's a chicken.!...the guy is just afraid of taking the contact that comes with being a wide receiver. He takes his focus off the ball as it is coming to him to see where defenders are and he can't refocus quick enough to catch the pass.

We see it in every game he plays..then our great Headcoach proclaims that the Browns won't cut him because he can't catch the ball. You can be a total screwup playing for the Browns and you will still get a vote of confidence from our Ivy League leadership because Schwartz can run a 40 in 4.15...he does have great track speed, but he can't catch the ball...and 'the boys love him'..!

Now some young WR who can catch a pass but runs a 4.5 or 4.6 40 is going to be cut so the Harvard Boys can hang on to Schwartz...they drafted him so he will have a roster spot, regardless of his lack of production.

That is messed up...!

To my eye and experience as a fan...if you are going to draft 'fast little guys' instead of the 'stud WR body type' discussed elsewhere...that 'fast little guy' better be one tough SOB. We don't seem to see that.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Originally Posted by mac

That is messed up...!

To my eye and experience as a fan...if you are going to draft 'fast little guys' instead of the 'stud WR body type' discussed elsewhere...that 'fast little guy' better be one tough SOB. We don't seem to see that.

Schwartz is likely to be a 4th/5th, situational guy this year, as they hope to continue to develop him. It's probably worth it to keep him as oposed to a different guy who is limited physically. Upside often wins out, and I would assume that Schwartz is perceived to have upside.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Schwartz is likely a 4th 5th situational guy?
Well, he started the game preseason game 3, with the starting @uarterback Brissett, and was missed on a pass attempt on the first offensive snap of the game. (maybe that sounds like 4th 5th situational guy, not to me.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Missed? He had multiple drops, one nice catch, little separation, and an assist on an interception by my recollection. I want to see him on the sideline until he proves that he can catch his targets. This love for his game is baffling me. How far do you have to look to find receivers outperforming him on other teams. Let this sink in: His "world class speed" that always get hyped and mentioned is worthless if you can't catch the ball. We can find better.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
2 members like this: Homewood Dog, lampdogg
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

I was thinking about this too and wonder how much it has to do with a soft camp and soft preseason? And I don't put that 100% on KS, but more so on changes in the league. But I notice the little WRs and our glass DBs struggle to stay healthy since the rules made the game softer. Could be that we can't fix it because there are no teams that I know of that have a stable of 220lbs+ CBs, and if they did, they would get torched often.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Preseason Gameday vs Chicago What Do You Want to See?

Link Copied to Clipboard