FATE, Homewood Dog, lampdogg, ScottPlayersFacemask, Versatile Dog
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1969812 09/14/2022 12:39 PM
by Versatile Dog
Versatile Dog
Some Numbers:

Browns are 1-0 and Jets are 0-1.

Browns are favored by 6 points.

The Over/Under is 40.5 points. Lowest total in the league.

Injuries:

Jets:
Wilson is still out and Flacco will start for the second straight week.
Both starting offensive tackles are out.

Browns:
Greedy on IR
Will Conklin and/or Hubbard play?

Key Matchups:

--The Browns pass rush vs the depleted Jets offensive line. The Browns should be able to generate a lot of pressure on Flacco and he is not the most elusive qb in the world. They are going to need to get that pressure because the Jets have some very good receiving options.

--The Browns run defense vs the Jets running game. The Browns did a nice job last week, but I'm pretty sure the Jets will challenge our run defense w/Michael Carter and Breece Hall.

--The Browns run game vs Jets run defense. The Browns ran it very well last week. The Jets D bottled up the Ravens run game last week. This matchup is huge because the Browns don't want to have to rely on their passing game to win.

--Special teams battle. Given that both teams want to run the ball, field position is going to be huge.

--Turnover battle. Neither team is good enough offensively to lose the turnover battle by more than 1.
Liked Replies
by cfrs15
cfrs15
The Jets also run a very similar offense to us. Their offensive coordinator is Mike LeFleur (brother of the Packers head coach). He coached with Kyle Shanahan for years. Stefanski ripped his offense from Gary Kubiak. The difference is that Stefanski doesn’t stick strictly to the same system, he incorporates things from other offenses. Even Andrew Berry and the Jets GM, Joe Douglas, spent a year together in Philadelphia.

It is definitely an interesting matchup. These teams have similar DNA.
3 members like this
by Rishuz
Rishuz
I think I just want this one bad. I think a loss to the Jets will be soul crushing, even with Jacoby at QB. If we are hoping to stay afloat before Watson comes back and have a chance to make some noise down the stretch this is a game we have to win.
1 member likes this
by leadtheway
leadtheway
I don't think anyone is under any Illusion on how this offense is going to run for the next 10 games, theres a reason we have so many backs on the team. All Brissett has to do is make a few more throws and not turn the ball over.. If KS is as good as people think he is (I'm not 100% yet) then he will slowly start adapting playcalling to maximize JB. If he has a few more games like last week with sub 50 rating, I think you have to start looking at another option though. IMO
1 member likes this