Thread Like Summary
dawglover05, GMdawg, jfanent, mac
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1974111 09/28/2022 1:09 AM
by archbolddawg
archbolddawg
I got a different 'personal vehicle' recently. That meant I needed to sell my old one. It was a 2000 regular cab, 2 wd. 215,000 miles on it. Rusty, needed brakes, tires, and wipers. I offered it on facebook - a local site on face book.

An ex almost classmate asked if it would make it from here to Louisiana. I said, no, not the way it is. He said his son was in transition (military - an apache helicopter pilot) from Hawaii to to Louisiana. Son was up here on his break, I guess? Engine isn't a problem, it's the tires, tranny, and brakes.

He asked how much? (now, 'book value was as high as $2500 - I knew it wasn't worth that). Said his son would pay $1000. "Tell him to come take a look, drive it." Son showed up, drove it. I explained it needed tires, brakes, etc. And I wouldn't drive it that far. Just being honest. He offered $650. Done deal. Title work, etc.

Wife got a message today from the kids grandma: He got new tires, changed the brakes, got wipers, and he made it to Louisiana. Thank you so much for the price. He was elated, will probably sell it for a profit." No skin off my back, grandma.
Liked Replies
#1974120 Sep 28th a 01:58 AM
by YTownBrownsFan
YTownBrownsFan
Weird how the world works sometimes.

I got a new truck today. There was nothing really wrong with the truck I had, other than it was really old, and I wanted something I could rely upon for the rest of my driving life. I am almost 60, and I figure I probably have 10-15 years of driving left in me. I don't drive a ton, so I went with a 2022 Ram, and stuck an 8 yr/60,000 bumper to bumper warranty on it. Went to my former boss, and considering that many dealers aren't discounting these one penny, I got a pretty good deal. I bought from a salesman I used to work with many years ago.

The only problem is that since this truck sits up so high, and they didn't have the running boards for it in stock, it's a challenge to get into. That will be resolved shortly, though.
2 members like this
#1974718 Sep 30th a 07:18 PM
by archbolddawg
archbolddawg
Good. I'm a simple person (some will attack me for that), I don't need the latest and greatest. It's nice to have a truck I can feel confident in again. Hey, over 13 years, I averaged 3,000 miles a year on the old one. It's nice to have the newest vehicle in my family (wife, daughter). We'll drive this truck more often as it's reliable, 4 wd, and roomier. That'll save some wear on my wife's Grand Cherokee.

Has a tuned exhaust which is cool, but not something I care about, really. Sounds good though.

Hey, it was time. I can shut the door on this one and not have rust fall off. I can go to umpire games and not be embarrassed by what I'm driving. 4wd will be nice in the winter as I won't have to worry about a 2 wd with locking differential spinning me into a ditch.

Bottom line, it was time to have 2 vehicles that are trustworthy as opposed to just one. That doesn't include my daughter's car, by the way.

Glad the old one got they youngster down to LA, he may keep it, he may sell it. He may make money on it if he sells it, even after the tires and brakes. If so, good for him.
1 member likes this