by Milk Man
Milk Man
Liked Replies
#1979186 Oct 15th a 01:27 PM
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Yea those 2 guys are always out too especially Williams. If Ward is going to be here awhile maybe, he should start taping himself up before games.

I don't think you can tape yourself up for a concussion. Frankly, I am not sure we should be making light of concussions. They are serious and often lead to problems many, many years later.

I agree. Some people are more susceptible than others. You just never know until you start getting banged in the head. It's not something you can train for or anything like that. It's just the way it is. Shock waves impact different peoples brains differently. Some more, some less.

I do have to remember Williams talking about Ward is going to have problems if he keeps tackling like that...head first. Maybe it is still some of that? If you think about a boxer, getting hit face forward usually isn't the knock-out blow, it is the hit like a hook that hits the side of the head that jars the brain and staggers the guy.

If Ward keeps getting kneed in the side or back of the helmet, he is going to have problems. That is why QB's have problems when slamming the back of their head in to the turf...it's like a rabbit punch in boxing, which is illegal.
1 member likes this