Thread Like Summary
CapCity Dawg, THROW LONG, Versatile Dog
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
And here we are yet again. Will the Browns end up in third place or the basement? Some spend a lot of time trying to make a purse out of a sows ear or think putting lipstick on a pig somehow makes this all better but it doesn't. We have seen a tale of two seasons. Under Brissett we saw a productive offense while the defense was crapping the bed. A defense that looked so good after a slow start last season once again looking like a totally new defense was being installed. The players seemed lost in the system. Of course the lipstick people tried to blame the players. As we've seen in the past weeks the players are fine. They don't just forget how to play the game only to suddenly wake up one day and remember how.

Then when watson came in we saw the defense play great and the O crap the bed. As I said, a tale of two seasons.

Some of us have grown to expect this. I mean after all we have been paying attention over the past 20+ years. And some call that being negative. Sometimes reality can appear to be negative. And after all, is it better to build up false expectations and be disappointed season after season? Or is it better to actually look at the history of a franchise mired in dysfunction? I mean at least if the worst thing happens you aren't totally disappointed and if something better happens you're pleasantly surprised. That's not a terrible scenario to embrace.

Will next year be better? If people don't wish to see a total rebuild of this FO and coaching staff from the ground up it better be. The 230 million dollar man better be the savior many proclaim he will be. And if the last half of last week becomes the norm he may very well be. The jury is still out on that one. But that is in the future. Something nobody can accurately claim they know the outcome of. As of now? Here we all sit with the Browns once again in, at best, 3rd place in their division. The AFC North Basement Bowl.
Liked Replies
by bigdatut
bigdatut
The Steelers can eat it. GO BROWNS tomorrow and forever.
2 members like this
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
Looks like a duplicate thread to me.
1 member likes this
by jfanent
jfanent
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Hammer
So what you are really saying is you want the Browns to win.

I do. But at this point how much difference does it really make?

A Browns/steelers game.....and "what difference does it make?" If someone needs to explain that to you, you don't belong here.
1 member likes this