Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And here we are yet again. Will the Browns end up in third place or the basement? Some spend a lot of time trying to make a purse out of a sows ear or think putting lipstick on a pig somehow makes this all better but it doesn't. We have seen a tale of two seasons. Under Brissett we saw a productive offense while the defense was crapping the bed. A defense that looked so good after a slow start last season once again looking like a totally new defense was being installed. The players seemed lost in the system. Of course the lipstick people tried to blame the players. As we've seen in the past weeks the players are fine. They don't just forget how to play the game only to suddenly wake up one day and remember how.

Then when watson came in we saw the defense play great and the O crap the bed. As I said, a tale of two seasons.

Some of us have grown to expect this. I mean after all we have been paying attention over the past 20+ years. And some call that being negative. Sometimes reality can appear to be negative. And after all, is it better to build up false expectations and be disappointed season after season? Or is it better to actually look at the history of a franchise mired in dysfunction? I mean at least if the worst thing happens you aren't totally disappointed and if something better happens you're pleasantly surprised. That's not a terrible scenario to embrace.

Will next year be better? If people don't wish to see a total rebuild of this FO and coaching staff from the ground up it better be. The 230 million dollar man better be the savior many proclaim he will be. And if the last half of last week becomes the norm he may very well be. The jury is still out on that one. But that is in the future. Something nobody can accurately claim they know the outcome of. As of now? Here we all sit with the Browns once again in, at best, 3rd place in their division. The AFC North Basement Bowl.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Steelers to the Basement !

A
Legend
Legend
A
I just want the Browns to win. It can be an ugly win, it can be a beautiful win. It can be a blowout win, or a last second fieldgoal to win 3-0. I just want the Browns to win.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
So what you are really saying is you want the Browns to win.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I couldn't watch last week but heard DW stepped it up in the 2nd half. Hoping to see some of that this weekend. I'm personally still waiting to see something elite. I couldn't decipher rather there were any of those last week from the comments because they are so biased in here. Some said he looked good, and others said he did not.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
It does feel like the afc north basement bowl, I have to agree. I think it will be a very close game, decided by the final possession in the 4th quarter. We shall see. Of course I want a Steelers win and for them to get into the playoffs. Or at least finish above 500. I don't think they would fare very well in the playoffs, but it would be a good experience for this very young Steelers team to get an idea what the playoffs are like. Would like to see Kenny Pickett continue showing improvement too. Hoping for an injury-free game for both teams.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
NE Ohio Steeler fan, sweet. I want Miles to drill P on first play and knock him out of the game. I want DW to throw four TDs and run one in and for us to absolutely smoke the Squeelers........GO Browns!!! I'd bet a buck we win by 3 in a close game.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted by hitt
NE Ohio Steeler fan, sweet. I want Miles to drill P on first play and knock him out of the game. I want DW to throw four TDs and run one in and for us to absolutely smoke the Squeelers........GO Browns!!! I'd bet a buck we win by 3 in a close game.

I'm old enough that my freshman year at Carnegie-Mellon in Pittsburgh was the first time they ever won the Superbowl. I have been a "traitor" ever since. I really don't want to see anyone hurt though. Go Steelers! Should be a good game.

Last edited by sk8termom; 01/04/23 10:50 PM. Reason: typo

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I couldn't watch last week but heard DW stepped it up in the 2nd half. Hoping to see some of that this weekend. I'm personally still waiting to see something elite. I couldn't decipher rather there were any of those last week from the comments because they are so biased in here. Some said he looked good, and others said he did not.
Watson was 7 of 11 for 146 yards He also rushed for about 30 yards. We only had 5 second half possessions. First three were touchdowns. The fourth was three straight runs and the fifth were kneel downs.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by sk8termom
Originally Posted by hitt

I'm old enough that my freshman year at Carnegie-Mellon in Pittsburgh was the first time they ever won the Superbowl. I have been a "traitor" ever since. I really don't want to see anyone hurt though. Go Steelers! Should be a good game.

You may want to take one of your slow runs during the game smile

Legend
Legend
Steelers can make the playoffs or end up in last place. I prefer the latter

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Looks like a duplicate thread to me.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Steelers to the Basement !

It would be great if you are right, but it feels like this is the year we split with all three division opponents, which means this will be a 'L'.

That said, I'm still in the boat where since we have absolutely nothing to play for, we'll be going out playing at a championship-level the way they SHOULD HAVE been playing all season.... nothing like giving Hope to foster early season ticket sales.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Hammer

I do. But at this point how much difference does it really make? It may help give the team some motivation going into the off season. It may show continued improvement in watson. But the reality is what it is. Another failed season.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Looks like a duplicate thread to me.

Of course it does.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Hammer

I do. But at this point how much difference does it really make?

A Browns/steelers game.....and "what difference does it make?" If someone needs to explain that to you, you don't belong here.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
In the grand scheme of things this game, no matter who the opponent is only makes the difference of third place or the basement. Not much. And yet another poster who thinks they have some sense of who belongs here and who doesn't because they don't agree with them. You guys should start a club if you haven't already.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
In the grand scheme of things this game, no matter who the opponent is only makes the difference of third place or the basement. Not much. And yet another poster who thinks they have some sense of who belongs here and who doesn't because they don't agree with them. You guys should start a club if you haven't already.

There is already a club, it's called "Browns' fans". You don't seem to be in the club.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Here you are starting another mess for the refs to have to clean up later I see. Some things never change.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Oh, the irony.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Exactly. The poster child for putting lipstick on a pig arrived at the scene.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
I don't even care which team ends up in the basement, but to see the Steelers with a losing record is golden.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I can't say I blame you there.

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
The Steelers can eat it. GO BROWNS tomorrow and forever.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
2 members like this: CapCity Dawg, THROW LONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
The word basement doesn't fit for 2 7 win teams. 4th place ok.
given the Browns and Bengals histories of years with 4 wins or 3 or less.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Well it ended up good. they know I don't like Watson, and I did complain he had some bad dropbacks, 2 on one drive.
he may have used a designed run play kind of like the raven/ and Lamar do so much, on one other play but there were the other bad dropbacks.

Well, he did have a really dumb play where he seemed so intent to prove he could scramble against the Pass rushers and drop back 35 yards and still throw.
does that work in the NFL? NO it ends in disaster more times.

then, on one play, DPJ broke away from the corner on the sideline and went up the line for a TD, now, he almost stepped out of bounds with step number 3, I thought he did kind of. but they didn't go back.
and DW had 2 more drives that ended in pass touchdowns

so, a 3 TD day ended up ok, you can't usually find much wrong with that, and I don't remember him throwing any int.
but, the dumb dropbacks
the dumb dropbacks, and when in previous weeks he looked afraid in the pocket or holding onto the ball too long, and
I get so tired of NFL players who appear to think, that because they are in the NFL, that they should and would be able to
duck around a tackle, deep in their own backfield, and do a 360 and think they would be fast enough to get away
and wind up losing another 30 yards or a fumble and it = disaster because they are not faster than physics except in their own mind.

But he looked top notch throwing 3 td and no picks in one half, it ended up that way.
but.
I still kind of figure, pine for, that there is no unlimited TOP END speed to DW, he has a ceiling
where in Baker Mayfield, I believed, well Baker, he could have thrown 6 td, in any half where he cathes fire and if he Mayfield caught on fire for enough games in a row they'd win the superbowl because of him, like steve young his one year with the niners.
and that
I don't think Watson, or ninetyning percent of all other NFL @bs will ever have that ability to cactch fire to unilimited ceiling like that.
But for a guy whose ceiling is probably a 3.5 td per half game then
for that , Watson looked elite, in at least the 2nd half of last weeks game. At least that's how it ended up.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Basement in sports terms means at the bottom. This game will decide which team will finish in the basement of the AFC North. I'm sorry that some people don't like the verbiage but it is the reality.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Gameday vs Pittsburgh The AFC Basement Bowl Browns Verses Steelers

Link Copied to Clipboard