Thread Like Summary
FATE, GratefulDawg, PastorMarc
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2000159 01/15/2023 9:41 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
This whole situation has turned into bizzaro world.

Everybody involved is giving the politically correct answer. But something is rotten in Denmark.

Nobody walks in Lamar's shoes. But it seems many are questioning why is he not playing?

Harbaugh and the Ravens say he is our guy and our future. Lamar is consistently quoted about all I want to do is win Super Bowls.

Yet what is really going on? No deal. No play. Three games from a Super Bowl. Way slower recovery from a PCL sprain. Questionable use of medical terminology. "Knee unstable."

Lamar has missed the playoffs before.

What would you do if you are the Ravens? Franchise tag available. How will Lamar react if the tag is applied?

Quarterbacks don't grow or fall off trees.

I would seriously consider trading him for max value. At least see what offers come.
Liked Replies
#2000222 Jan 16th a 01:43 PM
by Versatile Dog
Versatile Dog
Lamar not traveling w/the team is huge. Harbaugh looks like he is about to have a nervous breakdown. I wonder what Baltimore could get for Lamar in a trade? Analysts are saying even more than Watson got, but I don't know about that. Watson has always been a much better passer of the football than Lamar. I am not talking about stats. I'm talking about making reads, throwing to the right guy, using all parts of the field, accuracy, etc. Glad the Rats are in a precarious position. They stole our team.
1 member likes this
#2000311 Jan 16th a 08:44 PM
by BADdog
BADdog
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And the drama only gets ratcheted up.

Does he have a dog?
1 member likes this
#2001022 Jan 22nd a 03:50 PM
by jfanent
jfanent
I don't care what you do for a living, turning down 133 million guaranteed is a fools move. He may never get another offer that good. But I do have to say, "Mission accomplished, Andrew Berry!" thumbsup At least a portion of the mission.
1 member likes this
#2001576 Jan 26th a 12:00 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
I believe it will be a pleasant surprise how well the defense will play.

There is talent on the defense. Myles, Ward, Newsome, JOK, Delpit, Emerson, even Winfrey these are talented players.

Other guys like Taki, Walker, and even JJ3 are starter caliber players who can play in a scheme and be productive in defined roles.

The pieces to have a good defense are there. We just need to add players who are not liabilities and coach them properly.

1 member likes this