Thread Like Summary
FATE, ScottPlayersFacemask
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by MemphisBrownie
MemphisBrownie

Teams say this a lot and rarely does it ever happen. However, I think this situation is one where it very well could happen. The Bears are seemingly attaching their franchise to Fields and won't need to grab a QB. The Bears are potentially set to get quite a bit of draft capital for a team wanted to leap frog the field.
Liked Replies
by Versatile Dog
Versatile Dog
I get the numbers on Fields and Hurts. My point was that no one thought that Hurts would ever become that QB. He grew by leaps and bounds since he was in college and his first two years in the league. Josh Allen is another guy who went from erratic to really good.

All 3 guys have mad athletic skills and Fields and Hurts are very similar physically. I am not saying he will become good, but he can be good if he works hard, he gets good coaching, and they put the pieces around him. If the Bears trade the pick and draft Bryce Young, would he be more of a sure thing than Fields. Dude is probably under 6' tall and less that 200 lbs. We have seen how Tua's career has unfolded in regards to injuries.

If I am the Bears, I stick w/Fields and trade the first pick for a boatload of compensation. Every day of the week.
2 members like this