A while back, I posted about my bro and sister in law "adopting" 2 kids, for a year. They had let the mother, and the 2 kids, live with them. Bro even got the mother a job, whereby she would save up about a grand, then disappear for a week. She'd come back, broke, again.

That 1 year "guardianship" turned in to full adoption. Those kids are now my bro and sister inlaws - God bless them. They youngest is doing FANTASTIC. (they were both amazed 2 years ago when 'it's time for bed', and they layed on the floor but were told "No, you guys have your own beds." The youngest is excelling at school, and sports - youth sports. The older is giving some attitude, as in "I don't have to go to school. Welfare will take care of me."

Now these 2 are getting opportunities living with my bro and sis in law they never would've had. You know, things like "you have to go to school", or "yes, we have food to eat". I could not tell you the opportunities these kids have that they didn't before, because the mom was neck deep in "I don't have to do anything."

Moving monthly cause no money to pay rent or electric. But, money for drugs. And constantly asking my bro for money......Shoot, 1 of the dads lives in Texas. He was "coming up to see his kid" - made it to Chicago - then called my brother for money, cause he didn't have enough.....

Well, the kids, especially the youngest, are doing fine. Joe is a gem, a go getter, in school or in sports - and at home as well.

The mother has had 3 kids more. The last one, she finally realized - allowed the baby to be adopted. My bro and sis in law finally convinced the mom to put the other 2 up for adoption. Bro currently has legal rights, meaning the kids are not the moms until adoptive parents can be found............well, they found a couple that has met the requirements, and they are taking the 2 youngest ones tomorrow. Caveat is if it doesn't work out, my bro and sister in law will take them in.

My bro is 60, sis in law is 61.

I could go on and on, but I won't. Other than, people scam the system. My brother and sis in law have NEVER gotten a penny from the state, or the feds.