superbowldogg

+some juice to move up so they could select Will Anderson
Liked Replies
#2017079 May 30th a 09:21 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
I decided to put this post here.

It is indirectly related to DW.

The trade for Moore IMO will have the biggest impact on this offense. The reason is because Moore can line up anywhere. Also, he can be a target anywhere on the field. He ran a 4.35. He has long speed. But he also has quick speed. He can get open quickly. Then add he is a threat after the catch.

We did not have a guy like him. I like that he can get short yardage and then hit the jets.

He could be a safety valve on comeback routes if DW is avoiding the rush.

I like what he brings to the table. IMO DW is going to find him often. The more they connect. The better they will develop.

Moore is a guy who I think we will find out early was a steal.
2 members like this
#2016740 May 25th a 07:14 PM
by Day of the Dawg
Day of the Dawg
Burrow is a great QB. I hate that he plays for the Bengals. He reads defenses and processes information very quickly. He is fearless and stands in the pocket. I was impressed last year when he beat the Titans in a playoff game while being sacked 9 times. Most QB's would have been shell shocked and not looking down field getting hit that often. This is a silly argument saying he is not very good.
1 member likes this
#2016856 May 26th a 10:21 PM
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
It's pointless trying to say who is better. They are all good. It still takes good play around them for things to work. Receivers need to get open and catch the ball, linemen need to block. If those guys do their job, then all can be really good.

No doubt QB is important, but to me it isn't the most important position in sports except that it is possible for them to play every game. From a pure domination standpoint, a baseball pitcher or hockey goalie are more impactful than a QB.
1 member likes this
#2017654 Jun 7th a 11:12 AM
by eotab
eotab
Good to be back from the hospital.
Look all this stat stuff is not real football. You all are playing strat-0-matic a great game played in the 70-80's. Looks like the physical rust is finally kicking off. What will the results be. 4-13 with great QB stats you can blow it out of your butts. 13-4 as our record I could care less what Watson's stats are in my eyes he is playing great. The trade has two different roads completely different. One is a team built by the draft and FA. The other by Watson and FA but the later does not have the cap availability as does the draft build up. Both have a good nucleus to build on. Garrett, Ward, JOK, Newsome, etc. and on O our entire OL, Chubb, Cooper, DPJ a Healthy Mayfield or a replacement bought or drafted. Again I could have been convinced on the Watson trade if it wasn't for the sexual negatives that still hands over Watson's head. Sure wish he would apologize sincerely but he has shown no remorse what so ever. That is what is keeping me from going gaga over Watson. I really liked him com out of college with that national title. We will see, if he come out this year with the brilliance that you all project as in Bernie status. Then he is the best!

WE WILL SEE...I love my Browns and I hope to win this year. Cant wait too much longer.
1 member likes this
#2017869 Jun 8th a 10:12 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
When you watch the Combine or "pro days" for quarterbacks it is not about playing football.

There is no defense. No pressure. No reads. Just throw the ball.

That is what I am talking about now. Just watching clips of the OTA's and practice.

Deshaun Watson throws a beautiful ball. Watching him go through footwork drills. He is excellent. He moves and makes it look so easy.

From pure quarterbacking form DW looks as good as you can look. His form is sweet. His release is a clean over the top release. His throwing mechanics are spot on. Great hip rotation. All the small details that go into throwing a ball. DW has them all down pat. He can fire it or put touch on the ball.

He moves so well. Really good athlete.

Just watching him is like a clinic on how it is supposed to look when you throw a football.
1 member likes this
#2018372 Jun 14th a 12:00 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
There is one factor that plays a major role in success and failure in team sports.

That factor is confidence. Professional players have been around. In order to get to the level of a professional players they have seen good and bad.

They know talent. They know talent because they have competed against talent in order to become a professional.

Receivers have played with different quarterbacks. They have watched different quarterbacks. They know what great looks like.

So does every other player on a team. There is no fooling them. As a teammate when you practice you see. When you play games you see.

When teams become good and start winning confidence builds. They begin to believe in the team.

The Browns this season have to get to that point where they expect to win. As camp approaches and the hard work begins at some point before the season begins they need to build that confidence. Good practice and good preparation will help. Coaching counts.

The early part of the season is important. Winning is important. Losing is important. You can not fall behind especially if you have been a losing team.

IMO the Browns need to start fast. They need to win in order to believe they can. IMO this camp should set a tone. Urgency to win. I think by the end of camp the players should know. We are in it to win.

If the Browns can start fast and win games early it will go a long way for them to have a successful year.
1 member likes this