Thread Like Summary
Ballpeen, bonefish, Clemdawg, FATE, Homewood Dog, JimDawg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2025168 08/30/2023 12:56 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
Camp is over.

The roster is close to set.

Now begins the routine of the regular season. Game planning the Bengals.

When draft analysis of players is going on. You often hear the phrase "ceiling and floor."

That phrase can also be applied to the season.

We all know that DW's play on the field will be key. However, we have to look at the roster as well. The quarterback is dependent upon others to succeed. The OL, running backs, receivers and TE's all have a job that the qb depends upon.

Obviously, the defense has to hold the opponent.

The ceiling for the 2023 Browns is high. In fact it is the expectation of the fans and the organization.

The floor? IMO would be nine wins. This team has to have a winning season. If not heads will roll.

If the Browns put it all together the AFC pecking order will get turned on it's head.
Liked Replies
#2025307 Aug 31st a 01:00 PM
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
Hindsight makes all of us fans pretty good at selecting players.
2 members like this
#2025304 Aug 31st a 12:56 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
Sometimes people think that GM's have a magic wand.

Get rid of this guy. Trade for this guy. Draft this guy. Cap management is all wrong.

The reality is. It's not that simple.

Overall Andrew Berry has done a great job. Sure you will miss on draft picks like York and Anthony Schwartz. No GM is going to have all positive hits on draft picks. Berry has had hits and misses like all GM's.

Free agency is more of a target shot to improve the roster at specific weak points. Mistakes have been made but so have corrections been made.

It is all about construction of the roster and management of player contracts. Knowing how to balance the roster and manage the cap.

This is a good roster. IMO Berry has done a good job.
1 member likes this
#2025293 Aug 31st a 11:02 AM
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by leadtheway
yep all eyes are on stefanski and potentially Berry.. Stefanski for sure but will come down to whether or not owners feel there is talent not being coached or not enough talent. I think our FA talent acquisition has been good, our drafts have been very bad to mediocre. Our depth will show once we get a few injuries.. But I think this is Stefanski's last year without a deep playoff run

You may be the only one on DT WHO THINKS berry is a problem. I think he’s been good to great. I’d like to know who else thinks he’s an issue.

I think our FO has done a very good job.
1 member likes this
#2025375 Aug 31st a 05:54 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
I know the season has yet to be played. However, this season these players were added.

However, so far Moore, Tillman, Jones, DTR, Ika, and Wypler have had really good camps and look like players that will contribute.

Free agency Thornhill, Tomlinson, Ogbo, Pocic, Adams, Ford, Kunaszyk, Dobbs, Shelby Harris

Traded for Zadarius,

Every player added at least as we speak today appears to an upgrade in talent.

Dobbs was flat beat out. and traded.
1 member likes this
#2025345 Aug 31st a 04:21 PM
by Day of the Dawg
Day of the Dawg
If you look at the last 2 drafts he had no 1st round picks but he got
Deshaun Watson in 2022 basically as our 1st pick
In 2023 he traded for Elijah Moore.

So, while the team has had no 1st round picks, he has found creative ways to supply the team with 1st round talent.
1 member likes this