Thread Like Summary
FATE, FORTBROWNFAN, lampdogg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by eotab
eotab
So I have been waiting where I can sit and type I do apologize I cannot so I thought let me start the thread and continue little by little.

I didn't see #1 Thornhill out there did he play? I saw Walker giving instructions to some DL during the game.
Delpit played great his coverage was excellent and he cam to hit and tackle which he did.

Thank you for Schwartz - what a coach as he was running up and down the sidelines and participated as much as possible. Not one of these stroke the chin and stand there like a statue ahem Stefanski.
I did not like his play calling at all. There did not seem to be any flow it was as if he was just calling plays that did not connect with each other.

Watson I was not pleased with although at the end of the game he seemed to take control. But it was his accuracy or lack of that got me down on him. Too many passes just thrown in the dirt as a wide open Cooper is standing there waiting for the ball. The lack of touch and accuracy on the long passes, I guess I've been watching too many old games on You tube where Bernie mastered to the long pass.

But Goodwin flew by the defender and was open long only to have to stop and play defender cause Watson just had to throw that ball much earlier or longer. Just bad execution.

Man our defense was AWESOME!! got to stop here - leg bleeding and I have to raise it...I should get use to using the lap top instead of the pc.

Oh got NFL ticket on you tube but looks like I won't need it till week 3.

Last opener win - was my last game I attended as our RG Paul Zuck sent tickets at Willl Call for me, wife and son. His fiance made me a board of pics from camp but I lost it as my ride got pissed at me I think cause I brought my wife to the game...smh I am so naive . Anyways haven't been there since for a game. This is the first year we are looking good.

Sorry about Conklin but it was something I expected to happen. So so happy for the Giant to get his shot. I love the kid and think he will be great. I took a look and he stayed with his man on passing plays Watson didn't have to pay attention to any pressure from there. Running plays mainly to Ford got no where but then we always run better left.

See you later but help yourself and tell us WHAT YOU SAW!
Go Browns
Liked Replies
by FATE
FATE
And last year we had a DC playing checkers.
1 member likes this
by Damanshot
Damanshot
Strong D.. Week QB work but I'll give him a pass due to weather. I'd say he better get a lot better at his job in bad weather. Some folks say, hey, Burrows had a bad game also, but I think you can attribute that to a tough as nails D.

Chubb is as always, one tough SOB. That guy is amazing.

Oline did a decent job.

Dline was crazy good.

DB's were terrific

A few nice catchs by the WR's.

Nice catch by Harrison for a TD.

Overall, I loved watching this game. I the O continues to progress and the D stands tall we're in for a fun year.
1 member likes this
by lampdogg
lampdogg
Tabber, I re-watched the game last night. I saw this:

1. A secondary that was very tight in coverage. Their vaunted WR group did next to nothing, could NOT get open.
2. A pass rush that was all over their OL, and a run D that didn’t give them anything either.
3. A steady kicker.
4. Delpit come in fast on a safety blitz, right in Burrows’s face to disrupt the play and get a clean hit.
5. Watson was iffy early on but he seemed to get steadier as the game went on and made plays when we needed them: the TD run, a third-and/-10 completion to Cooper on the same drive and another beauty throw to DPJ on an intermediate out route to the sideline. Great job that DPJ hung on after taking a solid smack to knock him out of bounds.
6. We even out-punted them; our guy was much better than their guy.
1 member likes this