Thread Like Summary
Clemdawg, PitDAWG, PortlandDawg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2029611 09/23/2023 9:02 PM
by YTownBrownsFan
YTownBrownsFan
Ugh.

My dog decided that he should chase something ..... and for the 1st time ever managed somehow to get around or over the barricade I have between my garage and my neighbor's fence. I heard him yip, and then I went around to find him in my neighbor's front yard. He turned, and I saw this huge red streak down his side.

He manages to somehow rip his side open, to the tune of almost 12 " long. Of course my vet wasn't in today, (and he usually is in on Saturdays) so I had to take him to the emergency vet ...... and $1100 and 5 hours later, we're home.

The dog is sleeping now, so that's good.
Liked Replies
#2033029 Oct 7th a 10:42 PM
by YTownBrownsFan
YTownBrownsFan
He's OK. I don't see any signs of infection in his wound area, so that's good. (knock on wood) He's still leaking a bit from his drain. He got up on my bed, and a few minutes later, I felt something disgustingly damp on my shirt, and his drain leaked a bit onto my shirt. Ah the joys of having a dog. crazy lol He's got all of his strength back, though.
2 members like this
#2030811 Sep 26th a 10:08 PM
by YTownBrownsFan
YTownBrownsFan
So, Dobby is doing pretty well. He has about 100 stitches in his side, and has to wear a cone, (which he hates) and he has a drain in his side that is a real mess, but he is doing pretty well.

He got checked by my vet today, and is healing nicely. That visit cost me only $57. wink
1 member likes this
#2032940 Oct 7th a 04:02 AM
by Clemdawg
Clemdawg
We're considering pet insurance for our current dog. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe the next time our homeowner's policy comes up for review.

If Dawgs remember, my Rottweiler Bella needed two spinal operations to prevent paralysis in her hindquarters. 5 figures both times. I'll never complain about the money, it was worth it for privilege of being custodian to such an amazing personality.

Pets are a true life commitment.
If you aren't all-in for those you've chosen to place in your care, you shouldn't have them in your life.
1 member likes this