Thread Like Summary
DeisleDawg, FATE, FORTBROWNFAN, Steubenvillian
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2035548 10/18/2023 3:09 AM
by 10YrOvernightSuccess
10YrOvernightSuccess
Consistency. I don’t know if we’ll get that on offense this week with the ???’s hanging over Deshawn but the defense is proving pretty consistently awesome!

I’m struck that every game so far this year has been kind of a surprise.

Actually win a season opener? Maybe. By 3 touchdowns against a legit playoff hopeful and rival? Surprise!

Lose ugly the very next game to a pretty marginal Steelers? Surprise!

Blow the doors off the Titans? Surprise!

Have our rookie QB start last minute in a humiliating home town beat down? Surprise! (I actually kinda felt this was gonna go this way but still surprised it was that bad coming off the Titans win)

The very next game, coming off the bye (when we historically suck) some PJ guy gets promoted off the practice squad and we beat the best team in football? Surprise!

And now the colts. What the hell to make of this game? Wouldn’t it be refreshing if, coming off a great win we just played a good football game on both sides of the ball and won another one convincingly? I mean hey, the lack of whiplash would kinda be a surprise!

It’s a good thing I’m not a betting man because I’d go broke this season.
Liked Replies
#2035556 Oct 18th a 10:35 AM
by MemphisBrownie
MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c…

**Checks Hunt and Ford rushing props**
1 member likes this
#2035939 Oct 19th a 11:22 PM
by YTownBrownsFan
YTownBrownsFan
I'd like to see them not let down, and demolish a team they should demolish.
1 member likes this
#2035944 Oct 19th a 11:38 PM
by lampdogg
lampdogg
I see what you did there
1 member likes this
#2035973 Oct 20th a 11:59 AM
by Cleats
Cleats
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
I am just going for simple here, no injuries and a win. IT can be 30-0, but I won't get greedy.

It's obvious most would like to see a heathy Watson at QB. I also want to see more discipline from our guys by FEWER PENALTIES! We had 13 penalties for 119 yards in the last game.
In Steeler game we had 8 for 81 yds.
Titans game we had 5 for 46 yds.
Ravens game, 6 for 55 yds.
I know the officiating wasn't the best in the last game but jeez, with 3 or 4 fewer penalties against us that game could have been a more comfortable win.
1 member likes this
#2036038 Oct 20th a 07:09 PM
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Denzel Ward: “we have zero tolerance for disrespect”

This is something that often times people get confused about. Respect is a thing that is earned not given. If there was any doubt in anyone's mind, the game this D played against San Fransisco means they have earned that respect.
1 member likes this
#2036084 Oct 21st a 03:04 AM
by Clemdawg
Clemdawg
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Word is the 49ers were staring us down in pre-game and running into out half of the field during warmups

They were staring at the ground at the end of the game.
Our D made this game fun to watch.

They pretty much made Brock Purdy "Mr. Irrelevant" all over again.
1 member likes this