Thread Like Summary
DeisleDawg, oobernoober, Tackman, WSU Willie
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2039270 11/01/2023 12:28 AM
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
DTR or Walker?

To me, I'd stay with Walker with hopes that he's a bit more comfortable with another tough start under his belt.

I don't dislike the idea of sprinkling in some DTR in spots like we did last week though
Liked Replies
#2039293 Nov 1st a 02:21 AM
by Rishuz
Rishuz
There's only one way DTR duplicates his performance from the Ravens game and that's if Stefanski hangs him out to dry with his play calling.

There's a lot to like. Five year starter at a big school. Accurate. Strong arm. Mobile. Confident. Is there really that much difference between him and a Willis, Levis, Richardson, Howell, Corral, Ridder, Hooker, Bennett? All of those guys went higher than DTR. They do all suck, but that puts some odds on our side...someone from that group has to rise up out of the ashes; why not DTR? smile And besides, he might have been higher than all of those guys on the Browns board. It's just a matter of perspective. Would people change their opinion if the Browns drafted him at the end of the second round?

If Stefanski could just make the game a little simple for him and get him going, I think we are going to like the results. He needs help from his coach. Stefanski has proven he only calls games one way - like he has Mahomes back there. If he could just find the mental aptitude for once to dial it back, we might have something.

I do think the staff really, really likes him. I think they believe they did him a disservice against the Ravens and feared they would ruin him which is why Walker started the last three. I know Walker was bad, but even in light of that, and with no QB move today, they would not make a move to DTR if he wasn't ready just because Walker was bad.

I am the first member of the DTR fan club. I don't mind sinking with this ship if it comes to that. If he isn't good, I was wrong. But people are getting too caught up in where he was drafted and not the player himself. Not every successful player in the NFL has to come from the first round.

We'll see how it goes. There will be people on here who wish for him to fail just to stick it to me, but that's ok. I got broad shoulders. If he plays poorly, I will say so. But I like what I have seen from him. Just get him going a little bit.
1 member likes this
#2039441 Nov 1st a 10:42 PM
by Steubenvillian
Steubenvillian
I was at the Baltimore game, and DTR looked shellshocked from the beginning. He does not have a strong arm, he struggled to throw the ball downfield. His long ball looked like a bad punt. Walker is just horrible. He is constantly not looking at open guys over the middle. He throws as many turnovers as completions it seems. Either way, 30 years and counting, and still no QB. The defense that everyone was gushing over, forgot how to stop the run, and tackle. The loss to Seattle, IMO, is at their feet.

Put Watson on the field. What is the use of saving him. He has played just as bad as Walker, except one game. Him not playing is just putting him a position to claim he is "rusty". I have been in his corner, but it is time for him to do something, anything for this team.

Actually, I am just tired of everything about this team. There is always something that derails them, and when there isn't either the offense or defense lays an egg. If they win, it will mean nothing, because the two division games coming up will absolutely be losses. I'm not even mad at the coaching, it just appears that after all these years, my buddy was right. The Browns will never be good, it is part of the script.
1 member likes this
#2039682 Nov 3rd a 02:51 PM
by SaintDawg
SaintDawg
I'm not sure this is the right question to be asking. The correct question IMO, is what playcalling do you want? Again IMO.. that answer is Run the Ball Kevin! Screens, quick strikes, target Njoku For Gawds sakes Stefanski help out the QB.. either one.
1 member likes this
#2039745 Nov 3rd a 06:32 PM
by MemphisBrownie
MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted by Frenchy
Sweet Baby Jesus.
1 member likes this