#2053425 01/06/2024 9:27 PM
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
Ravens vs Steelers about to kickoff .. feels kinda nice to not worry about it
Liked Replies
#2053706 Jan 8th a 02:57 AM
by Clemdawg
Clemdawg
I'm sticking with my mantra. No expectations in the post-season.

This team has pleasantly surprised me all season long. Strafed by a ridiculous number of injuries, they've just kept going. And winning.
2-game win streak, followed by a 3-game win streak, followed by a 4-game win streak. Only once this season did they suffer a losing streak, and that was only 2 games (the 2-game swing out west). That is the record of a legitimate playoff team- one that deserves to be here as much as any other.

It may seem crazy to other Dawgs, but I don't care who's up next on the schedule.
I've adopted this team's approach, based on Coach Stef's philosophy: "Go out there, and get us to 1-0."

A team that is:
decimated by injuries
overcomes those injuries
lives the 1-0 philosophy all year

earns its way to the post-season.
That team is uniquely positioned to thrive in a one-and-done atmosphere. For them, the "Second Season" should feel virtually indistinguishable from the reg season. In short: they've treated every game this season like a playoff game. Advantage: the team with more 1 & done experience.

For as long as this coaster rolls, I'm 100% down with whatever comes next. No NFL team worries me v. CLE 2023.
What a blast this season continues to be.

Bring on whatever's next. I lived through 1-31. This is so much better.
2 members like this
#2053459 Jan 7th a 12:43 AM
by jfanent
jfanent
Originally Posted by redddog
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by redddog
Originally Posted by jfanent
I'd love to see 3 AFC North teams in the playoffs.
Why?

To prove it's the toughest division in the NFL. And to see the steelers get their clock cleaned in the first round.
The amount that that have owned us…I don’t want to see the stoolers anywhere NEAR the playoffs.

I’m pissed.

They don't scare me in the least. But we won't play them even if they make it. They'll be one and done.
1 member likes this
#2053642 Jan 7th a 08:59 PM
by redddog
redddog
Stoolers in.

I have a bad feeling about that.
1 member likes this