Thread Like Summary
Ballpeen, dawglover05, FATE, GMdawg, PortlandDawg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by PortlandDawg
PortlandDawg
I’ve been listening to a lot more standup as of late. It’s easy to fall into a YouTube rabbit hole of great comedy. Many, if not most comedians, work blue, making posting clips to share here on DT, not board appropriate. It doesn’t preclude us from encouraging each other to seek out new comedians, suggested here, on our own.

Currently the guy that is busting me up is Tom Segura. He’s got a special called Sledghammer that’s easy to find excerpts from on YouTube. Good stuff. He’s been around for quite awhile but I feel like he’s really found his voice with this special.

I could list a bunch of others but would rather we each share our favorite current ONE.

Again, mine is Tom Segura. Do yourself a favor and look him up.

Who you got?
Liked Replies
by archbolddawg
archbolddawg
John Crist.
1 member likes this
by FATE
FATE
I could watch the same Sebastian Maniscalco special over and over and still laugh my butt off!
1 member likes this
by dawglover05
dawglover05
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Michael Palascak. I'm biased on this front because he was my college room (house) mate. Also a Browns fan. Great dude. He's been on Last Comic Standing and all the late night shows. He actually has a bit about me, but I won't share that here laugh

Other than that, Nate Bargatze is awesome. He's clever, all appealing and doesn't try to hard to fill a niche, which is rare these days. His style of humor is seamless. He's probably my front runner out of the big names.

Sebastian Maniscalco. I've always liked his style. He's very entertaining.

Mark Normand is good. Pushes the boundaries without being cringey or shock-based, which is what I like.

I used to like Jim Gaffigan, but his last few have been real mail-ins.

John Mulaney is classic.

Fortune Feimster is very good.

Iliza Schlesinger also good.

Come on now, I asked for one per post! Lol
All good. Many of those same comedians would have made my list too.

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!! wink
1 member likes this
by FATE
FATE
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Brad Upton.

Good stuff! Had never heard of him but ended up watching two specials last night. Resonates with all of us over 50!
1 member likes this
by FATE
FATE
Regan is on my Mt. Rushmore. Brian Regan: The Epitome of Hyperbole is an all-time classic in my book.

1 member likes this
by archbolddawg
archbolddawg
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Originally Posted by FATE
Hoping to see him in Fort Wayne this March. 👍

He's also my cousin. If he's going to be in Ft. Wayne, wife and I will be there - although March is filling up fast with softball games to ump.

Are the rest of your cousins movie stars? Are there any normal people in your family?? Geez lol.

I'll PM you if we're going, unfortunately we'll have to wait a bit as we're anticipating moving home to Ohio within the next few months... just playing the waiting game with GM.

No, the rest aren't. I'm the bum of the family, truthfully. But I do have a cousin that I call Grizzly Adams. He can and will out hunt and out fish most people.

Most of the rest? Eh, millionaires (Crist, GNT, and others - doctors, etc)

But yeah, GNT, Crist, Crist's dad (Johnny), surgeons, orthodontists, h.s. principals, business owners, etc.

I was wrong. Another cousin (and these are all second cousins, but each of them would know me by sight) Amanda Siebert was just recently on Shark Tank, with her husband and a friend.
1 member likes this
by leadtheway
leadtheway
Rodney Carrington, dude could be a professional recording artist if he chose, his shows are hilarious in person, I've seen about 8 times. Started out on Bob and Tom, did a sitcom for awhile and a few movies, one with Toby keith. But I think he Live at the Majestic is on netflix. But Funny guy and has an energetic show
1 member likes this