Thread Like Summary
FATE, mgh888, PitDAWG, PrplPplEater, ScottPlayersFacemask
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2055194 01/16/2024 12:49 AM
by DeisleDawg
DeisleDawg
I really don't care who wins this game

Both teams have had recent SB appearances

I'm going to try and watch, only because football is nearing the end and the gap with no football

Most of us dread

Lions Bills SB game is what I would like to see

I like CJ Stroud, he's young and will have his chances.

Allen has really played very well and he the Bills team and the Bills fans need to see a SB game

My Cousin played WR for the Lions so they have always been my favorite NFC team.

Them being able to reach that stage for the first time would be great !

Unfortunately Vegas will have the 49ers and Ravens in the SB

Hopefully I'm wrong about that
Liked Replies
#2055263 Jan 16th a 03:29 PM
by MemphisBrownie
MemphisBrownie
j/c:

My earlier thoughts going into the weekend...
Some potential upsets I'm thinking about.

1. Tampa Over Philadelphia-- The Eagles have had a pretty bad defense all season but their secondary has really been exploited and opposing teams have passed on them at-will. A player like Mike Evans could have a huge game and Baker should be in a very good spot with the amount of passing attempts I'm expecting him to have.

Outside of Evans having a good game, the Philly defense portion was on point. They were BAD, and Tampa/Baker exploited that in their game plan and passed a ton.
2 members like this
#2055634 Jan 18th a 12:26 AM
by DeisleDawg
DeisleDawg
Pit ! do you sing Baker Baker TD maker in the shower or around the camp fire ? LOL smile Just having fun

You are so right about fans and feelings.Good post Pit.

I was at the Thursday night game when Baker Thankfully won that game and opened up the beer fridges.

I sat with Columbus Dawg that night as we sat together in club seats

The couple in front of us moved like 7 rows down because I was being well, lets say, enthusiastic.

Okay emotionally annoying !

The Browns won ! I sat in my seat and cried, the couple who moved down 7 rows came back up to their seats in the row in front of us

The lady said, you are crying. I said yes. I'm sorry for my actions but I needed to see my team win.

She said it's okay and you're my new best friend. We became very close because of Baker winning that game

I was very grateful for Baker and I rooted for him. But for some reason, I just grew from him.

I didn't mesh with his personality and I just started to not like him. Idk how to explain it.

So yes you are very right about fans and feelings towards a player, heck it isn't any difference from posters on this board to people in life

You may like or not like someone simply based on how you feel about that person more so than what that person contributes.

As far as the NFL being rigged. There are still many people who love watching the WWE not me who know it's rigged.

But still watch and support it because of the enterntainment they enjoy from it.

More and more people are claiming the NFL is rigged and with all the betting and gambling being promoted

Seems Vegas could have some part of how Refs call or don't call a play

Been going on for some time now

Again, it's my opinion and I respect yours

Doesn't going to make me not like you because you have your own thoughts on things

Everyone on this board and in daily life have their own thoughts and beliefs

That's what makes life interesting

And if I get a chance to run into you again, will you please sing me a little of that

Bake Baker TD maker ! smile

Have a good one my friend !
2 members like this
#2055252 Jan 16th a 02:11 PM
by Homewood Dog
Homewood Dog
Glad to see Baker doing well!
1 member likes this
#2055703 Jan 18th a 04:44 PM
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
I don't mind everyone having a different opinion. Heck, I go round and round with people in the political forum and some of them I've met in person and as for GM we are Buds. To some extent Peen as well. But that's where I leave it. It's not personal to me and it means nothing to me outside of our discussions in that forum. Some people have a problem doing that. But if they actually feel that disagreeing on politics is a reason to hate or stay mad at someone that's a burden they will have to bear. FATE and I go at it like crazy, but even though I almost never drink anymore, he would be someone I would love to sit down and have a beer with.

I do find one thing rather strange however. Some of the same people that hold disdain over Baker complain that Stefanski isn't emotional enough and doesn't show enough fire on the sidelines. And I'm pretty sure some of those very same people, if their employers were trying to replace them, they too would want to be let out of their contract to seek better opportunities elsewhere.

I just love watching the NFL. I watch a lot of games and have players I root for outside of the Browns. I understand why the Browns wanted to upgrade at the QB position. As anyone can obviously tell you I didn't like who they chose as that replacement for reasons that are painfully obvious but still I get the need for the upgrade.

So yeah, I hope Baker does well and I certainly have no ill will against him. Just like since watson is the Browns QB I hope he does well. People can think what they want about that but there are 52 other players on that roster and a coaching staff involved. I'm not petty enough to hope this team fails just because I don't care for one guy.
1 member likes this