by bonefish
bonefish
Interesting:
Liked Replies
#2061975 Mar 9th a 12:28 PM
by mgh888
mgh888
Originally Posted by bonefish
You dislike the facts so you refuse to accept the facts. Just like trump lost the election and broke the law trying to remain in power.

I came to this thread a little late and I guess I didn't miss much.

Interesting I think it sort of distilled down to the essence of the next election for an "swing voter" - i.e a voter that isn't going to vote party line regardless of the candidate.

The question I think comes down to

[1] Is Biden mentally fit to run the country

versus

[2] Can you vote for a guy who refuses to admit he lost, tried to break the law to stay in power - and did and said all the very, very, very long list of all the trash, narcistic, non-American, self interest B.S tings.

Maybe that's being captain obvious - but it's what I think it comes down to. Immigration, economy, Isreal, Ukraine - all take a back seat to those two drivers. And it's prbably been said before but I'd vote for rock covered in moss before I'd vote for the corruptness and chaos that is Trump.

And personally I think Biden's memory is going fast - I hate the choice the Democrats have forced on the voters. But given his state of the union speech and performance - when he's on form he's much more able to talk intelligently than Trump. For all the cringeworthy moments of Biden stumbling and looking bad - Trump has as many brain farts and moments of utter brainlessness. What a freaking choice for the most powerful nation on earth - what more do you need to see to know the system is totally broke.
2 members like this
#2061321 Mar 3rd a 10:42 AM
by GMdawg
GMdawg
As I have been screaming. Neither side has a candidate worth voting for. Our country is supose to be so great, yet all we can come up with is Biden and Trump. Talk about making us Americans all look stupid.
1 member likes this
#2061372 Mar 4th a 12:27 AM
by FATE
FATE
NOBODY is buying this narrative that Trump and Biden are in the same galaxy in a cognitive sense. rofl

Biden completes three sentences per month. Every time he's on any 'stage' is an unmitigated disaster. And that's for someone that's in full hiding, picks his own audience, and has cue cards to recite his own name.

Y'all can keep saying it, nobody is believing it.

[Linked Image from static.foxnews.com]

[Linked Image from gdb.voanews.com]
1 member likes this
#2061448 Mar 4th a 06:07 PM
by dawglover05
dawglover05
Originally Posted by FATE
Good post.

It's important to look beyond the scope of an event and toward what that event will do to shape the future. While I don't share the same overwhelming feelings, in this case, make no mistake -- I share them.

Setting stupid, dangerous, even obscene precedents is the fountain that has created a flood of problems in this country. Especially over the past ten years.

As far as the ongoing "kiss the ring" discussion. I think it's wildly mischaracterized. Please don't think I'm saying it isn't there -- it is.

That IS NOT what I get when I see ridiculous commercials like the one above. I watch that, laugh, and see a week candidate that can't stand on his own record or ideas. I roll my eyes. But I also understand the strategy. A candidate that has nothing else assuming he has an automatic 30% by kissing Donnie's ass.

We've got four more years of [censored], regardless of how this pans out. Then, hopefully, we can start moving in a more united direction. I'll be honest though, I doubt that that will be true for a while longer. COVID taught these power-hungry POS humans how strongly division sells and the media is the tail that wags that dog.

Good post yourself. I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut wink laugh

The "kiss the ring" for me comes about in terms of quantity as well as the hyperbole of the ads themselves. He was just one guy, but there are lots of others. I'm going to make myself sound like an old man, but just watching Jeopardy every day and you get inundated. Not only with the guy I showed you, but also with some other guy who dresses like a drill sergeant, and them some other guy who pours concrete. All three invoke the Trump name with commercials so ignorant it makes me laugh at first, before I realize a ton of people will take them seriously.

Last election, across the river, Daniel Cameron lost to Andy Beshear by only 5 points. Cameron's ads in my area were all "Trump, Trump, Trump!" One of them even had a message from the Donald himself where he endorsed Cameron (but actually really endorsed himself). Oddly enough, had RvW not been overturned, I think Cameron could have taken Kentucky. I tried to find the commercial, but couldn't see it readily available.

I was really hoping that Republicans would move away from Trump after the 2020 election and J6, but it seems those that did (Kinzinger, Cheney, Gonzo, etc.) were actually censored, ousted, etc. and those who initially condemned him (McCarthy), went back to kiss the ring. It almost galvanized his hold on the party. That is the moment when I really started getting concerned. Then the cascading of politicians seeking his endorsement kept adding to those concerns.
1 member likes this
#2061473 Mar 4th a 11:02 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
I really do not care about any party.

All I want is someone who can govern with vision and foresight. Understand what policies benefit the general population.

I had always thought that middle ground and compromise was a good thing. Cooperation is needed to accomplish realistic goals.

Nothing is getting done by the government today. It is nothing but partisan politics which is useless.
1 member likes this
#2062090 Mar 10th a 07:21 PM
by dawglover05
dawglover05
Same. Manchin and Haley both said no so I’m curious to see who they get, if anyone.
1 member likes this