DawgTalkers.net
Hue Jackson: New Browns are causing 'cleansing of this organization'

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22930649/coach-hue-jackson-new-players-cleansing-cleveland-browns

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Cleveland Browns coach Hue Jackson already senses a different energy within an organization that has gone 1-31 over the past two seasons.

"There will be a cleansing of this organization, and it's going to be because of the players that we've added on this team," Jackson said Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings. "It's going to be because of the new mindset of the players that are returning to this team."

Jackson's comment came after a reporter brought up a minute-long hype video posted on social media by recently acquired wide receiver Jarvis Landry over the weekend. It shows Landry working alongside new quarterback Tyrod Taylor and running back Carlos Hyde along with tight end David Njoku and wide receiver Ricardo Louis.

Landry's video has already received more than 29,000 likes on Twitter and over 337,000 views on Instagram.

"Instagram's great, isn't it?" Jackson said. "These guys are having a great time together. They're getting to know one another."

Jackson also applauded how Taylor has gone out of his way to reach players on the entire team, inspiring those on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.

"It starts with the quarterback," Jackson said of changing the culture on the team. "He's got to do the most. He's the one who's spearheading those things that are happening."

Taylor is one of the 12 new faces on the Browns over the first two weeks of free agency. Cleveland has traded for Landry and cornerback Damarious Randall as well signing Hyde, right tackle Chris Hubbard, cornerbacks T.J. Carrie, Terrance Mitchell and E.J. Gaines, tight end Darren Fells, defensive end Chris Smith, offensive tackle Donald Stephenson and quarterback Drew Stanton.

The Browns became just the second team to finish 0-16 in an NFL season, joining the 2008 Detroit Lions for the greatest futility in league history. Only three other teams since 1960 have gone winless: The 1960 Dallas Cowboys were 0-11-1; the 1976 Tampa Bay Bucs were 0-14; and the 1982 Baltimore Colts were 0-8-1.
How is he going to talk about an organizational cleanse when he still hasn't jumped into Erie?
Kind of hard to buy into all of this 'insight' after last year. He might be more believable if he had done some crucial things differently, better, adjusted. Lots of talk. Back it up.

The cleansing is overdue. The fans are not waiting patiently. That support is not bottomless.

Go, Browns!
The Killer B's
The Triplets
The NY Sack Exchange
The Legion of Boom
The Purple People Eaters
The Steel Curtain

and now...

...The Scrubbing Bubbles

Ugh...

Some are going to scream 'agenda', but I hate hearing Hue say this stuff. What he's saying is probably accurate, and these guys are football players that should have developed thick skin already... but I still wish the HC of my team had a little more tact than this.
Some people who have a clue about football knew that the roster was a disaster. Thank God that Sashi was fired, Hue was retained, and Dorsey was brought in.

We needed to "cleanse" that filth.
Quote:
Thank God that Sashi was fired, Hue was retained, and Dorsey was brought in.

We needed to "cleanse" that filth.

They left a spot.
Yeah, Depo is still here.
Pi--burp lost their final game of the 1943 season,0-10 during 1944 and lost first 3 games of 1945 season that's 14 in a row. a side note 1943 had to combine with Philadelphia to be represented in league (first winning record in their franchise history 5-4-1),1944 combined with Chicago Cards to field team,then went back to not merging 1945 on.
hue is a much better coach than Sashi ever was a GM.
if Sashi was still the GM he would have been targeting Joe Fudrucker out of Iowa Methodist Tech as his QB in the draft
Hue says this every year.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/ubb/newreply/Board/1/Number/1428739/what/showflat/fpart/1

I just wish he would shut-up and coach us to some wins.

Try that.

Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
hue is a much better coach than Sashi ever was a GM.
if Sashi was still the GM he would have been targeting Joe Fudrucker out of Iowa Methodist Tech as his QB in the draft

Fudrucker has a nice arm ......

wink rofl
Quote:
Some people who have a clue about football knew that the roster was a disaster.

Some people who have a clue about football should know that a coach should be able to win more than 1 game in 2 years with a draft of over 200 players...

Good coaches can win with okay talent. Players are drafted every year..and yet the GM is blamed because he didn't get the right or best talent..

Why Have a draft with more than 3 rounds.. Coaches need the very best out of collage to win..so have 3 rounds..get your players..stop cutting grocery baggers and waste everyones time...

Coaches can only win with the best players....Ask Bill Bellichek he's winning with Cut Browns Players...

Hue Sucks.
Quote:

I just wish he would shut up and go back to Cinnci
To quote Sam, "You've never seen a jockey carry the horse over the finish line."
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:
Some people who have a clue about football knew that the roster was a disaster.

Some people who have a clue about football should know that a coach should be able to win more than 1 game in 2 years with a draft of over 200 players...

Good coaches can win with okay talent. Players are drafted every year..and yet the GM is blamed because he didn't get the right or best talent..

Why Have a draft with more than 3 rounds.. Coaches need the very best out of collage to win..so have 3 rounds..get your players..stop cutting grocery baggers and waste everyones time...

Coaches can only win with the best players....Ask Bill Bellichek he's winning with Cut Browns Players...

Hue Sucks.

Brady was cut by the Browns ?? When ?
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Hue says this every year.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/ubb/newreply/Board/1/Number/1428739/what/showflat/fpart/1

Try that.

Hue is like the Pied Piper... wait, what am I even saying? haha
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
The Killer B's
The Triplets
The NY Sack Exchange
The Legion of Boom
The Purple People Eaters
The Steel Curtain

and now...

...The Scrubbing Bubbles

OMG that's hilarious.... rofl
I really hope Hue Jackson is a great motivator because he consistently says some of the dumbest stuff.
I could care less what Hue or any coach says now through week 1 ... its almost all BS and FLUFF ....

Hue was dealt a horrible hand (then he mis played it making it worse) ... well now the delaer has changed and the new dealer will give Hue a much much better hand to play with ...

We have a new OC ... Hues role will be MUCH MUCH DIFFERENT ....

Hue has a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to right this ship ... he’s got a very good coaching staff around him ... the offensive minds we have in C-Town right now rivals any in football ..... and he will have a much different/better hand to play with ...

We’ll find out what type of HC he is now .... we know he stunk at being HC/OC of last years team ...

GOOD LUCK HUE ...
Quote:
we know he stunk at being HC/OC of last years team ...

You could almost say it was "filthy".
j/c

Not a Hue hater. Glad we retained him.

But man, I hate it when he speaks to the media.
THAT was priceless! I can see THAT on the stadium big screen a tron with the ever annoying "it's third down!" blaring repeatedly. Of course, these scrubbing bubbles require a toilet bowl.

This is all, just so, so, well poetic!

Well done!
The new GM blames Sashi too. Just read my sig.

He must suck too. lmao
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

He must suck too. lmao

Quote:
Well, that didn't take long. Less than a week after new Browns general manager John Dorsey blasted the previous regime and the players currently on the roster, and in the process put everyone on notice, he walked back those comments.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/brown...of-hue-jackson/

Quote:
"Listen, you guys are professional wordsmiths," Dorsey said, via ESPN.com. "I am not a professional wordsmith. I'm a football guy. My intent was to say we don't have enough good football players. There's some good football players on this team.
Yeah, sometimes when you speak from the gut people don't like it and you have to kiss a little azz. It doesn't change what you meant though. lol

He must suck too. lmao

Cause Sashi sucking and Hue doing a bad job are mutually exclusive ... rolleyes ...

U always defend Hue ... i get it .. i dont understand it but i get it ... not sure why u defend a guy that made OBVIOUS GLARING MISTAKES based on the fact the GM sucked more ... thats really the only defense i’ve seen u use ..

Please ... feel free to defend his use of Duke last year ... or would u prefer to defend how he handled Kizer ... unless of course u thought he did a good job handling Kizer ... or maybe you’d like to defend the fact he abondon the running game EVEN AFTER SAYING HE WOULD USE IT MORE ... the man came out and admitted himself early in the year that he was not running enough ... and he needed to get Duke more involved ... well ... he got Duke SLIGHTLY more involved and i think he actually threw more after that ...

U know Pit ... and this really baffles me cause you used to be a pretty fair guy ..

Sashi SUCKED ... no doubt ... i thanked him and said good bye cause of the TEAR DOWN and where were at now ... its not like i think he did a good job ... he didn’t get a qb (THANK GOD OR HE’D STILL BE HERE .. ) ... AND HE CLEARLY DIDN’T UNDERSTAND veteran leadership and how much it meant ...

But u know what ... He was put in a job he had ZERO QUALIFICATIONS FOR .... ZERO .... quite frankly ... he did better than i thought he would ...

Hue on the other hand ... he had PLENTY OF EXPERIENCE at his job ...

U do the math ...
It's not nearly as bad as it appears on the surface. lol

I'm not nearly as gung ho about Hue as it appears. I do however think the roster sucked. I think a lot of our fans tend to overvalue the vast majority of our players and expect a lot more than what's realistic. But in reality Hue hasn't been a good HC. Not even close. We should have gotten a few wins.

When it comes to Kizer I just don't think he had any other options in the QB room. So while I certainly understand your point, I think it was a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. Despite what many fans think about the Kizer situation, the fact he's already gone tells us what Dorsey thinks of Kizer. And he was the best of the worst. lol When it came to the run, when your RB's have the average yards per carry ours did, you RUN THE DAMNED BALL! Hue didn't. Duke is probably the most dynamic play maker on our roster, which is sad, but in that situation, you HAVE to get the ball in his hands more!

I don't believe Hue will be here after next season. I do hope he grows this year and sticks around but that would take a lot from him I haven't seen so far. A LOT! lol

So it's not quite as clear cut as it may appear. I do however get tired of the constant bashing, whining and carrying on by "the usual suspects" on here. I would like to see him get a shot with a roster that has some talent on it. This year he will get that chance. So with me it's kind of like the E.J. Gaines contract. A one year deal.

Right now if I had to predict the outcome it would be that Hue still won't make the best use of the talent he will be given. He will under perform and be gone at the end of next year. If that's the case you won't hear me complain about it.

Let me explain one big reason why I actually feel keeping Hue for this coming season was a good idea. By the time next season rolls around we will have our QB. We will have a far better roster in place. We will have some wins on our record. That's a far better roster and situation to attract a HC than the position we were in during this off season.

If you wish to attract a good HC you have to have something to offer. That wasn't the case for a team with an 0-16 record. That wasn't the case for a team that changes HC's every year or two. That wasn't the case with a team with a roster pretty devoid of talent. A team with no QB.

One thing this team is known for is a lack of stability. By keeping Hue for another year, any HC candidate looking at us I feel has to see a change in that. They have to see that ownership will give them a chance and not throw them out like trash at the first sign of trouble. Keeping hue for another season accomplishes that.

Now if I thought we had a great roster with the talent in place to make a run this coming season, I would probably be on the fire Hue bandwagon. But I don't see it that way. I see sticking with Hue this year as an investment in the future of showing a new sign to those around the league that we are becoming more stable. That we're willing to stick it out with a HC.

I think in the end having Hue here for another year will give this FO a year to build a destination that will be far more attractive to HC candidates and help build the confidence in those HC candidates that if they take the job as HC here, they will receive a fair chance.

Consider it a short term investment. Like E.J. Gaines.

I'm not nearly as gung ho about Hue as it appears. I do however think the roster sucked. I think a lot of our fans tend to overvalue the vast majority of our players and expect a lot more than what's realistic. But in reality Hue hasn't been a good HC. Not even close. We should have gotten a few wins.

I stopped reading here ... not sure i should finish up ... *LOL* ..

But i will carry on as it looks like u put some thought into this one .. naughtydevil
Quote:
Brady was cut by the Browns ?? When ?

You know Halfback..i just lmao and smh over this statement... Just thinking here.. in the 2000 draft..the Browns pick up Spergon Wynn at 183... and the Pats pick up Brady at 199.

Wynn played 1 year in Cleveland 1 year with the Amsterdam team then 2 years with the Vikings then like 4 years in the CFL

And Brady goes on to being a H.O.F QB Now I have to wonder if Brady got drafted at 183 by Cleveland..where would he be now... in Canada maybe...lol smile
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

I stopped reading here ... not sure i should finish up ... *LOL* ..

But i will carry on as it looks like u put some thought into this one .. naughtydevil

guy has been saying the same all along,, i dont think you know how to read.

He must suck too. lmao

Just quit man.

In a article todday by MKC she was running the company line about Kessler not being a Hubert favorite because he couldn't execute his horizontal passing game, yet when we drafted him he was talking about how accuracy was his most important trait, and telling us to trust him. You remember that?

Hue was big in to the Kessler pick, but today he didn't want anything to do with it....lol.

Hue is a a pile of crap. He may have a few of you snookered, but not me.

Let me explain ...

Quite possibly the best post that I have read of yours. Kudos, Pit... thumbsup
I probably shouldn't try to explain, but oh well...

Quote:
U always defend Hue ... i get it .. i dont understand it but i get it

I don't think you get it. You don't see guys like Pit or myself running around here starting threads that say "Thank You, Hue." You don't even see us making many posts praising him. We really don't say a damn thing about Hue until the same handful of posters continually and unfairly place almost all of the blame on him for Sashi's responsibilities.

It gets way beyond tiresome to read dozens and dozens of Hue bashing post each and every day and those same people freaking out if anyone dared question any of Sashi's moves.

It's called "balance," Diam.

Some of us don't like the unfairness of the those same posters who hijack almost every thread.
There is plenty of blame to go around for the last two seasons.

Sashi made some critical mistakes as did Coach Jackson. Obviously, we should have drafted Wentz. Along with a number of other miscalculations, that was what got him fired. I will say he left Dorsey looking pretty good going into this off-season. Not many GM's get a very young roster, a massive amount of cap space, and two top five picks along with three second-round picks in the upcoming draft. That is a GM's wet dream.

Coach Jackson came into a complete down to the studs rebuild. Those take a while. The roster was in constant turmoil. We didn't have a QB. However, he is FAR from blameless for the historically bad season we had last year. Having your rookie QB throw the ball 47 times in a game is ludicrous. The man promised he would run the ball more last year and he turned around and ran it less during a season he had the youngest starting QB in the league. THAT is bad coaching. He made some really serious blunders of in-game decisions too. I am glad they didn't fire him because I am hoping against hope that concentrating on JUST being an HC will change things. I like Coach Jackson. I WANT him to succeed. But I am not blind to his shortcomings. He holds equal responsibility for the last two seasons. He BETTER get it together. He can't say he doesn't have the players now. He HAS a QB. He HAS a couple pretty good wide receivers(depending on meatheads Summer activities) and will be getting some really good talent from the draft. No more excuses. Either show us you can coach or get out like Sashi did. It wasn't ALL his fault.

There was no one that was part of the last two seasons of horrific football that is blameless. They ALL are to blame.
j/c...

We are going tk go tbrough this same dance again...

Quite frankly the both had done good things...Sashi n Hue.

Now its Dorsey n Hue n year 3 in the new regime. Thing are going as planned! The future is bright finally!

YeeHa!
J hope Dorsey can help coach up the coaches, specifically Hue. I would be OK if he just shut up until the draft pick days. I can't see his bilge helping us.
I’m not a Hue fan, didn’t like him when they hired him and he hasn’t done a thing to change that, I’ll add that I wasn’t a fan of Sashi having final control, and it isn’t important to me if you like either or don’t like either. Here’s the question that needs to be answered, and mostly by Hue himself, is he a good enough coach to take a decent roster to the playoffs or does he need to have an all-star roster to get there? I’ll add that if he needs an all-star roster to get there is it the level of players getting us there in spite of Hue or a happy marriage of good coaching and players?
j/c

I see nobody actually addressed my post about why I thought Hue should get one more year or what my reasoning were for it. I also noticed nobody addressed what I actually thought about the job he's done so far.

Why am I not surprised? lmao

BTW- Peen. I guess Hue should have said, " Kessler sucks! I have no idea why Sashi drafted him!"

You would have trashed him for saying that too. lmao
There is a lot that can be said about the mistakes Sashi and Hue made and what they both did and didn't do. We can debate this for a very long time with probably no closure. I choose to look at what's happening now as the beginning. We have a new FO and a lot of new coaches. Things look much better. Let's take it from here.

I see nobody actually addressed my post ...

Why am I not surprised?

Not true...and you may be surprised by who did.
Sorry about that. I did notice you mentioned it.

I just tried to look at things big picture and actually explain why I though the team should give Hue one more year. I just found it funny, but expected, how the usual suspects overlooked all of that and went back to the usual bickering. Which I can do with the best of them as well. lol

It's obvious it's not actually a discussion they want.
Quote:
Right now if I had to predict the outcome it would be that Hue still won't make the best use of the talent he will be given. He will under perform and be gone at the end of next year. If that's the case you won't hear me complain about it.

Let me explain one big reason why I actually feel keeping Hue for this coming season was a good idea. By the time next season rolls around we will have our QB. We will have a far better roster in place. We will have some wins on our record. That's a far better roster and situation to attract a HC than the position we were in during this off season.

If you wish to attract a good HC you have to have something to offer. That wasn't the case for a team with an 0-16 record. That wasn't the case for a team that changes HC's every year or two. That wasn't the case with a team with a roster pretty devoid of talent. A team with no QB.

One thing this team is known for is a lack of stability. By keeping Hue for another year, any HC candidate looking at us I feel has to see a change in that. They have to see that ownership will give them a chance and not throw them out like trash at the first sign of trouble. Keeping hue for another season accomplishes that.

Now if I thought we had a great roster with the talent in place to make a run this coming season, I would probably be on the fire Hue bandwagon. But I don't see it that way. I see sticking with Hue this year as an investment in the future of showing a new sign to those around the league that we are becoming more stable. That we're willing to stick it out with a HC.

Believe it or not, I hope you're wrong with your first paragraph. My opinions aside, Hue's the coach and I hope he proves us both wrong and wins a lot of games this season.

I disagree with your stability argument. There was enough in place to attract a decent coach this season given the draft picks and Dorsey at the helm. Any coaching candidate would expect that 1-31 is completely unacceptable and recognize why he would have been fired. Coaches have been rightly fired for less.

I think that all remnants of the worst run in NFL history should have been swept away. I had no problem with Sashi getting fired, I just wish Hue would have went with him.
I respect your opinion and I really won't say you're wrong. Actually had Hue have been fired along with Sashi I would have understood it. It's not what happened and those who drone on and on about it gets tiring.

I guess the only real difference we have in our opinion is that I think future coaching candidates will want to see some actual evidence of a turn around. Some actual talent signed and drafted that will give them cause to come here other than simply the names on the office doors in Berea. The only way that could be accomplished was if Hue was kept on for another year.

But actually we're not that far from being on the same page.

I think all of us, well at least most of us, want Hue to do well this season. I just haven't seen anything that instills the confidence in me to believe that will be the outcome.

We agree on almost everything ...

- I have said Hue was dealt a crappy hand ... HORRIBLE HAND ... we agree ..
- i thought we had enough talent on the team to win 1 maybe 2 games ... it appears we agree ..
- Sashi was HORRIBLE and should have never been hired ... i believe we agree ...
- we’ve always known expectations are way to high around here ... we agree ...

We actually disagree on very little ... now ... to the rest of your VERY ENLIGHTENING POST ...

Quote:
When it comes to Kizer I just don't think he had any other options in the QB room.

I agree 100% with that .. its the main reason Sashi’s gone ... if he got a qb we could have won 4 - 6 games last year ... he didn’t ... with the QB room the way it was week 1 .. i dont blame Hyue at all for starting Kizer .. HE HAD TOO ...

Thats not what i meant by mis-handling him ... it was the way he “broke” him in and the benchings ... the best example I can use is my boy Mitch ... they were both rookies in slightly different boats ... Mitch spent 4 years in college but only started one ... so he NEEDED REPS to make up for it .. he was INEXPERIENCED in that regard and not NFL ready as far as that goes ... Kizer was a mess ... he was no WHERES near ready ... and i was DEAD SET against starting Kizer day 1 ... but HUE HAD NO CHOICE .. i have ZERO PROBLEMS with that part ...

Chicago in Mitch’s first game had him roll out 90 - 95 % of the pass plays ... that gave him only half the field to read .... they relied heavily on the run ... the first 4 or 5 passes were very very easy throws ... the first couple were WR screens .... then week by week they built from there .. they SPOON FED HIM .... it was actually fun to watch this develop every week ... til by the end of the year ... they had maybe 5 - 10% of his passes being rollouts ... they were passing a hell of a lot more and they opened the playbook up for him as he got better ...

THATS HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE ...

Hue on the other hand with someone less ready seemed to throw the ENTRIE PLAYBOOK at him in week 1 ... thats just MORONIC ... it seemed right before the bye Hue scaled it back .. the Minni game sticks out to me as a GREAT GAME PLAN for a rookie qb that by that time was struggling .. but within a week or two it was back to what appeared to be the entire play book ..

Then there’s the lack of running plays and under utilizing Duke .. U PROTECT YOUR ROOKIE QB’S especially one that isn’t near nfl ready ...

Then there was the benchings ... he did the same thing to Cody last year ... in, out, in, out ... u cant do that to a rookie thats isn’t mentally ready for the nfl ... it wasn’t good ...

Thats what i meant by mishandling Kizer .... i think Hue had no choice but to start him ... then i think hue handled it horribly ....

Quote:
So while I certainly understand your point, I think it was a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. Despite what many fans think about the Kizer situation, the fact he's already gone tells us what Dorsey thinks of Kizer. And he was the best of the worst. lol

I’m not sure why he’s gone ... it may be cause Dorsey thought he stunk and had no chance of becoming good ... or if Dorsey did it for Hue .... or if Dorsey did it cause he thought Kizer needed a fresh start ...

I dont really care ... i’m A WIN guy ... Whats Important Now ... and right now all that matters is we now have 2 QB’s better than any of the crap Hue was forced to play last year and hopefully the FRANCHISE QB in 3 - 4 weeks ... thumbsup

Quote:
When it came to the run, when your RB's have the average yards per carry ours did, you RUN THE DAMNED BALL! Hue didn't. Duke is probably the most dynamic play maker on our roster, which is sad, but in that situation, you HAVE to get the ball in his hands more!

We agree .. id like to add .. with a rookie QB u PROTECT HIM any way u can .. and one of the ways to do that is by running the ball ... and utilizing your ONLY PLAYMAKER for most of the year ...

Quote:
I don't believe Hue will be here after next season. I do hope he grows this year and sticks around but that would take a lot from him I haven't seen so far. A LOT! lol

We’ll find out ... as bad as the hand Hue was dealt the last two years ... hes gonna be getting dealt a MUCH MUCH better hand this time ...

Hue is also not the HC/OC anymore ... that’s HUGE ....

I’m also VERY EXCITED about the OFFENSIVE BRAINPOWER on this coaching staff ... Hue is still a very good - great offensive mind ... Haley is also a very good offensive mind ... and then Zampese ain’t no slouch ...

And the BEST PART ... they have SOME WEAPONS to play with ... and we aren’t done in that category yet ...

Hue has proved he could not do a good job on gamedays coaching the teams we had the last 2 years ... this years team will be WAY WAY BETTER just because of the QB change ... then add to it Landry and who knows who else ... YATZEEEEE ... thumbsup

Quote:
So it's not quite as clear cut as it may appear. I do however get tired of the constant bashing, whining and carrying on by "the usual suspects" on here.

Ya .. me too ... I also get sick of seeing U and Vers defend him ad nauseam .. even though i know why and understand it ... it doesn’t make it MORE TOLERABLE ... rofl ..

Quote:
I would like to see him get a shot with a roster that has some talent on it. This year he will get that chance. So with me it's kind of like the E.J. Gaines contract. A one year deal.

Could not agree more ... lets see whats in this box of chocolates .. we know the last one wsn’t very good but this is a WHOLE NEW BOX ...

Quote:

I have no problem with Hue being here ... NONE ... after the bye based on the off field BS I thought he should be canned ... not cause of football ... and even then i said ... if only one of them gets canned it should definetly be Sashi ... and it wasn’t even close ... NO-BRAINER ...

Thats long enough ... as for the rest ..

I WAS NEVER ON THE FIRE HUE BANDWAGON like some around here ... only time i ever mentioned it was around the bye and i said they should both be gone ... and that was for about a 3 week period and haven’t mentioned it since ... and that had NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL OR OUR RECORD ...

So there u have it Pit ... if were not on the same exact page ... were only a page apart ... thumbsup
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

guy has been saying the same all along,, i dont think you know how to read.

My reading OK for the most part .. its the COMPREHENSION i usually struggle with ... *L* ..

And please ... please .. i beg u .. dont get me started on my grammar and spelling ... rofl ..

In this case ... IT MIGHT BE .. OK ... IT IS because I quit reading BOTH SIDES sometime in Nov. .. they’d been saying the same crap POST AFTER POST from the bye on ... i read anything on this subject VERY RARELY and have REPLIED LESS since then ...

This place is set up for lots of dead horses ... but a few dead horses have come back to life and been beaten to death 5 or 6 times ... the Timid/Smelly horse is the only one to RIVAL THIS ONE in the amount of deaths by beating ... *L*

If you’ve read even 1/2 of those posts from the usual suspects ... YOUR A BETTER MAN THAN I ... thumbsup
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

Let me explain ...

No thanks to me for ASKING THE QUESTION that prompted the response ... naughtydevil ...

No thanks to me for ASKING THE QUESTION that prompted the response ... naughtydevil ...

It is nice to know you care.

rofl

I just tried to look at things big picture and actually explain why I though the team should give Hue one more year. I just found it funny, but expected, how the usual suspects overlooked all of that and went back to the usual bickering. Which I can do with the best of them as well. lol

I see you are doing your best Vers imitation... rofl It doesn't really becomes you.
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

Let me explain ...

OK! Thanks for asking the question, Diam... thumbsup
Thanks man ... now i can sleep tonight .. wink
j/c

I see nobody actually addressed my post about why I thought Hue should get one more year or what my reasoning were for it. I also noticed nobody addressed what I actually thought about the job he's done so far.

I agree with your post, Hue has made serious mistakes but deserves a shot with a decent roster. I think there are several factors that could help him succeed and a single factor that could cost him his job.

First, added talent to the roster, the addition of Todd Haley, and a second year in GW's defense could lead to enough success to save Hue's job. And I don't think it will take even a .500 season to do that.

On the other hand, if Tyrod Taylor doesn't play well and we start the season on a losing skid, Hue may end up being the sacrificial goat before the halfway point.

My hope is Haley can get TT coached up and comfortable within his system to the point where he can win six or seven games. If he can't it will likely cost Hue his job and we'll be seeing the rookie QB sooner rather than later regardless of Hue's assurances he won't play this year. (Another stupid comment no one can take seriously and only serves to further undermine his credibility.)

The emphasis is clearly on winning now even while Dorsey continues building the team and developing our players. My concern is that we are leaning on TT to do it. I think he was a good signing but there is an incredible amount of pressure for him to succeed with a team that is just now starting to gel, and will be seeing a rather large influx a new starting talent. It's a lot to ask of a mediocre QB.

JMHO
Originally Posted By: eotab

I see you are doing your best Vers imitation... rofl It doesn't really becomes you.

Why do you constantly insult me when I don't even talk about you? Man!
Quote:
I’m also VERY EXCITED about the OFFENSIVE BRAINPOWER on this coaching staff ... Hue is still a very good - great offensive mind ... Haley is also a very good offensive mind ... and then Zampese ain’t no slouch ...

I agree, we seem to have all the kings horses and getting the kings men,...but do we have a king? <(GM).

I don't think that we have ever had all three since 99.

Yes, that would be worth getting exited for, because man... have we had a great fall.
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Why do you constantly insult me when I don't even talk about you? Man!

Oh please...get over yourself, I'm just busting Pits chops as he was doing the usual suspects routine that you do over n over n over n over again...insult you?

How bout you stop that crap? come on man.

I do a lot of things. I like posts of your you know that buttom. You never not once liked a post I made.

I compliment you on a thought process or football.

I cannot remember you ever commenting on a post I made.

I don't look to insult, I happen to read just about all your posts and that is like you theme in many posts. So when Pit did it, I thought it to be FUNNY.

I try to enjoy myself.
Quote:
It shows Landry working alongside new quarterback Tyrod Taylor and running back Carlos Hyde along with tight end David Njoku and wide receiver Ricardo Louis.

poke rolleyes
Only consistent winning can cleanse this organzation. It is long over due.
Originally Posted By: Glw12
Only consistent winning can cleanse this organzation. It is long over due.

Call me when they win 2 in a row.
Quote:

This place is set up for lots of dead horses ... but a few dead horses have come back to life and been beaten to death 5 or 6 times ...

I think I have my new stadium sign, do you want credit? JK.
Cleansing? I don't know about that.
I was thinking more along the line of flushing.This org.should have been flushed years ago.

Yeah, heaven help us if we actually want a real discussion on a topic rather than the same tired BS we usually hear.

Are you wearing your soft helmet yet?
I pretty much agree with everything you posted.

The thing about TT IMO is simply this, this will be his 8th year in the NFL. At this juncture I think he pretty much is what he is. I mean that isn't a bad thing. He's a .500 QB. That's something we haven't seen in a long time.

On paper we have a very tough schedule outside the division. I think some posters have set unrealistic goals as to what our W total may be, or in their mind should be this coming season. On a personal note, I would consider six wins pretty good progress.

That's not what I'm hoping for or would like to see. But when looking at the teams we'll be facing I would certainly see that as major progress and a good step of moving in the right direction.
Quote:
... Hue is still a very good - great offensive mind...

I'm not really sure if you are trying to be funny or just didn't pay attention last year.
this organization needed a douche and a cleanse.
That quote was from me not Fla. ...

I wasn’t trying to be funny ...

I did watch last year ... and the 10 years before that ... the man didn’t become an offensive idiot cause of the last year ... many reasons that i would explain if u would like ...

Now go apologize to Fla ... wink
I'm waiting for someone to start the "Hue-the-QB-killer" T-shirt.

RG3
McCown
Kessler
Whitehurst
Kizer
Hogan

BTW & FWIW that was intended to be funny...not a dig.
You're really going to put Whitehurst on Hue?
Man, I always forget about we had and played Whitehurst until his name gets mentioned. Trying to remember all the Browns qbs is like trying to remember all the digits right of the decimal point of PI.
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

RG3
McCown
Kessler
Whitehurst
Kizer
Hogan

No Osweiller ?
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

RG3
McCown
Kessler
Whitehurst
Kizer
Hogan

No Osweiller ?

And who could forget Terrelle Pryor's 9 pass attempts in 2016?!?
We are now a franchise that is sub .500 in all-time NFL games, and 1-31 has put us there ... From 1950-1995 we were 374-266-10 and we were a respected franchise ... From 1999-2017 we are 88-207-0 including 1-31 under Hue's "Guidance" which now makes us 462-473-10 and we have to put up with the jokes everytime we turn on Sportscenter or the NFL network ... It's time to turn things around!!!

I did watch last year ... and the 10 years before that ... the man didn’t become an offensive idiot cause of the last year ... many reasons that i would explain if u would like ...

Its all about creating space on O. And it is something so so hard to do with lousy talent. No QB, No WR till Gordon came back, Crowell one dimensional running, open hole he gained yards.

Duke is the only talent and wasted with no QB. Hue has shown that he can create space in Cinnci and he actually created space here just the execution was terrible.

Haley is good at it also I think with Hue backing him up and us now having a functional QB and possibly a Franchise QB. Along with Gordon, Landry, Duke, Janis, Coleman and ho man possibly Barkley...we will be able to stretch the field Vertical and Horizontal, which in turn will be creating SPACE for our guys to do their thing!!!

I can't wait.
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
We are now a franchise that is sub .500 in all-time NFL games, and 1-31 has put us there ... From 1950-1995 we were 374-266-10 and we were a respected franchise ... From 1999-2017 we are 88-207-0 including 1-31 under Hue's "Guidance" which now makes us 462-473-10 and we have to put up with the jokes everytime we turn on Sportscenter or the NFL network ... It's time to turn things around!!!

It is time to turn things around. (suggest)

Baker Mayfiled at #1, "He He"

Orlando Brown at #4, ...

Carry on. thumbsup ( oh, and keep the team together, your team together, for 3+ years, add a few pieces here and there, quit cutting your veterans, and pretty soon you will be a better football team).
Exercise and eating right, it's the latest fad diet.

Its all about creating space on O. And it is something so so hard to do with lousy talent. No QB, No WR till Gordon came back, Crowell one dimensional running, open hole he gained yards.

Duke is the only talent and wasted with no QB. Hue has shown that he can create space in Cinnci and he actually created space here just the execution was terrible.

Haley is good at it also I think with Hue backing him up and us now having a functional QB and possibly a Franchise QB. Along with Gordon, Landry, Duke, Janis, Coleman and ho man possibly Barkley...we will be able to stretch the field Vertical and Horizontal, which in turn will be creating SPACE for our guys to do their thing!!!

I can't wait.

Truthfully over the days, the thought of Haley with Duke (speed and spice)/Hyde (power and some spice) and Landry alone has rummaged up some excitement for the offense this season. You throw in a possible Gordon and it's truly amazing what could be schemed up for all downs/situations. Just almost need decent QB play and decent line play. Nice to think anyway.
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
You're really going to put Whitehurst on Hue?

No. Hue takes care of Hue just fine.
Joker?: "What this town needs is an enema." DEEP cleansing. Albeit we seem to have cleansed VERY regularly since The Return. Why did this get a headline. Could have used it last year earlier.

Shampoo it is. Rinse, lather, repeat! Repeat! Repe . . . .
In what week does Todd Haley receive his promotion?
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
In what year does Todd Haley receive his promotion?

There. Fixed it for you.
Yeah its amazing what we can do on paper...now to get it done on Sundays wink
Yeah its amazing what we can do on paper...now to get it done on Sundays wink

yep.. thats what counts
I won't be happy until this team opens the season with a win, and follows it with another.
I agree. It's about multiple wins, not multiple losses.

Hue is the worst HC this team has ever had. The guy hasn't won a game in his 2 years here. His special teams coach, should be credited with that win with a late blocked kick FG try.

The only reason he is here because there there was something in his contract that that would have escalated had he not been here for a 3rd year. He's a dead man walking.

I don't think anybody in Berea listens to the guy. I hope not.
Yet you don't want him fired and you wish him well. LOL
Is there any incentive for Hue to win? (Like a bonus)
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

The fans, the players, the owner, his job, his reputation, his dignity, coaching staff...
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

The fans, the players, the owner, his job, his reputation, his dignity, coaching staff...

I feel like all the above was present the last two years. brownie
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Yet you don't want him fired and you wish him well. LOL

I want the Browns to win. If they do that, Hue is safe. So no, I don't want him fired and I wish him well.

Do I like him or think he is a good coach? No.

Quote:
Hue is the worst HC this team has ever had. The guy hasn't won a game in his 2 years here. His special teams coach, should be credited with that win with a late blocked kick FG try.

This is an undeniable fact until/unless he proves otherwise.
Hue Jackson is the William Hung of NFL coaches. John and Todd will figure this out and ease this guy out of here. "She Bangs"
Go Browns!
j/c

Well now everyone has dissed him for the 1000th time. I wonder if they'll ever get tired of repeating themselves? Like we have no idea how they feel. lmao
When is this guy going to jump in the lake?
Maybe some of you could rehearse for the role of a human being and let the guy wait until the weather warms up. What the hell do you want, blood?
Put on a wet suit and get this thing over with. He should take some swimming lessons at the Y.
Is it inappropriate to tailgate this affair? Seems almost tacky to suggest it or even ask.

Event guest Owen Ateen will be MC and he likes fair weather.

Hope it doesn't ruin the fishing.
© DawgTalkers.net