Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Hue Jackson: New Browns are causing 'cleansing of this organization'

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22930649/coach-hue-jackson-new-players-cleansing-cleveland-browns

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Cleveland Browns coach Hue Jackson already senses a different energy within an organization that has gone 1-31 over the past two seasons.

"There will be a cleansing of this organization, and it's going to be because of the players that we've added on this team," Jackson said Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings. "It's going to be because of the new mindset of the players that are returning to this team."

Jackson's comment came after a reporter brought up a minute-long hype video posted on social media by recently acquired wide receiver Jarvis Landry over the weekend. It shows Landry working alongside new quarterback Tyrod Taylor and running back Carlos Hyde along with tight end David Njoku and wide receiver Ricardo Louis.

Landry's video has already received more than 29,000 likes on Twitter and over 337,000 views on Instagram.

"Instagram's great, isn't it?" Jackson said. "These guys are having a great time together. They're getting to know one another."

Jackson also applauded how Taylor has gone out of his way to reach players on the entire team, inspiring those on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.

"It starts with the quarterback," Jackson said of changing the culture on the team. "He's got to do the most. He's the one who's spearheading those things that are happening."

Taylor is one of the 12 new faces on the Browns over the first two weeks of free agency. Cleveland has traded for Landry and cornerback Damarious Randall as well signing Hyde, right tackle Chris Hubbard, cornerbacks T.J. Carrie, Terrance Mitchell and E.J. Gaines, tight end Darren Fells, defensive end Chris Smith, offensive tackle Donald Stephenson and quarterback Drew Stanton.

The Browns became just the second team to finish 0-16 in an NFL season, joining the 2008 Detroit Lions for the greatest futility in league history. Only three other teams since 1960 have gone winless: The 1960 Dallas Cowboys were 0-11-1; the 1976 Tampa Bay Bucs were 0-14; and the 1982 Baltimore Colts were 0-8-1.

Last edited by Vambo; 03/27/18 04:18 PM.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
How is he going to talk about an organizational cleanse when he still hasn't jumped into Erie?

Legend
Legend
Kind of hard to buy into all of this 'insight' after last year. He might be more believable if he had done some crucial things differently, better, adjusted. Lots of talk. Back it up.

The cleansing is overdue. The fans are not waiting patiently. That support is not bottomless.

Go, Browns!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
The Killer B's
The Triplets
The NY Sack Exchange
The Legion of Boom
The Purple People Eaters
The Steel Curtain

and now...

...The Scrubbing Bubbles

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Ugh...

Some are going to scream 'agenda', but I hate hearing Hue say this stuff. What he's saying is probably accurate, and these guys are football players that should have developed thick skin already... but I still wish the HC of my team had a little more tact than this.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
Some people who have a clue about football knew that the roster was a disaster. Thank God that Sashi was fired, Hue was retained, and Dorsey was brought in.

We needed to "cleanse" that filth.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Thank God that Sashi was fired, Hue was retained, and Dorsey was brought in.

We needed to "cleanse" that filth.

They left a spot.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, Depo is still here.

P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Pi--burp lost their final game of the 1943 season,0-10 during 1944 and lost first 3 games of 1945 season that's 14 in a row. a side note 1943 had to combine with Philadelphia to be represented in league (first winning record in their franchise history 5-4-1),1944 combined with Chicago Cards to field team,then went back to not merging 1945 on.

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
hue is a much better coach than Sashi ever was a GM.
if Sashi was still the GM he would have been targeting Joe Fudrucker out of Iowa Methodist Tech as his QB in the draft

B
Legend
Legend
B
Hue says this every year.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/ubb/newreply/Board/1/Number/1428739/what/showflat/fpart/1

I just wish he would shut-up and coach us to some wins.

Try that.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 03/27/18 08:32 PM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
hue is a much better coach than Sashi ever was a GM.
if Sashi was still the GM he would have been targeting Joe Fudrucker out of Iowa Methodist Tech as his QB in the draft

Fudrucker has a nice arm ......

wink rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Some people who have a clue about football knew that the roster was a disaster.

Some people who have a clue about football should know that a coach should be able to win more than 1 game in 2 years with a draft of over 200 players...

Good coaches can win with okay talent. Players are drafted every year..and yet the GM is blamed because he didn't get the right or best talent..

Why Have a draft with more than 3 rounds.. Coaches need the very best out of collage to win..so have 3 rounds..get your players..stop cutting grocery baggers and waste everyones time...

Coaches can only win with the best players....Ask Bill Bellichek he's winning with Cut Browns Players...

Hue Sucks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I just wish he would shut up and go back to Cinnci

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
To quote Sam, "You've never seen a jockey carry the horse over the finish line."

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:
Some people who have a clue about football knew that the roster was a disaster.

Some people who have a clue about football should know that a coach should be able to win more than 1 game in 2 years with a draft of over 200 players...

Good coaches can win with okay talent. Players are drafted every year..and yet the GM is blamed because he didn't get the right or best talent..

Why Have a draft with more than 3 rounds.. Coaches need the very best out of collage to win..so have 3 rounds..get your players..stop cutting grocery baggers and waste everyones time...

Coaches can only win with the best players....Ask Bill Bellichek he's winning with Cut Browns Players...

Hue Sucks.

Brady was cut by the Browns ?? When ?

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Hue says this every year.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/ubb/newreply/Board/1/Number/1428739/what/showflat/fpart/1

Try that.

Hue is like the Pied Piper... wait, what am I even saying? haha

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
The Killer B's
The Triplets
The NY Sack Exchange
The Legion of Boom
The Purple People Eaters
The Steel Curtain

and now...

...The Scrubbing Bubbles

OMG that's hilarious.... rofl

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I really hope Hue Jackson is a great motivator because he consistently says some of the dumbest stuff.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I could care less what Hue or any coach says now through week 1 ... its almost all BS and FLUFF ....

Hue was dealt a horrible hand (then he mis played it making it worse) ... well now the delaer has changed and the new dealer will give Hue a much much better hand to play with ...

We have a new OC ... Hues role will be MUCH MUCH DIFFERENT ....

Hue has a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to right this ship ... he’s got a very good coaching staff around him ... the offensive minds we have in C-Town right now rivals any in football ..... and he will have a much different/better hand to play with ...

We’ll find out what type of HC he is now .... we know he stunk at being HC/OC of last years team ...

GOOD LUCK HUE ...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
we know he stunk at being HC/OC of last years team ...

You could almost say it was "filthy".

Tackles are tackles.
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
j/c

Not a Hue hater. Glad we retained him.

But man, I hate it when he speaks to the media.

Legend
Legend
THAT was priceless! I can see THAT on the stadium big screen a tron with the ever annoying "it's third down!" blaring repeatedly. Of course, these scrubbing bubbles require a toilet bowl.

This is all, just so, so, well poetic!

Well done!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Legend
Legend
P
The new GM blames Sashi too. Just read my sig.

He must suck too. lmao

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

He must suck too. lmao

Quote:
Well, that didn't take long. Less than a week after new Browns general manager John Dorsey blasted the previous regime and the players currently on the roster, and in the process put everyone on notice, he walked back those comments.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/brown...of-hue-jackson/

Quote:
"Listen, you guys are professional wordsmiths," Dorsey said, via ESPN.com. "I am not a professional wordsmith. I'm a football guy. My intent was to say we don't have enough good football players. There's some good football players on this team.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, sometimes when you speak from the gut people don't like it and you have to kiss a little azz. It doesn't change what you meant though. lol

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D

He must suck too. lmao

Cause Sashi sucking and Hue doing a bad job are mutually exclusive ... rolleyes ...

U always defend Hue ... i get it .. i dont understand it but i get it ... not sure why u defend a guy that made OBVIOUS GLARING MISTAKES based on the fact the GM sucked more ... thats really the only defense i’ve seen u use ..

Please ... feel free to defend his use of Duke last year ... or would u prefer to defend how he handled Kizer ... unless of course u thought he did a good job handling Kizer ... or maybe you’d like to defend the fact he abondon the running game EVEN AFTER SAYING HE WOULD USE IT MORE ... the man came out and admitted himself early in the year that he was not running enough ... and he needed to get Duke more involved ... well ... he got Duke SLIGHTLY more involved and i think he actually threw more after that ...

U know Pit ... and this really baffles me cause you used to be a pretty fair guy ..

Sashi SUCKED ... no doubt ... i thanked him and said good bye cause of the TEAR DOWN and where were at now ... its not like i think he did a good job ... he didn’t get a qb (THANK GOD OR HE’D STILL BE HERE .. ) ... AND HE CLEARLY DIDN’T UNDERSTAND veteran leadership and how much it meant ...

But u know what ... He was put in a job he had ZERO QUALIFICATIONS FOR .... ZERO .... quite frankly ... he did better than i thought he would ...

Hue on the other hand ... he had PLENTY OF EXPERIENCE at his job ...

U do the math ...

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's not nearly as bad as it appears on the surface. lol

I'm not nearly as gung ho about Hue as it appears. I do however think the roster sucked. I think a lot of our fans tend to overvalue the vast majority of our players and expect a lot more than what's realistic. But in reality Hue hasn't been a good HC. Not even close. We should have gotten a few wins.

When it comes to Kizer I just don't think he had any other options in the QB room. So while I certainly understand your point, I think it was a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. Despite what many fans think about the Kizer situation, the fact he's already gone tells us what Dorsey thinks of Kizer. And he was the best of the worst. lol When it came to the run, when your RB's have the average yards per carry ours did, you RUN THE DAMNED BALL! Hue didn't. Duke is probably the most dynamic play maker on our roster, which is sad, but in that situation, you HAVE to get the ball in his hands more!

I don't believe Hue will be here after next season. I do hope he grows this year and sticks around but that would take a lot from him I haven't seen so far. A LOT! lol

So it's not quite as clear cut as it may appear. I do however get tired of the constant bashing, whining and carrying on by "the usual suspects" on here. I would like to see him get a shot with a roster that has some talent on it. This year he will get that chance. So with me it's kind of like the E.J. Gaines contract. A one year deal.

Right now if I had to predict the outcome it would be that Hue still won't make the best use of the talent he will be given. He will under perform and be gone at the end of next year. If that's the case you won't hear me complain about it.

Let me explain one big reason why I actually feel keeping Hue for this coming season was a good idea. By the time next season rolls around we will have our QB. We will have a far better roster in place. We will have some wins on our record. That's a far better roster and situation to attract a HC than the position we were in during this off season.

If you wish to attract a good HC you have to have something to offer. That wasn't the case for a team with an 0-16 record. That wasn't the case for a team that changes HC's every year or two. That wasn't the case with a team with a roster pretty devoid of talent. A team with no QB.

One thing this team is known for is a lack of stability. By keeping Hue for another year, any HC candidate looking at us I feel has to see a change in that. They have to see that ownership will give them a chance and not throw them out like trash at the first sign of trouble. Keeping hue for another season accomplishes that.

Now if I thought we had a great roster with the talent in place to make a run this coming season, I would probably be on the fire Hue bandwagon. But I don't see it that way. I see sticking with Hue this year as an investment in the future of showing a new sign to those around the league that we are becoming more stable. That we're willing to stick it out with a HC.

I think in the end having Hue here for another year will give this FO a year to build a destination that will be far more attractive to HC candidates and help build the confidence in those HC candidates that if they take the job as HC here, they will receive a fair chance.

Consider it a short term investment. Like E.J. Gaines.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D

I'm not nearly as gung ho about Hue as it appears. I do however think the roster sucked. I think a lot of our fans tend to overvalue the vast majority of our players and expect a lot more than what's realistic. But in reality Hue hasn't been a good HC. Not even close. We should have gotten a few wins.

I stopped reading here ... not sure i should finish up ... *LOL* ..

But i will carry on as it looks like u put some thought into this one .. naughtydevil

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Brady was cut by the Browns ?? When ?

You know Halfback..i just lmao and smh over this statement... Just thinking here.. in the 2000 draft..the Browns pick up Spergon Wynn at 183... and the Pats pick up Brady at 199.

Wynn played 1 year in Cleveland 1 year with the Amsterdam team then 2 years with the Vikings then like 4 years in the CFL

And Brady goes on to being a H.O.F QB Now I have to wonder if Brady got drafted at 183 by Cleveland..where would he be now... in Canada maybe...lol smile

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

I stopped reading here ... not sure i should finish up ... *LOL* ..

But i will carry on as it looks like u put some thought into this one .. naughtydevil

guy has been saying the same all along,, i dont think you know how to read.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
B
Legend
Legend
B

He must suck too. lmao

Just quit man.

In a article todday by MKC she was running the company line about Kessler not being a Hubert favorite because he couldn't execute his horizontal passing game, yet when we drafted him he was talking about how accuracy was his most important trait, and telling us to trust him. You remember that?

Hue was big in to the Kessler pick, but today he didn't want anything to do with it....lol.

Hue is a a pile of crap. He may have a few of you snookered, but not me.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 03/28/18 07:31 PM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Let me explain ...

Quite possibly the best post that I have read of yours. Kudos, Pit... thumbsup

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
V
Legend
Legend
V
I probably shouldn't try to explain, but oh well...

Quote:
U always defend Hue ... i get it .. i dont understand it but i get it

I don't think you get it. You don't see guys like Pit or myself running around here starting threads that say "Thank You, Hue." You don't even see us making many posts praising him. We really don't say a damn thing about Hue until the same handful of posters continually and unfairly place almost all of the blame on him for Sashi's responsibilities.

It gets way beyond tiresome to read dozens and dozens of Hue bashing post each and every day and those same people freaking out if anyone dared question any of Sashi's moves.

It's called "balance," Diam.

Some of us don't like the unfairness of the those same posters who hijack almost every thread.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There is plenty of blame to go around for the last two seasons.

Sashi made some critical mistakes as did Coach Jackson. Obviously, we should have drafted Wentz. Along with a number of other miscalculations, that was what got him fired. I will say he left Dorsey looking pretty good going into this off-season. Not many GM's get a very young roster, a massive amount of cap space, and two top five picks along with three second-round picks in the upcoming draft. That is a GM's wet dream.

Coach Jackson came into a complete down to the studs rebuild. Those take a while. The roster was in constant turmoil. We didn't have a QB. However, he is FAR from blameless for the historically bad season we had last year. Having your rookie QB throw the ball 47 times in a game is ludicrous. The man promised he would run the ball more last year and he turned around and ran it less during a season he had the youngest starting QB in the league. THAT is bad coaching. He made some really serious blunders of in-game decisions too. I am glad they didn't fire him because I am hoping against hope that concentrating on JUST being an HC will change things. I like Coach Jackson. I WANT him to succeed. But I am not blind to his shortcomings. He holds equal responsibility for the last two seasons. He BETTER get it together. He can't say he doesn't have the players now. He HAS a QB. He HAS a couple pretty good wide receivers(depending on meatheads Summer activities) and will be getting some really good talent from the draft. No more excuses. Either show us you can coach or get out like Sashi did. It wasn't ALL his fault.

There was no one that was part of the last two seasons of horrific football that is blameless. They ALL are to blame.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...

We are going tk go tbrough this same dance again...

Quite frankly the both had done good things...Sashi n Hue.

Now its Dorsey n Hue n year 3 in the new regime. Thing are going as planned! The future is bright finally!

YeeHa!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
J hope Dorsey can help coach up the coaches, specifically Hue. I would be OK if he just shut up until the draft pick days. I can't see his bilge helping us.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I’m not a Hue fan, didn’t like him when they hired him and he hasn’t done a thing to change that, I’ll add that I wasn’t a fan of Sashi having final control, and it isn’t important to me if you like either or don’t like either. Here’s the question that needs to be answered, and mostly by Hue himself, is he a good enough coach to take a decent roster to the playoffs or does he need to have an all-star roster to get there? I’ll add that if he needs an all-star roster to get there is it the level of players getting us there in spite of Hue or a happy marriage of good coaching and players?

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I see nobody actually addressed my post about why I thought Hue should get one more year or what my reasoning were for it. I also noticed nobody addressed what I actually thought about the job he's done so far.

Why am I not surprised? lmao

BTW- Peen. I guess Hue should have said, " Kessler sucks! I have no idea why Sashi drafted him!"

You would have trashed him for saying that too. lmao

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
There is a lot that can be said about the mistakes Sashi and Hue made and what they both did and didn't do. We can debate this for a very long time with probably no closure. I choose to look at what's happening now as the beginning. We have a new FO and a lot of new coaches. Things look much better. Let's take it from here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Hue Jackson: New Browns are causing 'cleansing of this organization'

Link Copied to Clipboard