DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Browns News Continued.... - 03/14/24 01:02 PM

If they would sign him, it seems like one of those situations where you find talent that hasn't matched draft position on the cheap and hope to catch lightning in a bottle.

Bush was the #10 overall pick in the 2019 draft.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/14/24 02:18 PM
Wouldn't mind taking a flier on him. What he did well at Michigan would seem to fit with Schwartz's aggressive style. He's still fairly young.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/14/24 02:52 PM
I would prefer Devin White.

The cost for Bush is likely way less. He will get around $2.5. White around $10.

White is worth the money. Bush?
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/14/24 02:59 PM
Good point Bone but I feel either one would help us. They are both 26 this year. Young guys that could improve under JS.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/14/24 03:04 PM
simple case of a guy being able to survive on his draft spot
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/14/24 03:05 PM
Up to this point I'm pleased with the FA signings. If we can sign a LB that would be good. Then we can use the draft for BPA.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/14/24 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish
I would prefer Devin White.

The cost for Bush is likely way less. He will get around $2.5. White around $10.

White is worth the money. Bush?

Is White worth the money? I don't so much question that White is the better player. It's about the value. Does it matter if your paper weight is solid gold? Can it get the job that you are asking it to do done? Does it fit within your budget? What are you asking it to do?

I'm not sure that White is 300% better than Bush or that he'd produce 3 times the value even if so.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/14/24 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Up to this point I'm pleased with the FA signings. If we can sign a LB that would be good. Then we can use the draft for BPA.
I agree .. I see on twitter that some people are mad that we aren't going for the big names, but we are being smart. We'll probably still trade Newsome, gain some draft capital and save some money there too
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/14/24 07:13 PM
Value and performance is a measured risk.

If Bush can play a role in this defense. He does not need to be a standout player.

White is bigger and faster. He is the better player. But he would cost more than double Bush.

Maybe that money can be better used? Hard to say. Bush is still young maybe he has improved and will be all we need.

I really liked White his first couple years. There is chatter that he likes to free lance.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/14/24 07:56 PM
I don't believe that playing "3 times better" is the measuring stick. You have levels of players and their value is, or at least should be based on which level they fit into. As an example a WR who catches for 600 yards per season doesn't mean a WR who catches for 1200 yards per season isn't worth three times as much. It's true his production in only double that of the WR who catches for 600 yards but he is in the elite level of WR's and that's what the market is set at for his services.

I think bone hit the nail on the head. If Bush can fill the needs at the position adequately there is no need to sign a player at the elite level at the position. That does not however mean that White isn't worth the money for a team that requires a better player in that role.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/14/24 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I don't believe that playing "3 times better" is the measuring stick. You have levels of players and their value is, or at least should be based on which level they fit into. As an example a WR who catches for 600 yards per season doesn't mean a WR who catches for 1200 yards per season isn't worth three times as much. It's true his production in only double that of the WR who catches for 600 yards but he is in the elite level of WR's and that's what the market is set at for his services.

I think bone hit the nail on the head. If Bush can fill the needs at the position adequately there is no need to sign a player at the elite level at the position. That does not however mean that White isn't worth the money for a team that requires a better player in that role.

Right. I think that last part is important. Fit is important. Actual/expressed Value is largely dependent on what one is asked to do.

I think our FO probably also considers the idea of surplus value. They might think Bush's cost is low enough that he'd provide more value than that number. I.e, he's costing 2.5M while providing "3M" in value. Meanwhile, White might provide 8M of "actual value" while wanting to be paid upwards of 10M with multiple years of guarantees.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/15/24 03:27 PM
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/15/24 03:32 PM
A big 'shout-out' to Memphis for all the post giving us the latest news. It is really appreciated to get this info as soon as it happens. We are knowledgeable because of his efforts. Many thanks, man....
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/15/24 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Hmmmmmmm... A little surprised by this. An extension wouldn't have surprised me. A restructure seems a bit odd. Maybe it's the same thing.
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/15/24 04:16 PM
https://fanrecap.com/big-move-uconn..._RTvlVl6kLOitYrptd9fRXxE8b6jO3AKnYAiAbKU

Not sure if everyone seen this. So, here's the link
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/15/24 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by steve0255

Will be interesting to see how all the influences new and old come together in this season's offense. Watched some UConn after I saw the hire, and I can say I like the way Christian Haynes played on their OL.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/15/24 05:32 PM
Browns re-sign DT Maurice Hurst II

Hurst played in 13 games with the Browns during the 2023 season

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-re-sign-dt-maurice-hurst-ii
Posted By: bugs Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/16/24 03:15 AM
BREAKING NEWS!!! BROWNS HIRE MIKE VRABEL! - Quincy Carrier

In Quincy Carrier's latest podcast (link above), he pointed (about halfway into the podcast) out something interesting. Jerry Jeudy restructured his contract to free up 10 million dollars of cap space. He was at 13 million now down to 3. This is not a normal restructure similar to Watson or Garrett. This was negotiated. AB renegotiated his 5th-year option similar to Jed Wills.

What are AB and Browns cooking up?
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/16/24 06:22 AM
Interesting Bugs, thanks for the info.

I’ll have to read up about it.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/16/24 04:04 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/18/24 01:56 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/18/24 02:19 PM

I heart David Njoku.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/18/24 03:47 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/18/24 05:32 PM

With 5 different QBs, BTW.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/18/24 05:40 PM
If Lynch can still play at least decent he would be a good rotational guy for the D-line. I like the way AB is trying to acquire players that may be able to help us.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/18/24 05:51 PM
I like the way AB is trying to acquire players that may be able to help us.

I've really gained an appreciation of the way they plug the main holes in FA to give themselves flexibility with the draft and these types of signings.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/18/24 05:53 PM
He hasn't played since 2020 and is 31. I wouldn't expect much even if he is signed.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/18/24 08:33 PM
True he hasn't played in 3 years but that also means he hasn't taken the pounding that those 3 years would have brought. If he's signed it's a low risk and a possible good reward for us.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/19/24 12:29 AM
Lynch was decent in his 1st 2 seasons ..... and did very little in 5 additonal seasons after that.

Meh.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/19/24 03:00 AM
Did Mo Hurst just spill the beans, lol? It has been speculated the Browns would open up against the Eagle in Brazil.

Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/19/24 05:14 AM
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/19/24 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by oobernoober

I've really gained an appreciation of the way they plug the main holes in FA to give themselves flexibility with the draft and these types of signings.

It's the way it should be. It doesn't always work that way. If helps that we have an owner who is willing to work near the top of the salary cap. Some owners don't do that and assign their own salary cap. We also have some smart people in the FO who understand the salary cap.

You should go in to the draft being able to draft the best players you can, or address anticipated future needs. Berry and team seem to address next years needs. We don't need a guard now, but probably will next year. I expect to see a guard drafted. Maybe a tackle, or both positions. Get the guy in, work to get him ready to plug and play next season.

So when we see a headscratcher selection, just understand the guy was the highest rated guy on our board, and or he is a needs pick for next season. As Browns fans we have been conditioned to drafting guys for needs hoping for immediate impact. Those days are mostly done. The team isn't expecting a drafted rookie to have to step in and make immediate impact. It's great if they do, but the expectation is they are ready to do that in year two.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/19/24 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

The quick walkback! The Browns are definitely opening up the season in Brazil.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/19/24 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

The quick walkback! The Browns are definitely opening up the season in Brazil.

Peter King was interviewed a few weeks back regarding his logic on why Cleveland would be chosen over other Philadelphia opponents. It made a ton of sense. I may try to find the audio of that interview if it is available.
Posted By: mac Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/19/24 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

It's the way it should be. It doesn't always work that way. If helps that we have an owner who is willing to work near the top of the salary cap. Some owners don't do that and assign their own salary cap. We also have some smart people in the FO who understand the salary cap.
Peen...it wasn't that long ago I would comment about the Browns leading (or near the top) the NFL in cap space. I would point out that there is no trophy for being the team leads the NFL in cap space. The Browns did a 180 on their use of cap space...spending to acquire FA talent...worked out well last season.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/19/24 03:00 PM
j/c:

If true, I believe this aligns with Andrew Berry's comments from the NFL Combine.

A good sign, hopefully.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/19/24 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by mac

Peen...it wasn't that long ago I would comment about the Browns leading (or near the top) the NFL in cap space. I would point out that there is no trophy for being the team leads the NFL in cap space. The Browns did a 180 on their use of cap space...spending to acquire FA talent...worked out well last season.

When the window is open for the team to win teams need to maximize the cap space like the Browns are doing now. When the team is in rebuild mode and or in the building a team that is capable of winning mode it is a good idea to leave cap space available so when you believe you are close you can resign or nucleus to long term deals and sign key free agents or trade compensation like an Amari Cooper to hopefully put the team over the top.
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/19/24 03:52 PM
https://www.audacy.com/923thefan/sp...L703CVWlW6T528Z40F78Uvv-ueZQdgIZESth-nM8

Interesting conversation, particularly about the AFC North.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/19/24 04:04 PM

For anyone that wants the TL;DR

Some guy named Robert Mays says Deshaun Watson will suck this year.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/19/24 04:27 PM
j/c:

If true, I believe this aligns with Andrew Berry's comments from the NFL Combine.

A good sign, hopefully.

How can this be correct? I just saw a FB site, Factory of Sadness, post an article claiming the Browns signed Huntley because DW was way behind regarding his rehab and won't be ready to go. At least that si what the "headline" implied.

Now my impression of the internet's accuracy is blown away. Do tell.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/19/24 05:03 PM

Without looking.....I predict this will be an article slamming the Browns.
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/19/24 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by jfanent

Without looking.....I predict this will be an article slamming the Browns.

Actually, you'd be wrong. It talks about the improvement of the Browns over last year as well as the status of the other teams in the AFC North. They go into a little depth about particular players and does have an opinion on Watson which is not something that is an uncommon topic at this time. All in all, a pretty fair report on the Browns with pieces still to be added.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/21/24 11:30 AM
Lol. The title line says "Robert Mays: I think it's going to be really difficult for the Browns to expect anything close to above average quarterback play from Deshaun Watson". That just reeks of positivity.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/22/24 01:37 AM
Average is a low bar, and I think that’s all we will ever get from him too. Truth is, I don’t think he ever wanted to even come here, and still doesn’t want to be here. He knows 1/2 the fans don’t like him. That has to weigh on a young person.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/22/24 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Average is a low bar, and I think that’s all we will ever get from him too. Truth is, I don’t think he ever wanted to even come here, and still doesn’t want to be here. He knows 1/2 the fans don’t like him. That has to weigh on a young person.

Yep, lousy fans are a part of performance issues for many athletes. Many athletes struggle with the knowledge that many "fans" don't care about them, but only the gratification they can provide by association. Having to deal with fanatics is a definite downside of being a professional athlete. People projecting their "thoughts" on you when they really don't know you has got to be frustrating as well.

I think he can (not necessarily will) overcome the weight, but he probably could have had an easier time with a different fan base. (Not that any fan base would be perfect.) Even with Joe in Indy, we'll probably have a vocal "we want Flacco" brigade.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/22/24 02:48 PM
I think you all put too much on fan/athlete relationships.. Sure some of them like to be involved with the fans and they carve out that space while in town, guys like joe haden. But for I'd say 90+ percent.. they don't care either way.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/22/24 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by leadtheway
I think you all put too much on fan/athlete relationships.. Sure some of them like to be involved with the fans and they carve out that space while in town, guys like joe haden. But for I'd say 90+ percent.. they don't care either way.

Saying one doesn't care, even if one believes it, doesn't necessarily make it so.

They're not robots, having someone boo in your face or cheer when you are injured is going to have some effect.

Even if they are able to block out the noise, the act of blocking out the noise requires effort.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/22/24 04:18 PM
He knows 1/2 the fans don’t like him. That has to weigh on a young person.

The baggage he carried when the Browns signed him was the same no matter where he went. As we can see on this very board it didn't matter much to a lot of people. I think as far as averages go 1/2 is sadly a far too high number. I have no idea what that number truly is but I think it would have been the same no matter which team he went to. If that is the gauge you're suing he would have had to have left the NFL all together. And with that kind of money on the table no person in their right mind would have done that.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/22/24 05:48 PM

Kareem Hunt was greatly disliked when he signed, as well. He stayed out of trouble, (for the most part) played hard and well, was a great teammate, loved the city. and was involved in some good causes.

This is the blueprint for Watson to follow.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/22/24 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan

Kareem Hunt was greatly disliked when he signed, as well. He stayed out of trouble, (for the most part) played hard and well, was a great teammate, loved the city. and was involved in some good causes.

This is the blueprint for Watson to follow.

It's the one he tried to follow. Unfortunately, when Watson got hurt he didn't have a Chubb at QB to make people forget about him/carry the load in his place.

Hunt came in with minimal expectations. He was a backup.

Watson was expected to be "the savior." He was in the limelight.

It's still the blueprint for Watson to follow. Unfortunately, not everything is in his control, especially outside perception.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/22/24 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan

He also admitted what he did, apologized for it and sought help for it. And that would be a blueprint for watson to follow.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/22/24 10:56 PM
My point is that rehabilitating a horrible image is possible, if someone wants to work at it.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/23/24 12:57 AM

Building on what you said, the knock on Watson earlier on was that he doesn't care. Now some are saying that he cares too much.

We gotta at least decide on one or the other.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/23/24 02:04 AM

Building on what you said, the knock on Watson earlier on was that he doesn't care. Now some are saying that he cares too much.

We gotta at least decide on one or the other.

I don't know too many ways to be sure how much someone cares, but I am guessing if a guy plays 2/3 of a game with an injury to his throwing shoulder that is serious enough to require surgery, that he more than likely cares a lot. There has been more than one poster imply because his salary was guaranteed, that he wouldn't play if he was hurt even the slightest.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/23/24 09:55 AM

Not even close. Most guys care.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/23/24 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by GMdawg

Not even close. Most guys care.

I agree. Who in here wants to be disliked?
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/23/24 09:21 PM
Very few people get to the NFL if they didn’t care. With rare exceptions (some have so much natural talent they can skate their way into the NFL), you have to love competing and love the game to get to that level.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/23/24 11:25 PM
I don’t know what DW’s future plans are but he’ll be only 31 when this contract runs out assuming he doesn’t get extended. If he does well these next 3 years he’ll be in line for another big deal. I would think he cares not to mention i’m sure he has some pride.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/25/24 10:11 PM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/25/24 10:34 PM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/25/24 10:36 PM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/25/24 10:50 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/26/24 12:59 PM
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/26/24 03:25 PM
I don't think a renovation of the old stadium is a long term fix for the future. A dome is the way to go.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/26/24 04:49 PM
j/c...

Not entirely Browns news....yet.

Posted By: leadtheway Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/27/24 02:31 PM
I hope they dont do that.. I get the whole bring the nfl to the world, but its just silly.. theres only 17 games, the people that are buying merchandise predominately live in the states, and all you're doing is taking a home game away from a team, making teams go across the globe to play a jet lagged game then have to get back and try to get ready for the next one.. its dumb. I think it needs to die. Bring back NFL europe or create other spin offs if other countries want to see american football. I swear Roger Goodell is ruining football, every year we get closer to flag football and these half baked money grabbing schemes
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/27/24 09:30 PM
I hope they dont do that.. I get the whole bring the nfl to the world, but its just silly.. theres only 17 games, the people that are buying merchandise predominately live in the states, and all you're doing is taking a home game away from a team, making teams go across the globe to play a jet lagged game then have to get back and try to get ready for the next one.. its dumb. I think it needs to die. Bring back NFL europe or create other spin offs if other countries want to see american football. I swear Roger Goodell is ruining football, every year we get closer to flag football and these half baked money grabbing schemes

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but as long as their income keep surging, owners will follow his lead.
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/27/24 11:54 PM
Well to be fair, that part of brazil is in the same time zone as us, so shouldn't be jet lag, but I agree that this game, at a minimum, shouldn't be a home or season opener. Let it be in October with the other international games, even further why not let it be a preseason game like in the 80s and 90s? Brazilians could care less who is playing, so let them watch 4th string scrubs and call it done. No major Soccer team is going to play their season opener here, so why should we?
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/28/24 01:51 AM
Sure sounds like Haslam is leaning Brookpark
Posted By: The Collector Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/28/24 05:36 AM
Re: Brazil..

Honestly think with the current 17 game schedule, that it should count as an away game for both teams.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/28/24 01:05 PM
I don't think a renovation of the old stadium is a long term fix for the future. A dome is the way to go.

The current stadium is a well built facility. It might be tough to retrofit a dome on it, but I'm certain it can be done. If they do that, then it can indeed be the long term solution.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/28/24 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Damanshot

The current stadium is a well built facility. It might be tough to retrofit a dome on it, but I'm certain it can be done. If they do that, then it can indeed be the long term solution.

It could not be done, not realistically anyway. If it were, it would be one of the planet's greatest engineering feats.

The stadium is built on landfill. Pylons would need to go much deeper in order to support the added weight of the roof. Then the stadium would also need to be lowered -- so that the roof wouldn't impeded FAA flightpath regulations for Burke.

The cost would be much more than demolishing the stadium and starting all over.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/28/24 02:11 PM

Not going to beef your opinions on the game, but Brazil is 1 hours ahead of us time wise. Jet lag isn't a function of time spent in the plane. It is caused by the number of times zones one crosses. You cross more time zones going to the west coast than you do going to Brazil. Any lag will be the same as flying from Cleveland to Indy. And in reality, the biggest impact on lag is on the west to east flight, but either way, 1 hour isn't going to make much of an impact to our circadian rhythm. You can correct that in a day.

The bigger issue to me is the Peacock deal. The NFL needs to pick one streaming provider. If it's You Tube, fine. Peacock, fine, but it wisses me off when you have to start buying 3-4 different providers to watch your pucking game.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/28/24 08:21 PM
It didn't take long for the Cleveland Browns to sign receiver Jerry Jeudy to an extension after he was recently acquired in a trade with the Denver Broncos, and it appears that Jeudy might not be the only Cleveland receiver to be offered an extension this offseason either.

Amari Cooper, a former first-round pick, is in the final year of a five-year contract that he signed with the Dallas Cowboys in 2020 and is currently carrying a cap hit of more than $23 million into this season.

However, Browns general manager Andrew Berry hinted that the team could lower Cooper's cap hit by signing him to a new deal.

"Coop's a Pro-Bowl caliber receiver. He's played very well for us the past two years." Berry said, per NBC Sports. "He's a strong presence in the locker room. We love him. Players like that, you want to make sure that you can retain him as long as possible."

ADVERTISEMENT

Ad:9
Learn More
In two seasons with Cleveland, Cooper has hauled in 150 catches for 2,410 yards and 14 touchdowns. As a result, it's easy to see why the Browns would want to extend Cooper beyond the 2024 season.

Check out this story from Fox Sports
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/n...ning-wr-amari-cooper-as-long-as-possible
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/28/24 08:55 PM
Makes sense. Coop might know he can get more out of the Browns on a 2-3 year extension over playing this year then hitting the FA market.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/29/24 11:48 AM
The Ridley contract didn't do the Browns any favors but, much like the Jeudy contract, they might want to get ahead of the upcoming deals of Chase, Jefferson, Higgins, etc.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News Continued.... - 03/30/24 11:35 AM
The Ridley contract didn't do the Browns any favors but, much like the Jeudy contract, they might want to get ahead of the upcoming deals of Chase, Jefferson, Higgins, etc.

I think that is exactly what is happening. We just saw some of that with QB contracts. What looks high today might not be so high when you look back at it in a year.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/02/24 12:54 PM

rofl
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/02/24 03:05 PM

A Cleveland kid....Glenville HS.
Posted By: mac Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/02/24 05:37 PM
A Cleveland kid....Glenville HS.

memp...yep, local kid comes home to play for his home town team...like it.. thumbsup

Not sure how the Browns determine his value since the kickoff rules have been changed for the 2024 season..? Maybe he can also fill in as a backup CB.

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/02/24 07:22 PM
He also excells on punt cover, IIRC.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/06/24 01:05 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/06/24 03:07 PM
Thanks, good stuff.

I do not believe that saying KS does not play to his players strengths is even remotely accurate.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/06/24 04:26 PM
Love the Glenville hoodie
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/06/24 04:35 PM
IMO KS is a good coach and we're fortunate to have him. I feel the same about AB as our GM. We finally have some people that know what they're doing. We also have an owner that knows to leave them alone and let them do their job.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/06/24 11:36 PM
Trying to build preseason hype over DW is a poor move. We’ll believe it when we see it, consistently.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/07/24 12:21 AM
Trying to build preseason hype over DW is a poor move. We’ll believe it when we see it, consistently.

It's not a poor move. It's a normal move.

I agree that pre-season hype if cheap. It takes money to buy whisky, but who else is going to be the center of conversation?
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/09/24 03:06 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/09/24 04:48 PM
Bummer.

Was hoping Grossi would go and get left somewhere in the Amazon River basin.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/10/24 01:40 PM
Posted By: mac Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/10/24 01:46 PM
Good...hope the Packers and Eagles enjoy Brazil.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/10/24 04:26 PM
Trying to find a link, but it looks like The Browns have picked up Greg Newsome’s 5th year option
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/10/24 04:40 PM
I have seen reports saying they will but not that they have as of yet.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/10/24 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Frenchy
Trying to find a link, but it looks like The Browns have picked up Greg Newsome’s 5th year option

I believe this particular news has stemmed from a recent "Hey, Mary Kay" article.....

Hey, Mary Kay:
Why keep Greg Newsome II? He’s very inconsistent and the Browns could clear some salary cap room. I liked what I saw from Cam Mitchell. — Greg, Indianapolis.

Hey, Greg: For starters, the Browns were happy with Newsome’s performance last season in his first year in Jim Schwartz’s defense. He embraced the slot role more than the year before and elevated his game. GM Andrew Berry also doesn’t give up on his draft picks easily, and will certainly allow Newsome to continue to develop. He’s a tremendous bargain in 2024 at a base salary of $2.398 million, and even his fifth-year option tender of $13.377 million for 2025 is not exorbitant for a good starting cornerback.

The Browns are expected to pick that up by the May 2 deadline. The Browns subscribe to the notion that you can never have too many good cornerbacks, and they have four in Denzel Ward, Newsome, Martin Emerson Jr. and Mitchell. In 2023, Newsome tied with Ward as the 42nd-best cornerback in the NFL, according to Pro Football Focus. Emerson was 63rd.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...or-a-notable-tight-end-hey-mary-kay.html
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/11/24 10:05 AM
There have been reports of us wanting to trade Newsome. Obviously no trade has happened.

Newsome is one of those guys who may not be good enough to want to pick up the option, but is defiantly good enough you don't want to drop him from the roster.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/11/24 12:16 PM
j/c..

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/11/24 12:17 PM
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/11/24 01:00 PM
Seems like a good move for both sides to me. Nicks a great player that I would like to see be a Brown until he retires. Hope your rehab is going well and looking forward to seeing you play again Nick when you’re ready!
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/11/24 01:27 PM
This is great news. The night he was injured made me half sick. I still have my 2 boxes of Chubb Crunch.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/11/24 01:42 PM

If true, that's quite the cap hit cut on his contract.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/11/24 03:33 PM
A lot of us felt this would be worked out in one of two ways. Either Chubbs salary cap number would come down in a reworked deal or he would be traded/cut. After the injury there's no chance he could be traded. This was the only viable option that remained that would keep him here.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/11/24 06:01 PM
I think that the 6,275 000 is Nicks new base salary as opposed to his previous base salary of 11,775,000
For a net cap savings of 5,500,000 this year.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/11/24 08:55 PM
Sadly how these restructures impact the salary cap are fuzzy math at best. From everything I'm seeing that number isn't arrived at strictly on the base salary......

Browns restructure RB Nick Chubb's contract

April 11 (UPI) -- The Cleveland Browns restructured Nick Chubb's contract, significantly lowering the running back's base salary and hit against their salary cap.

Sources told NFL Network, ESPN and Cleveland.com about the move Thursday.

Chubb was set to earn an $11.7 million base salary and account for $15.8 million against the Browns' salary cap. Incentives in the reworked pact will allow for Chubb to potentially earn the previous salary he could have received under the terms of the old deal.

He is now expected to account for just $6.2 million against the Browns' salary cap. The Browns signed Chubb to a three-year, $36 million contract extension in 2021.

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-restructure-rb-nick-chubbs-165110216.html

There's a lot more to the article but this part covers the salary cap portion.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/12/24 02:47 AM
Salary caps are hard to figure, especially incentives.

Some incentives are factored as likely to be earned, some not likely.

How that is determined, who knows? Either way, it seems like a fair deal. The Browns cut him a fair deal. The probably could have offered him a $2 mil take it or leave it offer.

Glad we treated him right and glad he is still a Brown.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/12/24 11:09 AM
Fair and just deal for both parties.

Nick is a favorite for many Browns fans and deservedly so.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/12/24 08:45 PM
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/13/24 12:03 PM
I feel very uneasy about this trade.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/13/24 03:34 PM
A former UDFA that we picked up off a practice squad after we had a bunch of injuries getting traded hopefully just means that the guys that were injured are healthy again.
Posted By: mac Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/13/24 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Rishuz
I feel very uneasy about this trade.

rish...as bull just pointed out, we are talking about a guy (udfa) that the Browns picked up as a backup at a time when we were battling the injury issue...he was a healthy body. He was a tweener between TE and OT so he did have some value but Browns fans should feel fortunate to get anything in trade for him..a 7th rounder, we will take that. thumbsup
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/15/24 07:21 PM

I agree that pre-season hype if cheap. It takes money to buy whisky, but who else is going to be the center of conversation?

Kicker, Punter, Long Snapper? Those heart and soul types.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/16/24 10:57 AM

Kicker, Punter, Long Snapper? Those heart and soul types.

If you think so, you think so.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/16/24 02:33 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/17/24 02:08 PM

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/17/24 02:09 PM
Pretty sure I'm in the minority, but I like the brown and gray facemasks better.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/18/24 12:33 AM
Pretty sure I'm in the minority, but I like the brown and gray facemasks better.

I do too.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/18/24 01:09 AM

JUst my opinion. The color isn't something that matters to me so much, but the facemask shape can greatly affect how the helmet looks.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/18/24 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

JUst my opinion. The color isn't something that matters to me so much, but the facemask shape can greatly affect how the helmet looks.

Scott Player knows this well
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/18/24 01:46 PM

Former first-round pick.

Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/18/24 01:53 PM
He's been a RT - we love us some RTs - and has 36" long arms...I wonder if they are thinking about trying him at G.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/19/24 09:12 PM
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...nthony-lima/id1033244883?i=1000652979446

Coach Stefanski today on The Ken Carman Show
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/22/24 01:18 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/22/24 01:24 PM

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/22/24 02:31 PM
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/22/24 06:52 PM
I watched the three shorts. Freakin' awesome -- thanks for posting!

#1. Imagine a well-calculated move that feeds no conspiracy theory with the Vrabel addition! So glad to have him and see how he's already paying dividends. There is nothing more important in any business than a fresh set of trusting eyeballs to walk in and question things (in a good way) that you've long taken for granted.

#2. New kickoffs should be exciting. This is when you're thankful to have the addition of a Vrabel... and a Bubba Ventrone. All teams starting with a clean slate, ours is smarter than most of them. wink So many things we haven't even thought about, just from the perspective of the kicker, "hangtime means nothing".

#3. Things that never cross your mind as a fan (at least not mine), the thought and planning that goes into gameday officiating crew. "Making sure your offensive players gloves match the jersey color of the opposing team".

Good stuff.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/22/24 11:50 PM
Kevin Talks well and I like listening to him speak.

However, if it wasn't for Goldhammer and Kevin saying good question.

I feel the looks Kevin was giving Rizzo, there may have been a finger flip.

LOL
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/23/24 12:01 AM
I know you get lots of thank yous for posting material.

I don't have Twitter or the X thing, not a social media person

I enjoy these posts, oh ! and by the way. Thank you ! smile

I do have some xxx , but I don't think I can post those interviews

LOL just having fun !

That might not be the right thing to say

LOL
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/23/24 12:31 AM
rofl
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/23/24 11:14 PM

London?!? Might end up being Saudi Arabia (pack sunscreen)!

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/30/24 03:07 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/30/24 06:56 PM

The dude realized he might be on the outside looking in.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/30/24 07:12 PM
We knew, he knew, everyone knew that weight was an issue on his draft day. You get thrown into the rigors of your first NFL season and you can't really change that significantly. First offseason was always going to be the litmus test imo.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns News Continued.... - 04/30/24 09:38 PM
I read an article that said that DT seems to be a position where many players "need a year". We'll see on Ika.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/01/24 11:20 AM

The dude realized he might be on the outside looking in.

Might be. Dark colors tend to make people look slimmer.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/01/24 12:38 PM
Ika could even get on the game roster last year.

If he is not in playing shape and does not show a massive improvement. He will be cut.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/01/24 12:38 PM
True. And he could have tucked his Fa-Doop-Doop under his shorts.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/01/24 02:14 PM
Ika could even get on the game roster last year.

If he is not in playing shape and does not show a massive improvement. He will be cut.

I agree.

I have said for many years on this board that the only thing worse than a blown pick is sticking with a blown pick. Blown picks happen, just a fact of the business. Sticking with them is a choice.

Being a fairly high choice, if he doesn't pan out in camp this year, I could see us cutting him then sticking him on the practice squad for a year if he clears waivers. I'd be OK with that if it happens.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/01/24 02:42 PM
Thinking about the D scheme, too...Has Schwartz ever prioritized a true nose kind of guy? It seems like he's more prone to having the gap attackers.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/01/24 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Thinking about the D scheme, too...Has Schwartz ever prioritized a true nose kind of guy? It seems like he's more prone to having the gap attackers.

I don't know. It doesn't seem like he does. I think he likes active DT's who can penetrate over those who anchor and hold their ground.

At least in todays NFL, guys who can neutralize two blockers don't work when 60-70% of the time you only have two LB's on the field.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/01/24 02:54 PM

Overall, I do not think so. In a draft interview with Kevin Stefanski, he made reference to the defensive interior and the types of guys they want when discussing the Michael Hall selection. In short, they lean towards guys who can be 3-techs and 2i-techs with pass disruption ability. No 0 tech was referenced. I know that's not from Schwartz's mouth but clearly, Stefanski knows that defensive identify and scheme.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/01/24 04:29 PM

I'm not sure they see Ika as a true nose guy. I think they see him as more of a pocket collapser/battering ram. I think they want him to play like more of an Albert Haynesworth, Ndamukong Suh, Jeffery Simmons type DT (All guys on teams that Schwartz has coached.) Brute-force guys. Guys that can reset the line of scrimmage in short yardage situations while also making QBs uncomfortable by compressing the pocket.

I've said it about other positions, but I think it also applies on the DL. The "team" likes giving themselves different stylistic options, so that they can try to exploit matchups.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/03/24 04:40 AM
Could of swore he was gone.
Posted By: mac Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/03/24 12:37 PM
Andrew Berry Details Why Browns Did Not Retain Joe Flacco

May 2, 2024
By Earnest Horn
@earnest_horn
link

After Deshaun Watson’s season ended against the Baltimore Ravens, the Cleveland Browns signed former AFC North rival quarterback Joe Flacco to a contract to close out the 2023 regular season.

The Browns can credit the then-38-year-old quarterback with salvaging their playoff aspirations as he led the team to a postseason berth.

Browns GM Andrew Berry addressed the questions surrounding why the team did not re-sign Flacco this season to continue serving as Watson’s backup during an interview on “The Ken Carman Show with Anthony Lima” on Thursday.

Berry’s candid answer was that Flacco’s performance – which included two pick-six throws in a stunning 45-14 playoff loss – did not have an impact on Cleveland’s decision to sign quarterbacks Jameis Winston and Tyler Huntley this offseason.

“I can tell you Anthony (Lima) that we don’t really overreact to any individual performance (because) if that was the case, we would throw out our entire defense,” Berry said of the unit’s showing in the playoff loss.

Lima followed up that question with one directly pointed at Winston’s signing, asking if Berry brought in the former Buccaneers and Saints signal-caller due to his age (30) compared to Flacco as a now 39-year-old athlete.

Berry noted that age was not the only consideration, telling Lima that he took multiple factors into account in signing Winston to a contract in March.

Costs and performance were the other factors Berry outlined in making this decision, adding that both Winston and Flacco were “great” quarterbacks.

Berry concluded that Winston made the most sense for Cleveland due to other roster moves the team made.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/03/24 03:17 PM
The "Andrew Berry Details Why Browns Did Not Retain Joe Flacco" piece literally offers zero detail on why the Browns did not retain Flacco.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/03/24 04:21 PM
I read the post twice and the only thing I could get out of it was they didn’t resign Joe because of his age but even so it’s vague. I believe his age was a factor and Joe can go from very good to very bad in an instant as we saw in the playoff game.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/08/24 01:17 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/08/24 05:31 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/08/24 08:25 PM
I don't follow the stadium talk because I am out of state.

But at one time I saw a rendering where the lakefront was all integrated and there was a new stadium that was a part of it. I don't remember if it was a dome.

Why is that not an option? Why a rebuild? Why don't they take advantage of lakefront property and make it really cool?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/08/24 08:55 PM
I've heard but can not verify that the ground the current stadium is built on will not support the weight of a domed stadium. So the only current options I've seen given are a 1 billion dollar renovation of the current stadium or a new dome stadium in Brooklyn Park.....

Cleveland Browns owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam say stadium options are $1B renovation or new $2B dome outside city

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports.../95-c9de4dc8-99e8-4e81-89b7-58f657265145

I'm not sure that investing 1 billion in an old stadium and not having a dome is something I wold consider a wise investment.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/08/24 10:57 PM
I don't know if the "Modell Law" has teeth?

I agree Haslam will have no interest in renovation considering what dome revenue would bring.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/09/24 01:38 PM
I hope the city of Cleveland and Jimmy Haslam can get together and bring the new stadium project to fruition. I don’t want to see a repeat of what happened in 1995.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/09/24 01:41 PM
I don't follow the stadium talk because I am out of state.

But at one time I saw a rendering where the lakefront was all integrated and there was a new stadium that was a part of it. I don't remember if it was a dome.

Why is that not an option? Why a rebuild? Why don't they take advantage of lakefront property and make it really cool?

Because you are still going to have a 30 year old crap stadium on valuable property that gets used less that half the year.

Look, you have some age on you just as I do. We can put on a $1000 suit and look pretty spiffy, but no matter what it's still an old body.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/09/24 02:22 PM
I don't know if the "Modell Law" has teeth?

I agree Haslam will have no interest in renovation considering what dome revenue would bring.

I don't think it has teeth that sharp. No doubt there is the letter of the law. There is also the concept of " Spirit of the Law" and moving the team 10 miles away, even more wouldn't pass the spirit of the law.

I don't know how far the boundary might reach, but certainly more than moving the team 10 miles. I would think anywhere in Cuyahoga County would be fair game, maybe even a bit further. 20-30 miles maybe? That would put you in areas of Lorain, Medina, and Summit County.

The ideal is for the county, and cities of Brookpark and Cleveland to work out annexation of the parcel. Nobody lives in the area, so no citizens will feel any tax impact of moving from Brookpark rates to Cleveland rates. In return, work out a deal where Brookpark will receive some portion of the revenue generated by the city of Cleveland from the stadium project. We are talking 180 acers here. It's not like Brookpark would be giving up half their city, and the area is a dead zone.

Getting some tax money without providing any services might be a carrot they would find agreeable. There are ways to divvy up the taxes. One city gets hotel, the other restaurant, or whatever.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/09/24 04:50 PM
Peen I know you are up on the stadium news.

Pit said they can't build a dome on the current lakefront property where the stadium sits because of weight.

I looked but could not find a reason. It would seem to me that bedrock could be hit and weight could be supported?

Is there a reason they cannot build a dome on the current location?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/09/24 05:05 PM
I said that's what I heard but can't verify it. I would like for someone to either verify it or dispel it myself.
Posted By: mac Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/09/24 05:13 PM
peen...I consider myself a traditionalist and a certifiable "old timer" who believes in maintaining Cleveland's football history...but, now is the time to look forward and take advantage of "this opportunity" to move Cleveland football into the future.

"BUILD THAT DOME"... and make it the best and "most futuristic stadium" in the NFL, designed to promote and support "NFL Football", especially within "Cleveland" or any location within the Cleveland area".

..doing as much as possible to maintain and support the History of the Game, by incorporating "the NFL's Hall of Fame" and the "history of the NFL" into the history of a new Cleveland Browns "domed" stadium, is an opportunity that is hard to pass up.

Rarely would such an opportunity become available to any NFL owner. Haslam and/or his family have an opportunity to take advantage of the NFL's history and the physical origins of "The Birthplace of the National Football League"..located in the same general area as the Browns proposed location for a new domed stadium in Brook Park, Ohio.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/09/24 05:22 PM
The problem with building the dome on the
stadium is that they used the foundation from the old stadium and it can’t handle the additional weight. They could tear down and rebuild from scratch I would imagine but they would need a place to play for a few years.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/09/24 05:44 PM
Thanks P. With your additional information I found this which adds some context. It's part of a larger article.....

The site is also a landfill on reclaimed submerged lands, subject to legal ownership by the State of Ohio rather than the city of Cleveland which has been an ongoing dispute between city and state for decades. That century-old landfill isn’t stable. It’s a mix of trash and fill dirt. To stabilize it for the construction of external structures to support a new roof would require lots of legal maneuvering just to build the costly foundations. FirstEnergy Stadium itself was built on the 92-year-old foundations of the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium. Local history aficionados say those foundations were merely old utility poles driven straight down into the landfill.

The Browns already know renovation of an open-air stadium that was poorly designed, quickly built and not easily or cheaply remedied is not the ideal situation. Over the next year, the Browns will have a conversation with the community on what to do about it. Renovation will involve greater compromises than a new stadium. Those compromises may be acceptable to city officials and the general public. We don’t yet know if the compromises will be acceptable to the Browns.

https://neo-trans.blog/2023/03/30/browns-city-want-you-to-rule-out-fes-renovation/
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/09/24 06:21 PM
Thanks. In the end IMO Haslam will get what he wants done.

Truist Park stadium was built in Cobb county outside of Atlanta. It is a complete Galleria. Shopping Malls, restaurants etc. etc.

Cha ching. Major money maker but the stadium is outdoors. Obviously, heat is more of an issue than cold. But they pack em in for every game.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/09/24 06:38 PM
You're welcome but it was as much self serving as anything. I had been wanting to know the answer to why nobody seemed to consider a dome in the current location myself. As I said before I had heard it couldn't be done but had nothing concrete to base it on. I guess the foundation and soil where the current stadium is located is the answer.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/10/24 02:11 AM

Truist Park stadium was built in Cobb county outside of Atlanta. It is a complete Galleria. Shopping Malls, restaurants etc. etc.

Cha ching. Major money maker.....

No doubt that the Haslams, and now all owners for that matter, want this concept, but I cannot wrap my head how this translate in Brook Park.

There are already three of these concepts in the greater Cleveland area that serve affluent to upper-middle class areas.

Crocker Park: serves Westlake, Bay Village, Avon, Avon Lake and Rocky River

Legacy Village: serves Beachwood, Gates Mills, Shaker Heights and University Heights.

Pinecrest: serves Pepper Pike, Orange Village, Moreland Hills, Hunting Valley and Chagrin Falls

Outside of the 8 home games, why are people from any of these communities spending any amount of time in Brook Park?

If the mixed used stadium/retail/work/living/dining were on Lake Erie, that location on the lakefront would attract people.

I think refurbishing the existing stadium is meh, but the overall concept in Brook Park is bizarre to me, unless it was a dome stadium and that was it.

Truist Park has 81 homes games and, to my understanding, is located in a more affluent to upper-middle class area. That is not Brook Park.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/10/24 11:21 AM
I agree with you.

Tying the lakefront to the city and the rock n roll HOF is appealing aesthetically way more than Brook Park.

Building a dome on the lakefront can be done however, the cost to do it would be more than Brook Park because of the foundation work needed.

I think they should still look at doing it. In the long run it would be better for all parties involved.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/10/24 12:20 PM
I grew up taking the Rapid Transit red line from the Puritas station to go downtown with my dad when I was little to watch Indians, Browns and Cavs games. I also took it to go downtown to high school before we moved out to Westlake and I got a driver's license and a car.

There was nothing at the Puritas station. It let out basically in a neighborhood at the end of Valley View avenue. The other side of the station may have had a bunch of manufacturing and warehouse shops. My mom and I used to wait there together in the car for my dad to get off from his business in the Terminal Tower.

If the stadium moves to Brookpark, that is one stop in the other direction, between Puritas and the airport. I imagine both areas could build up quite immensely.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/10/24 02:27 PM
from the article it appears the weight of a dome being built on a former landfill may also be a big part of the problem.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/10/24 03:54 PM
I cannot say because I don't the full picture.

However, I am sure there would be a way. Either but removal of land fill to reach bedrock or engineering a stable pad for the structure.

Of course it becomes a money issue and it may be cost prohibitive.

I just found this. It changes the whole picture:

But we have two great options. We're going to pursue them both.” Cabot noted Jimmy “made it clear that a domed stadium is not an option anywhere downtown,” including the current site, in part because it is "in the flight path" of Burke Lakefront Airport.Mar 26, 2024
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/10/24 05:32 PM
I would have to see how the entire statement was worded.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns News Continued.... - 05/10/24 07:19 PM
© DawgTalkers.net